2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299730 - 03/08/07 10:53 PM Shrill Noise coming from speakers
Anonymous
Unregistered

This morning I drove about 4 miles to the bank, the RF stereo was fine, shut the truck off went inside, came back turned on the engine. This shrill piercing noise was blasting out of every speaker! I turned the cd to radio, same thing, I gave up and shut the stereo off. I got to the post office, about another mile or two, when I came back out to the X, I tried the stereo again and everything seemed to be working normally! Anyone encountered this before? I searched the forums and found no mention of this phenomenon.Thanks, confused lj

#299731 - 09/08/07 09:09 PM Re: Shrill Noise coming from speakers
Anonymous
Unregistered

The radio needed to be rebooted? Very odd.

#299732 - 09/08/07 11:20 PM Re: Shrill Noise coming from speakers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since that day when the stereo freaked out or it freaked me out, it's been working fine. Do you think it rebooted itself when I turned it off, and then actually turned off the ignition? Is it just a freak occurance, or do I need to contemplate trying to get help from the dealer? The problem will be trying to instantly take it there when the piercing noise is happening.... otherwise, they will assume I'm another "crazy" client! [LOL] Of course that noise could send you there but quick! lj

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal