2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#298259 - 02/01/06 07:05 PM Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got my Eclipse AVN5435 (Fujitsu Ten) installed. I must say it is amazing and I have yet to find any downsides to the unit (except the price, but it is well worth it).

I got the unit professionally installed at my local Eclipse dealer, Underground Audio in Sterling VA. They are great over there and did an amazing install. Underground also set the unit up so all the functions worked while driving for no additional charge and they were going to do it before I even asked. The price was a little steep at $250 ($300 with the ps2) but I think it was worth it because you only get the 3 year waranty if you buy the unit and get it installed by an authorized eclipse dealer.

I looked through the forums a lot before I decided to go with this unit and i didnt find too much so i decided to post a complete series of pictures. Heres the pics of everything on the AVN5435 that I know of thus far...

(Screen resolution is much better than it appears in these pictures that were taken with shaky hands at night. Also I realized after the fact that the photos were coming out so pixely because I had the screen tilted)

Heres my stock stereo before upgrade:

Now the AVN5435 installed:

Heres the view from the back seat (not bad):

The unit starting up:

The audio menu:

The FM presets and controls:

DSP Selection Screen (music in different settings):

(continued in reply to this message because it would only let me post 8 pictures per post)

#298260 - 02/01/06 07:07 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

The EQ selction screen:

Position selection screen (sets music for selected seats):

CD control screen:

Information Access screen:

Unit Setting Screen:

ESN (disabling and tracking security) Security Screen:

System Check Screen:

Navigation Safety Screen:

#298261 - 02/01/06 07:08 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

Navigation Screen during day (sub screen on right has a variety of heads-up arrows and direction lists that are set at the users discretion):

Navigation screen at night:

Destination entry screen:

Destination entry screen #2:

Address Entry Screen:

Point of Interest Entry Screen:

Search Area selection screen (for destination searching):

Navigation Menu:

#298262 - 02/01/06 07:09 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Places screen:

Setup screens (4):

Route Selection Screen:

Route Preferences screen:

1 of the 3 routes with Types of roads and Transport displayed:

Info on 3 Routes:

Route Prefernce Screen:

Zoomed out at night:

#298263 - 02/01/06 07:10 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

Zoomed out during day:

Tilt-Eject Screen:

DVD Control Screen:

Playing a DVD:

#298264 - 02/01/06 07:12 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the guys at Underground hook up a PS2 for me and run the wires into the glove box so i would have easy access to the PS2 to change games and remove it from the car if neccessary. The AC adapter for the PS2 comes out under the dash on the passenger side. I still have to buy and install an inverter. I was planning on installing the inverter and the AC adapter for the PS2 under the dash on the passenger side. Any suggestions for a inverter and install are appreciated.

Here are the PS2 pics...

Cables for PS2 in glove box:

PS2 in glove box (got it for free bc the lid won't sty closed but thats an easy fix):

AC adapter for PS2 under dash:

NHL '06 on AVN5435:

More hockey:

#298265 - 03/01/06 06:48 AM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

dang you took a lot of pictures!!!!!!!!

I have the Eclipse AVN2454. Had it for almost 2 years now. love it!!!! The only drawback to my model is the low voltage pre-outs, but that was corrected on your model. i should have waited. oh well, ya live and learn.

nice choice in equipment and good luck with it!

#298266 - 03/01/06 12:38 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, all those pictures took while to take, downsize, host, and post, but I figured I owed it to the site because I've gotten so much great info here. Also I wanted to show people every aspect of the uniy, which was something I searched extensively for but could not find.

#298267 - 04/01/06 06:10 AM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good job, alpinepowder. I have the same headunit. My only gripe is that I can't change the colors of the backlit buttons. I have an amber dash and the buttons are green. I also wish it had an iPod input. Other than that, I love it.

#298268 - 04/01/06 06:48 AM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can connect and adapter so you can use your IPOD. It does not give you the whole interface of the ipod though. I got mine at crutchfield. I have a extra one if you are interested.
The model number I have is 541PXDP made by peripheral. It also requires a cable specific to the eclipse which I do not have but can also be had from crutchfield.
I'll take $175 shipped if you are interested.

#298269 - 06/01/06 03:44 PM Re: Eclipse AVN5435
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm still trying to figure out how to setup the power supply for the PS2. From what I read on the box of a "gaming" inverter at bestbuy a PS2 draws 87watts, so it doesnt seem like I need a very strong inverter for it, but I want one that I will be able to use for other things as need be (i.e. laptop, charge ipod & phone, etc...). Would like input on what wattage rating I should go with and any other helpful info.

I dont know much about wiring and installing and all, but if its possible I would like to 'hardwire' the invertor to the car power supply (maybe directly connect it to the battery and run the wire up to the dash, or tap into some other power wires?). I want to wire it like this so I can keep the stock look that drove me to buy the Eclipse unit versus other much cheaper gps solutions.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal