shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#304596 - 28/01/01 08:23 PM 5 Hours Later
EverythingZen Offline

Loc: Houston TX USA
Man, I've installed several car stereo systems but I think the X kicked my ass by far. I had to create a custom bracket for the pioneer 4 ways in the rear because of the depth difference. Than I had to shave about 1/4" around the factory mounts in the doors for my pioneer 3 ways, even though they are 6 3/4". Than I had to reconfigure the head unit bracket in order to have the head units face bracket fit flush. Basically cut out with a utility knife about a 1/2" which made me very nervous because its something you stare at all the time. It was alot of work but its very much worth it. $500 of parts and 5 hours of my time and the X sounds like a champ. If anyone out there has the guts to do it. I congradulate you.

------------------
00' Super Black SE
98' Jeep Wrangler
Sport

#304597 - 19/02/01 06:58 PM Re: 5 Hours Later
Hifonics Offline

Yeah... I want through the same thing... I have a Pioneer DEX-P1R cd plaey and I flushed it into the dash w/ black plexi.... Very fun.... I just mae wood spacers for my MB Quarts in the door and made plates for the rear Quarts... I had to drill new mounting holes in my factory radio bracket and mounted a cd changer under the drivers seat...

-----------
2001 Aztec Red XE V-6

------------------

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal