2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299980 - 31/03/06 12:02 PM Speaker size choice question for guys with completed systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems that many people who upgraded their complete systems picked a 6.5 rear, and 6.5 component front.

Since the front is a 6x9, and the rear is 5.25 why did you guys go with a 6.5?

I understand going with a 6.5 in the rear as a bigger speaker will give you more bass, but mb quart makes a 6x9 component.

Instead of making mounting adaptors, wouldnt sticking with factory sizes mean a simple drop in place?

My head unit is being installed for me as they are only charging me 20 bucks labour to do it.

But for speakers/subs I was actually thinking of biuying a 4 chanell amp, power the front components, bridge the other 2 chanells for a sub.
There would be no rear speakers.

My sub would be mounted in a pre made box, strapped down to the utility track tie downs.

I almost never need the cargo space.

How do you guys feel about a 2 front/1 sub system as opposed to a front/rear/sub system?

Surprisingly, the sales guy at the electronics store suggested only using front speakers and a sub.

My previous car only had front speakers and a sub. I was happy with it.

Weird for them not to suggest buying more.

Anyway I was just curious as to why you picked 6.5 and dealt with the adaptor making process.

#299981 - 31/03/06 04:59 PM Re: Speaker size choice question for guys with completed systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just to update, my Alpine 9856 is now installed, with the Ipod "full speed" cable.

I can now enjoy, and browse my 4 gig nano via my head unit controls.

I replaced the factory fronts with Alpine type R 6x9's.

A bit of a trim was needed to make them fit. Everything is faded to the front, no rears at all.

I am quite pleased with the sound, to the point I may not get a sub.

I figure just amping the fronts will make a good enough improvement.

Hell, i'll get a sub eventually.

#299982 - 05/04/06 08:33 PM Re: Speaker size choice question for guys with completed systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey..
my system is complete.. for now..
and i Have 6 1/2's in front and 6x9's in the back... thats what mine came with.. what year x do u have?
My speakers are pioneer premier