shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#303013 - 09/03/03 10:27 AM '03 Manual has wrong fog lamp part number!
03SYXPilot Offline

Loc: DE
Went to change my bulbs by the directions in the manual. Soon found that they are all wrong!! THe bulb IS NOT a H3!! It looks like a mini 9007 that just twists out like a taillamp bulb! There is no 'housing' to remove prior to extracting the bulb like the directions say. Now I'm befuddled as to the correct bulb part number.

Now proud owner of a '05 Mazda 3 HB!!

#303014 - 09/03/03 05:03 PM Re: '03 Manual has wrong fog lamp part number!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Really???? They must have changed them for 2003's cause my 2002 has H3's in the fogs... confused

#303015 - 09/03/03 07:12 PM Re: '03 Manual has wrong fog lamp part number!
Xterradawg Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I just added fogs to my X and it looked to me that the only way to change the bulbs would be to remove the entire lamp assembly from the front bumper. It definetly was not a twist out type bulb. I thought that the 02 and 03 were the same type fogs.

You don't have to remove the tires, just get under the front bumper and remove the 1 screw from the bottom of the housing that holds the lamp in the bumper, disconnect the plug and push it out from behind. Should be just the opposite of installing it. Guess I'll find out when one burns out.

#303016 - 11/03/03 07:07 AM Re: '03 Manual has wrong fog lamp part number!
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradawg:
I just added fogs to my X and it looked to me that the only way to change the bulbs would be to remove the entire lamp assembly from the front bumper. It definetly was not a twist out type bulb. I thought that the 02 and 03 were the same type fogs.

You don't have to remove the tires, just get under the front bumper and remove the 1 screw from the bottom of the housing that holds the lamp in the bumper, disconnect the plug and push it out from behind. Should be just the opposite of installing it. Guess I'll find out when one burns out.
Hey Xterradawg, I finally installed my Fog Light Kit I got from E-bay, it was a sinch, thanks to your 2 cents on another topic on this same forum, I had no problems, and they look great....My question also is when one burns out do you have to replace the whole light assembly? and also where do you get the replacement light when one goes out?

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#303017 - 11/03/03 11:05 AM Re: '03 Manual has wrong fog lamp part number!
Xterradawg Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Rickster43,

Doesn't the X just look that much more cool with the lights? Glad to hear that I was of some help to you.

From what I can tell in the manual, you have to pull out the whole lamp assembly, twist the bulb housing on the back to open it up, release a spring clip and the bulb comes out. The bulb appears to be wired to a small plug that you uplug and then reverse the process.

I got mine aimed the other night to where I liked them and what a difference they make. My night vision seems to be getting worse as I get older and these really help to light up the road right in front of you. I was reallly impressed with them. cool

#303018 - 11/03/03 11:26 AM Re: '03 Manual has wrong fog lamp part number!
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradawg:
Rickster43,

Doesn't the X just look that much more cool with the lights? Glad to hear that I was of some help to you.

From what I can tell in the manual, you have to pull out the whole lamp assembly, twist the bulb housing on the back to open it up, release a spring clip and the bulb comes out. The bulb appears to be wired to a small plug that you uplug and then reverse the process.

I got mine aimed the other night to where I liked them and what a difference they make. My night vision seems to be getting worse as I get older and these really help to light up the road right in front of you. I was reallly impressed with them. cool
Yeah, I aimed mine last night after I installed them, the Xterra does look more cool with them...I used them this morning on the way to work...couldn't asked for a better day...it was a fogging, misty morning here in San Antonio...Thanks for the info on replacing the bulb, it will come in handy when the time comes.....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal