2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299287 - 03/10/06 11:44 PM Stock stereo replacement - Navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All,

I am considering the purchase of a 2006 or 2007 Xterra Off Road and otherwise loaded, but as you all know no navigation is available (huge drawback in my opinion).

1) Is there an aftermarket navigation/stereo to replace what's in dash?
2) If not, what are many of you doing who want nav? What seems to be the consensus approach?

Thanks in advance!

#299288 - 04/10/06 12:05 AM Re: Stock stereo replacement - Navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

most everything is still expensive... but if you look around, you can pick up a pocket pc, fairly cheap... either get one with compact flash, or bluetooth capabilities and then get a corresponding gps... I use the Dell Axim 5 with a compact flash gps I bought off ebay for 60 bucks... pocket pc was 50 off craigslist. I picked up iguidance (great program), loaded it, dumped the 150 mile range map on to the axim... and voila!

I have a windshield-suction-cup-style phone holder that cradles the axim, just to the left of my steering wheel. works fine.

There are some very nice gps systems, hitting the market, but they are quite expensive. I decided to use what I could find, for cheap, on craigslist, ebay and such and am quite happy with it.

I loaned it to my pastor, a few weeks ago... he loves it... just took it to Colorado with him.

I optioned it to run off the dc adapter to be full brightness and when the adapter is off (key off), then I set it to drop the screen brightness down to it's lowest setting, and the sleep function is set for 1 minute... so the next time I jump back in... everything is already warmed up.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal