OK, the six disk CD changer that is standard in the SE is nice but totoally useless to me.

I have a nice fat 40GB portable MP3 player that has freed me from the hassel of ever messing with CD's again - what I really need is an AUX INPUT.

Does anyone know if the 2002 factory 6 disk changer has any sort of inputs on the back (perhaps for an additional changer?)

If not, anyone got any favorites for a head unit that has an AUX Input that looks good in the 2002? I don't care if it has a CD that can play MP3's or not since I will probably never use - but nice to have for friends who haven't "seen the light" and are still holding on to old tech laugh

I'm also not sure where the amp is in the factory unit - is it in the head unit or seperate? Anyone got any specs on the factory system at all?

I would be most interested in hearing from folks who have replaced the factory stereo and hearing experiences in mounting of units, what they did to cover up the unused space, etc. In sifting through old posts it seems there are a few options for boxes out of other model Nissan's that will fit under a half hight DIN unit.

Eric

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: DocNo ]