2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#310264 - 05/02/03 06:29 AM Question for Ian about CB antenna
Xterra-Cacher Offline

Loc: Boston MA
I was looking at Xterrain.com and saw the way that you had your CB antenna attached to your roof rack and I had a few questions. What brand of bracket did you use or did you make it yourself and did you have any problems keeping the roof watertight with the gasket being cut to fit the bracket?

I also saw that you have moved the antenna to your bull bar. Was this because the roof was not working well or because you thought that the bull bar was a better location for reception?

I thought that the roof rack was a great location and I was planning on using a FireStix with a quick disconnect antenna. Thoughts or comments? Thanks for you help.

Glenn

#310265 - 05/02/03 06:57 AM Re: Question for Ian about CB antenna
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I didn't have any leakage problems, since the gaskets under the roof rack are not designed to stop water. I just cut a small piece out, andfit the bracket in.

The bracket is from a CB shop here in town, I have no idea who makes it, but they make dozens. Check a truck stop on an Interstate near you, and you will find a large selection of CB goodies.

I moved it to the ARB because it was too noisy on the roof. Any branch that it contacted made it wiggle back and forth, and it echoed throughout the cabin.
I also had an EZ-Over on it, so I could lay it down flat to get in my garage. If I wanted to use it on the highway (for traffic reports, etc.) I would have to stop and stand it up.

#310266 - 05/02/03 07:53 AM Re: Question for Ian about CB antenna
Xterra-Cacher Offline

Loc: Boston MA
Thanks for the help.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal