shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#308811 - 29/12/01 04:47 PM horn???
MarcOst Offline

I bought a replacement horn to make my horn louder, but I am not good with this car stuff, so can someone please tell me how to get the cover of the sterring wheel off so i can access the horn and put the new one in??

#308812 - 29/12/01 06:25 PM Re: horn???
TXSalsaX Offline

Loc: The Good Ol' US of A
Wrong end of the steering wheel....but ya might want to tighten the loose nut behind it. laugh

Seriously, it's under the hood where you want to be working. I'd guess splicing into the existing horn wiring might do the trick but there's bound to be someone out there who will correct me.

#308813 - 29/12/01 07:23 PM Re: horn???
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA

#308814 - 29/12/01 09:17 PM Re: horn???
Tymax Offline

Loc: middle tn
You don't really need to take the airbag off,there is just a plug under there. Besides, then you would have to have your air bag light reset. the wire harness for all that stuff is under the combi cover (black steering column cover). Just make sure your new horn grounds good if you put it in the stock location. The black coating on that support sometimes prevents a good ground.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal