shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302909 - 08/04/04 11:35 AM OEM and RF Install Question
Arson Offline

Loc: Wilmington, DE
I saw this OEM Maxima CD/Tape head unit on eBay. Thinking it may be a good solution for me wanting to use an iPod with tape adapter. My problem is I have the RF system. Question, will this head unit be plug-and-play if I take out my RF head unit? Will the steering wheel controls still work? Any help would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64577&item=3089357413&rd=1

#302910 - 11/04/04 04:17 PM Re: OEM and RF Install Question
Rob Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh,PA,USA
That looks like the CD/tape/radio that came in my '00 SE Xterra. It has no aux input that you can use for an iPod. I replaced my for just that reason.

'00 Xterras didn't have steering wheel radio controls, so I dont' know if the control will plug into that radio.

#302911 - 13/04/04 04:01 PM Re: OEM and RF Install Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be wary of any differences in radios...Even though they may look the same, more often than not subtle differences will render the radios useless in crossover situations.

A better solution:

If your radio works fine right now, you can add an FM Modulator to it and install an 1/8" mini-Stereo (headphone) jack somewhere on the dash to plug the iPod into. Not only will it sound better, but look much cleaner! smile

If you have any questions about the install let me know and I can walk you through it.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal