shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#312012 - 06/01/06 10:04 AM '01 Fog Lamp Replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

both of the fog lamps in my '01 X just crapped out on me. I was looking for a good replacement bulb that will throw more light.
I noticed there was a PIAA Super White Fog Lamp H3 55w halogen bulb on xterraparts.com and the Glass Fog Lamp Lens to go with them - is this a good solution?
The Glass Lens' are kind of pricey - is there a generic type that I could use?
Thanks.

#312013 - 06/01/06 01:03 PM Re: '01 Fog Lamp Replacement
SquidlyX Offline

Loc: Chula Vista,CA
First of all, did you check the bulbs to see if they were blown or check the fuse for the fog lamps under the hood to see if it was blown also? Replaced one of mine a couple of weeks ago that had burned out and after about 20 minutes both went out, checked the fuse and it was blown. Repeated process twice before figured out that the jumper wire I had added from a cheap Pilot H3 bulb was causing a ground and blowing the fuse. BTW, I use H3 Siverstars with the original plastic lenses and as long as you use a 55w bulb, other than a PIAA I guess, you won't need the glass lenses. With the Silverstars you have to cut the spade conn off and add a crimp-on butt conn.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar" Mark Twain.

#312014 - 07/01/06 07:30 AM Re: '01 Fog Lamp Replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea i definitely want to check/replace the fuse to make sure that isn't the problem. Anyone know which fuse controls the fog lamps - I dont have a manual and didnt want to spend all day locating it

#312015 - 07/01/06 09:01 AM Re: '01 Fog Lamp Replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am seeing a few recommendations to upgrade to the PIAA 1500's. Since I currently have just the factory OEM fogs in, how much work would be involved swapping OEM'with the PIAA 1500's
Im not the most electical savvy person but can handle the basics.
Thanks!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal