2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#311604 - 29/01/02 10:00 PM '02 front speaker replacement
psykod Offline

Loc: Texas
Has anyone else besides me noticed that the '02 xterra front speakers are permanently integrated into the door spacer? I had an '02 Frontier that I traded in on the '02 xterra. When I went to put my aftermarket speakers from the Frontier into the Xterra, I discovered that the Spacer can't be removed from the speaker! I guess that this is an attempt to speed up assembly line process. I'm going to have to purchase an '01 door spacer to install my old speakers. On the bright side, the speakers that are installed appear to be of pretty good quality. They appear to be polypropylene with butyl rubber surrounds. The woofers are rated at 2 ohms, i suppose to get the most power from the head unit. That means when i replace them with my aftermarket 4 ohm JL Audio's, that I'm going to lose about 3db in output. I hope that will be enough to get me by until I drag up the energy to install my amp.

#311605 - 30/01/02 12:08 AM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
E.C. Offline

Loc: western NY
Quote:
On the bright side, the speakers that are installed appear to be of pretty good quality. They appear to be polypropylene with butyl rubber surrounds.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking for confirmation on this issue. I heard that the '00 and '01 stock speakers were paper, and that the '02 stock speakers were of a little bit better quality. Glad to hear they are.

Thanks again.

Sorry I can't help you with the spacer issue. I haven't had the inside of the door panel off yet.

Try doing a search of past posts in this section to find out more. Just click on the red "search" at the top of the page. Then follow through from there.

#311606 - 30/01/02 07:25 AM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
Could you post the part number for the spacers when you get them? I might have to replace mine soon.

#311607 - 30/01/02 04:35 PM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
psykod Offline

Loc: Texas
Ruttiger,
I don't think you'll need to replace the door spacer on your '00 model (I'm just assuming that you're talking about your '00 model here). The spacer in my '01 Frontier worked just fine with my aftermarket speakers. But when I do order my spacers, I'll be glad to post the part numbers for you just in case.

#311608 - 30/01/02 05:22 PM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
I actually do. I replaced my speakers a while a back, but I had gone to a stereo shop to get it done first. They told me 6-1/2's speaker wouldn't fit so they took it upon themselves to put in 5-1/4's. I left, bought 6-1/2's speakers elsewhere and put them in myself. Long story short, my spacers are a bit shredded from unscrewing the crap job and drilling new holes for my current speakers but nothing major. Just wondering how much new ones would be.

#311609 - 31/01/02 04:40 AM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
I have an 2002 and I ordered 6 1/2" speakers, but got 6 3/4" instead. Does the 1/4 of an inch really matter that much, or can I fit it in there?

Also, did you notice that theres an small Rockford amp connected to the stock head?

I was very surprised to find that when I was replacing the stereo yesterday.

.jorge

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#311610 - 31/01/02 04:44 AM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
E.C. Offline

Loc: western NY
Quote:
Also, did you notice that theres an small Rockford amp connected to the stock head?

So that's where it is!

The location of the amp has been a subject of discussion in the past.

Thanks.

#311611 - 31/01/02 06:35 AM Re: '02 front speaker replacement
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
I'm yet to replace the rear 6x9's. Are those also permanently connected to the door spacer?

Also I contacted a local Nissan parts place, the guy is trying to find out what the part number is for the fronts.

..jorge

[EDIT]I heard back from the Nissan guy, he was very annoyed, but he found the part and he claimed it costs $2.84. Which I expected to pay around $15. So I hope its the right part.[/EDIT]

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Vigre ]

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal