2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309539 - 03/10/05 12:23 AM what is a crossover and what does it do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I keep reading about people integrating a crossover into their sound systems and I really have no clue what it does. I've just started upgrading my stereo system and I'm absorbing all the information I can find about car audio. Currently, I have a 900W(MAX) Mono Amp powering 3 JL 10W0 Subs in parallel, and an Alpine 5847 HU. I'm planning to hook up my stock mids to the head unit, anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I've already found out that my subs aren't as great as I had hoped 3 subs to be, so later on, I'm getting ONE good sub in a sealed enclosure to be run off the amp.

#309540 - 03/10/05 12:42 AM Re: what is a crossover and what does it do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

a crossover filters out specific frequency ranges to the right speakers (woofer, midrange, and tweeter).

example in this picture you have the midrange, the 1" tweeter, and the square thing is the crossover.

having a crossover will send your highs to the tweeters, you mids to your mids, and lows to you subs which will eventually help the sound of your bass. seeing that you said you are not getting the bass from your 3 subs.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal