2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#312765 - 30/10/04 10:16 AM Replacing factory stereo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,
I just purchased a 2003 Xterra XE 4x4 and want to replace the stereo. I have done this plenty of times with other cars, but am unsure where to start with this one. How easy is it to remove the factory radio and what kit do you need for the dash for it to fit. I found the wire harness at Walmart, but no dash kit. Any help please?

#312766 - 30/10/04 10:23 AM Re: Replacing factory stereo
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think its pretty easy to take out, it took me 1 hour to get everything put together without instructions, just figuring it out as i went. the second time i did it for a friend, it took about 30 min.

There are dash kits, and you can either go that route, such as crutchfield's xterra kit. or you can try to put one together yourself, which is what i did. i just bought a double din pocket and worked it together with the deck. it took some more time to find parts, but i was trying to nickle and dime it.

yes there are dash kits... and it isnt that bad. www.crutchfield.com is very helpful.

#312767 - 30/10/04 10:40 AM Re: Replacing factory stereo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see a kit though that fit many other Nissan models so maybe I'll try to make that work. I just can't wait to get rid of that factory radio. Thanks!

#312768 - 30/10/04 11:19 AM Re: Replacing factory stereo
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrainnh:
...I just can't wait to get rid of that factory radio...
Yup, that's the first Mod I did when I got my X...I replaced the ho-hum Factory Unit for a Pioneer AM/FM CD Unit and also replaced all of the ho-hum Factory Speakers for some Infinity's....best thing I ever did...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#312769 - 03/11/04 07:30 AM Re: Replacing factory stereo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes it was very easy...thanx for the help. Took me about 45 minutes total......now I just have to decide on Sirius or XM?????

#312770 - 03/11/04 09:08 AM Re: Replacing factory stereo
Anonymous
Unregistered

sirius if u want howard stern & NFL games

XM if you want whatever games they broadcast and save $3 i think a month

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal