2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#306664 - 10/09/05 03:23 PM Two CB antennas for 1 radio CB
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know much about CB tuning, I'm currently learning alot. I already bought the Cobra 18 WX ST II and was searching on the forum about all your CB tune up. I heard that FireStik II is a good antenna so I'm planning to buy one if I can find it in Canada. I took a look on Ebay and found a guy who sell 2...

I know that if you put the antenna at the back the reception will be better for the front, and if you put it at the front it will be better for the back. So the best thing is to place it on the middle of the top. But what about one on each extremity? Did someone already tried this? I searched but didn't found anything about that.

#306665 - 10/09/05 06:09 PM Re: Two CB antennas for 1 radio CB
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I'm not totaly sure the effort would make much of a difference in your case..Big rigs tend to run dual antennas due to the fact they are trailering a huge box behind them which can act as a sheild blocking reception.So they run the duals to get coverage from either direction.

If you run the antenna in a middle point of your X you should have more than enough coverage and you wouldn't have to run two antennas like your talking about...

#306666 - 12/09/05 02:44 AM Re: Two CB antennas for 1 radio CB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mounting the Antennas in the rear would give you a better Transmit signal in the front, not receive. Ive had CB's for over 30 years. I wouldnt install Two. I would just go with a single magnet mount in the center of the roof. Mounting any sort of antenna below the roof line would give you a very hight SWR ratio. Cb's are low power transmitters. Antenna placement is critical. I have a Wilson "Lil Wil" on my 04 mounted on the roof at the rear. And by the way. The Xterra's are notorious for the electrical interference from the fuel pump. Good luck trying to get of it. I have my CB connected directly to the battery and I also have RF chokes installed on the fuel pump wires. It helps a little.

#306667 - 14/09/05 06:09 AM Re: Two CB antennas for 1 radio CB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, thanks for your help guys!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal