2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#304401 - 03/03/06 11:54 AM 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im sure many of you have removed the stock radio from your 01 X! How do you start? I cant find any screws and the plastic trim doesn't seem to want to budge and I dont want to break anything. Anyone have any pics, or a write up? Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

#304402 - 03/03/06 12:13 PM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know my '02 dash is a little different from yours, but from what I have seen the general Nissan set up is pretty similar.

When you look above the radio, there are usually 2 screws going up that hold the fascia around the center console together. Those should unscrew easily. There are usually 2 more bolts on the bottom. Mine were near the t-case lever. If I remember right I had to to pop up the console that comes around the tranny and the t-case. Usually those screws are not hard to find at all.

Once you get those off, before you pull the center console fascia off completely, make sure you unplug the cigarette light (if it's in that vicinity; I know on my '02 it is) and unplug the emergency flashers.

Once you pull off the fascia, the stock CD player is held on a bracket. Bracket is attached on 4 sides, i believe between the edge of the said bracker and the center console itself.

Spend a few mins in the truck looking for it and you shall find every screw you need to take off. It's very easy.

#304403 - 04/03/06 05:25 PM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you haven't figured it out already, you just have to remove the ashtray..there are 2 screws behind it you need to remove. Then, you just have to pry the black trim piece around the radio off, then you will see the 4 screws holding the radio in.

#304404 - 06/03/06 07:49 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys. I will give it a shot and see what I find!

#304405 - 06/03/06 09:01 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
In my '00 the black piece around the radio etc is just held on with clips... I just grab it starting down low and pull it all the way off (whoa.. that sounded dirty [Uh Oh !] ).

#304406 - 07/03/06 12:13 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

with my 00 there were 2 screws under the ash tray that had to be removed first. The you could pull and then 4 screws holding the radio in.

#304407 - 07/03/06 01:25 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember the screws in the ashtray, along with 2 others at the bottom, 4 total.

Then pull the trim ring off carefully.

Also, remember to ground your stereo with a seperate ground wire or you might get a hum.

#304408 - 01/05/06 10:06 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Allow me to dredge up, and attach on, to an old post.

I have a 2003. I am having some difficulty with getting the facia plates off. I have so far unscrewed the 6 screws which are visible. Two, that face up, in the middle of the consol near the radio. Two, that are all the way at the rear of the center consol towards the bottom. Lastly, the two which are all the way towards the front of the center consol almost under everything.

Still nothing comes loose. This is my impass. I have no pictures to take at the moment. Any suggestions?

#304409 - 01/05/06 10:41 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowFunk:
Allow me to dredge up, and attach on, to an old post.

I have a 2003. I am having some difficulty with getting the facia plates off. I have so far unscrewed the 6 screws which are visible. Two, that face up, in the middle of the consol near the radio. Two, that are all the way at the rear of the center consol towards the bottom. Lastly, the two which are all the way towards the front of the center consol almost under everything.

Still nothing comes loose. This is my impass. I have no pictures to take at the moment. Any suggestions?
Six??

There are four you need to remove to get at your stereo in a 2003:

The two inverted screws at the top of the face of the headunit.

Then the two at the bottom of the pocket under the headunit (I'm assuming you've removed the shifter-boot cover?).

If this is the first time you've ever removed the console, it might be a tight fit. Be gentle! You don't want to break anything.

Hmm. That sounded dirty, too . . .

#304410 - 01/05/06 11:09 AM Re: 01 radio removal help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah it was a tight fit. I found all of the screws and eventually found out where I was supposed to pull and what attached to what! So everything is out now and I am that much wiser!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal