shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#308165 - 27/06/05 08:10 AM my bumps dont work
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have tow tens in the x. recently one of them went out. i switched the cables up on the amp and the other one started working but the one that was working stopped. so i then decided to pull the deck out. i tried to swap the cables on the deck and that also changed the sub that was working. i checked to make sure both parts of the av cable would send a signal and they do. so at this point my left output on my deck is broken. what do i do. if i get a new deck i would like it to be another kenwood so i dont have to deal with wireing. what do you guys reccomend i do and if i were to get a new deck what would be a good one for bumpy roads (it likes to skip when i hit bumps, especially in the snow. the deck is a kenwood kdc 122.

-Jeff

#308166 - 27/06/05 11:06 AM Re: my bumps dont work
Anonymous
Unregistered

kdc-122 is pretty low-end of the line for Kenwood. (No offense there) Anything in the middle section of a line should have decent laser pickup on it.

Stay away from Aiwa, Panasonic and Sony and stick with Kenwood, Eclipse or Alpine.

If you dont have the money, then why not just get a splitter off the back of the radio for the RCA's? There's no reason to have left and right fader on a pair of subs anyways.

Oh, and I bet you if you open the radio, the contact going to one of the RCA' plugs is broken, which can be caused from pushing in or pulling out the RCA's with too much force. You can always try soldering back if you can find the break...

#308167 - 30/06/05 10:25 PM Re: my bumps dont work
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah its time for an excelon thanks for the advice.

Jeff

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal