shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#311815 - 23/07/03 09:40 PM Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have 2000 SE and I just purchased a new remote from xterraparts.com. I am following the instructions from the their website but nothing happens when I insert the key into and remove it from the ignition more than six times within 10 seconds. The hazards warning lamps are supposed to flash twice to indicate registration mode.

Any ideas what I maybe doing wrong? Does 2000 Nissan Service Manual also have the same instruction as on xterraparts.com website? Has anybody done it sucessfully? Thanks!

#311816 - 24/07/03 06:06 AM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The instructions on the xterraparts.com site aren't quite right. In step one, lock your doors with the door switch after closeing them. That'll do it.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#311817 - 24/07/03 06:53 AM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, I will try locking the doors in 1st step. The instructions at xterrparts.com says that I have to re-program my old working remote also. Can you confirm that? Total, I have two remotes. Thanks for your help.

#311818 - 24/07/03 08:41 AM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
I went through this, too. You have to lock those doors first. After that, you can program up to 4 remotes. If you program a 5th one, the first one done will "drop off" and not work anymore for that vehicle.

Keep that in mind if you bought your "X" used. There could be remotes floating around out there that are programmed for yours, unless you have 4 in your possession that all work on your "X". Hmmmmmm.

Depending on who you got it from, I suppose that could be a security concern. Hey Electroken, is there any way to reset the remote programmer thingie, or something like that, to ensure that only the remote(s) that one has in their possession will open the door locks? Just curious...

#311819 - 24/07/03 12:12 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
OffroadX Offline

There are no remotes "programmed" for anyones Xterra, there are Xterras programmed to pay attention to certain remotes. I don't know how many different "patterns" there are for the remotes, probably a few dozen, but obviously not all remotes are unique and you could take your remote to a dealer lot and most likely find another X (or other Nissan for that matter) that will respond to it. There are a lot of people out there with remotes that transmit the exact same "pattern" that yours does too, so you can't really make your X listen only to "your" remote since it is not unique.

You do not have to re-program your X to pay attention to your other remote, it keeps track of up to 4. Hell, it might even be possible that both of your remotes transmit the same "pattern" and it won't matter regardless.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#311820 - 24/07/03 01:39 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the great feed back. And yes mine is used X and I did not get the 2nd remote. Once I get home tonight I will try out the procedure with door locked.

#311821 - 24/07/03 02:31 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
blackX_dup1 Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, KS
Here is a question I am wondering. Can you use the 2003-2003 remote for a 2000 Xterra?
Highboyz4X4.com

#311822 - 24/07/03 08:53 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Robert C. Offline

Loc: Alabama
Is it possible to program an X for an Altima remote and vice versa?

#311823 - 24/07/03 09:18 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Thanks for clearing that up Brent.

Here's what I found out when trying to find my replacement:

For a 2000 XTerra, this is the only remote that will work:

It looks like this: EBay auction for a 2000 XTerra remote

...and has this FCC ID # on the back: KOBUTA3T

There are other remotes that resemble this one, but take my word for it, if you have a 2000 "X", only get a remote that has this "pattern" on the buttons. If you get one that shows a car with the trunk-lid raised on the lower right button, rather than the "beeping" horn symbol, it's likely to not work with your "X"...

Don't ask me how I know that... :rolleyes:

#311824 - 25/07/03 01:24 AM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Shockinxterra Offline

Loc: PhaRR, Tx
So your tellin me that all i have to do is walk around my dealership and hope that my remote unlocks a s/c xterra, unlock it, pop the hood and jack the supercharger???

#311825 - 25/07/03 08:03 AM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
OffroadX Offline

The 02+ remote is not compatible with the 00/01 system. I've tried to program my X for one and it did not respond.

Brent

#311826 - 25/07/03 08:49 AM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
blackX_dup1 Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, KS
thanks for the good info on this topic.
Highboyz4X4.com

#311827 - 25/07/03 03:12 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys, I tried locking the doors and inserting the key in the ignition more than six times in 10 secs and hazards lamp did not flash to indicate registration mode. So, I was not able to program my new 2000 remote.

Please help, what I am doing wrong? This is what I have done so far:

1. close all doors
2. lock all doors using the master switch on driver side.
3. Straight insert the key into ignition and pull straight-out more than six times in 10 secs, I was hoping to see in control panel the flashing of hazard lamps twice to indicate registration mode for the remote. But it shows nothing.

Thanks....

#311828 - 03/08/03 03:40 PM Re: Nissan Keyless Remote Programming
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all, I was finally able to program the remote today. I guess I was doing it too slow. I used a stopwatch on my casio to time the insertion sequence and it worked. Thanks again all the frustration of whether the new remote is good or bad is now gone. Now, my next project is to replace the 6x9 speakers in the rear.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal