2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#305774 - 26/10/02 10:16 AM 12 INCH SUBWOOFERs ? NO MORE CARGO AREA
caseman Offline

Loc: Waukegan, IL.
First of all I love my truck. My girlfriend is even a little jealous I think. For a birthday present she took my 2002 to Best Buy and had an AMP one huge ass box with 2 12 INCH sub woofers installed. Sure it sounds outstanding my ears are still ringing. But I only have a little bit of cargo space. I cant even fit grocery's in the back. So my question is: Is there any way to install them so I have more space? Any custom fabrications? I read the link about the 2003 subwoofer panel but will it fit a 12. I like music but I don't have to have bass that makes it feel like there are kids in the back kicking my seat. So if anybody has any idea's please tell. I don't want to piss my woman off by taking them out mad and throwing them in the closet but Im damn close.

#305775 - 26/10/02 12:17 PM Re: 12 INCH SUBWOOFERs ? NO MORE CARGO AREA
gearhead1972 Offline

Loc: Brewster NY
well you dont have many options with 2 12's you could just buy a single 12 box and put one of them in. Like so

#305776 - 26/10/02 12:18 PM Re: 12 INCH SUBWOOFERs ? NO MORE CARGO AREA
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Well, if they can be used in a small sealed box you could just get a Q-Logic 12" woofer box or such and just use one and run it mono. I have a single 10 in a sealed box and it puts out plenty of bass while taking up very little cargo area. I also have a long wire to it so I can move it around if I need to. Usually it sits on the driver's side up against the back seat though and firing backwards towards the rear door. That's the best way.

I don't know what to tell you about the second woofer and how to handle that with your GF!

Gearhead posted the same thing with a picture while I was typing. Even the box is what I was thinking about.

[Wave]

#305777 - 26/10/02 12:58 PM Re: 12 INCH SUBWOOFERs ? NO MORE CARGO AREA
Bobby_X Offline

That's awesome that your girlfriend did that for you. My girlfriend dumped me on my last birthday!

Anyway, there's probably nothing you can do that wont secretly offend her wink

#305778 - 26/10/02 07:39 PM Re: 12 INCH SUBWOOFERs ? NO MORE CARGO AREA
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA
I would switch boxes. A sealed box will have a tighter sound, and better response, but won't hit quite as hard. Here's a comparison for 2 10's that I have.

Sealed Box

Bandpass Box

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal