shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#315794 - 27/08/03 01:28 PM A topic for discussion...
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
What do you folks think of the dismantling of the MWXC for smaller sub-regional groups, like the Chicago/Milwaukee group or the Wisconsin group, etc. I am just thinking that the Midwest covers ALOT of geography, and I doubt we are going to be getting people coming to Hayward, WI from Ohio for a weekend run, It's just too far. Now don't get me wrong I like the idea of MWXC, but I'm just not seeing much being done as a whole group?!? I also think this would allow people to feel like they could start up their own smaller groups and not feel like they "should" be part of the MWXC. If anyone else has been thinking this I'd like to open the floor for discussion. Which includes if you think I am full of crap... But I would like to keep this on a constructive level!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#315795 - 27/08/03 02:33 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Bowski Offline

Loc: Great Lakes, IL
I agree. Thats been something I've been thinking about for awhile. We definately need a Chicago based xterra club. Especially due to the lack of places to wheel around here. You have to drive 2 hours min to find a place to wheel. We should see how many Xer's show up on the 13th Of Sep. Hopefully more than just a couple.

#315796 - 27/08/03 03:39 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
I personally like the way the Midwest Club Thread is set-up. Your able to see what runs are going near and far. If you are up to, join up with a run.

If midwest members want to start clubs like MadXOC, hey go for it! laugh I believe it would be a good and healthy thing for all Midwest members. I do not agree with spliting up the thread though.

Also I would like to see everyone in the midwest meet as group. We could have a Midwest GOX! Now that is a thought. wink
Dan

#315797 - 27/08/03 05:21 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Hmmm maybe we could set up "chapter" each state or few states start their own chapter of MWXC so then they can go every weekend and then the chapters can get together every few months weeks or what not and take some big runs together, every month a chapter hosts a run.

#315798 - 27/08/03 05:55 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Mapman Offline

I think that's a great idea about keeping the thread, but having chapters, kind of like a fraternity.

I think we need to get ourselves a new website as well, or at least update the old one, my html skills are all but nill though, so if anyone can help out with that, raise your hand! Speaking of which I am going to see if I can get a hold of Peter our MIA moderator who set the original one up...

#315799 - 28/08/03 04:29 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
SplashMan Offline

Loc: IL
The Chicago area guys can always check out www.chicago4x4.net for runs... maybe someone should contact taxxman2k over on his board(www.onandoffroad.com), I'm sure he would set up a section for you guys and I'm pretty sure he has lots of webspace to play with... just a suggestion.

#315800 - 28/08/03 07:00 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
gator I would have to agree with your concept.

Keep the MW region alive and form smaller groups within. Just my .02 wink

#315801 - 28/08/03 08:31 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Ok I will throw my 2 cents in. This what I would do, and if my eyes are brown tell me. eek Forget the webpage or new threads for the sub-regional clubs for now. You need to focus more on getting members. You need members for a club right? The webpage and threads will fall into place. Madcity XOC just has been very lucky to have Chris and start a webpage. He started the club just will him.

EAP / Bowski can form the Chicago/Illinois Club Chapter. Bowski has a meet and greet coming up.

Xterra Kid can form the Michigan Club Chapter

#315802 - 28/08/03 10:18 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
Bowski..in regards to the meet and greet since a thread hasnt started up in here. I'm in for the 13th. Should be a good time. Lets up the weather holds up!!

#315803 - 28/08/03 11:17 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
I also like the idea of keeping MWXC around and having smaller clubs or chapters. It is way too far for many of us to CROSS the midwest to attend large functions, but it's feasible for everyone to get together once in a while in their own neighborhoods. That being said, it's also nice to know what's going on in a region should someone be on a trip, get a wild hair to see what other groups (chapters) are up to, or to possibly coordinate one large gathering per year in a central location with smaller ones throughout the year. Even if few people could attend a larger meet, representatives could be present. It maybe stupid and far-fetched now, but it could work to our advantage with building, keeping open, or removing offroad parks, roads, or other issues important to us.

Anyway, just my hair-brained $0.02 worth. I am glad we are deciding if it is important to keep connections throughout the Midwest though. If it doesn't make sense, we maybe better off breaking into smaller groups to save on confusion and allow those groups to form.

Matt

#315804 - 28/08/03 01:05 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Xterra Kid can form the Michigan Club Chapter[/QB][/QUOTE]

Heyyyy now i would like to but it was just a suggestion i dont think i have enough time to take on the responsibility, let alone i have very little 4X4 experiance so i dont think im quite ready to take charge like this. I would like to see a michigan xterra club but i just duno about heading one myself. Between school, golf practice everyday after school, homework, then hockey and hockey practice everyday after school in the winter i duno if i have time to run a 4X4 club.

#315805 - 28/08/03 03:01 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those damn glaciers left such a big mess!! I mean if there weren't these big ponds separating everything around here we'd be able to get together as easily as the heartland club used to.
wink

#315806 - 01/09/03 07:25 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Yeah but those glacies made us a really cool area, we have water out the ass so we dont have to worry about water supplies, we have quick access to canada, in michigan at least, we can play in a bigger pond than most other states, all in all i think its a good thing. cool

#315807 - 02/09/03 08:34 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Oh come on Xterra Kid. You have plenty of time to start a club!! [Spit]
Dan

#315808 - 04/09/03 08:51 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
I agree the midwest board is great to see whats going on and cross reference. I thought of doing a seperate MADCityXOC Board but I am just not ambitious enough. Maintaning the website is almost a full time job. Being out of commision this summer has not helped for me to promot the club either. But we are taking off. We have more oppertunity than Ilinoies that was why I started one. At the time I did I was the only one actively wheeling in wisconsin. And the 6 hour drive to Attica, IN. SUCKS! Attica was fun though.

Gator, Cindy tells me you guys are getting together next weekend. I will be recooping BUT I can show up.

For Chipemagua, blah bla, forest run I have more votes for October 11th than October 25th. Wow this is taking a long time to write. Gonna go back to bed. [Too much XOC]

#315809 - 05/09/03 08:47 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Max,
Hope everything went well with surgery. [Wave] Yes, Steven and I are thinking about going to BRF next weekend. Would you like to join us? I have not been pursuing it due to ripping apart and rebuilding a $50 pop up camper [Uh Oh !] Any ideas on campsites for BRF on short notice? There is 2 KOAs near there, but is that the ones with painted rocks!! [Huh?] [Spit]
Dan

#315810 - 08/09/03 12:09 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Scott W Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Greetings MWXOC'ers. Thought the MWXOC was dead or rebuilding [Sleep] Followed the link from the main page, but never checked out the forums. Anyway, I'm interested in offroading and get-together opportunities in Wisconsin. [Spit] It would be great to meet with other X owners. Count me in...

#315811 - 08/09/03 08:26 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott W:
Greetings MWXOC'ers. Thought the MWXOC was dead or rebuilding [Sleep] Followed the link from the main page, but never checked out the forums. Anyway, I'm interested in offroading and get-together opportunities in Wisconsin. [Spit] It would be great to meet with other X owners. Count me in...
Hey Scott,
I and the family are planning on going to Black River Falls for some camping and wheeling. Would you like to join us? Chris, I and another new club member may go. Btw there is a link for MadCity XOC
Dan

#315812 - 08/09/03 03:03 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by INXS:
I am up for the Chapter Idea. I think it would be cool to maintain the Midwest as a regional thing too, and the thought of a Midwest GOX is an idea that must be made into a reality.

I am stranded up here in NE Wisconsin with nothing but Packers, cheese and desolate forest to sustain me. (and Beer of course).

Anyone else in this neck of the woods? Door County and Peninsula State Park would be a cool place to meet, bike, boat, and imbibe....
TalathDirnen aka Brandon set up a run for us just south of Goodman, Wi. Of course you would have the drive around Green Bay or else.
Dan

#315813 - 09/09/03 08:33 AM Re: A topic for discussion...
Excelagator Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by INXS:
When is the Goodman run scheduled? I just applied for the MadXOC club, membership pending...
INXS,
Excuse me, the Goodman Run was in July. Here is some pics of the trip Goodman . MadCity XOC is planning on going to Hayward Oct 11th for another outing.
Dan

#315814 - 09/09/03 04:27 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Bad news. See Black River State Forest . I will call tomorrow to find out what's up. NOTE***
Quote:
As of Monday, September 8, the all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trails will close until a significant amount of rainfall is received. No backpack permits will be issued.
This probably includes our trails.

#315815 - 09/09/03 08:19 PM Re: A topic for discussion...
Mapman Offline

Guys as Moderator I feel the need to say we have drifted off subject, start a new thread! laugh

Thanks, Erik

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal