shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316065 - 31/08/03 02:32 PM stereo malfunctions...!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2002 Xterra that has a major recurring electrical problem w/ the stereo. I have had to bring it in to the dealership over 6 times this year so far (it is currently in the service department as we speak).

My question is, this is obviously a major headache for me and the service department. I am only 7 days short of having had my truck "out of service" for 28 days this year and am wondering what I should do from this point forward?

I would either like to: a) get another truck (same make/model) w/ functional stereo or b) get the problem fixed and never have to return it in again for this exact same problem.

I bought the truck from this dealership, so should they be willing to work w/ me to finally resolve this problem? I don't want them to replace the amplifier (AGAIN) and me return it for the 7th time for the same problem.

I would love any input on what I should/could do?

Jerry

#316066 - 01/09/03 06:28 PM Re: stereo malfunctions...!!!
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
whats the problem?

#316067 - 02/09/03 11:41 AM Re: stereo malfunctions...!!!
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
Is it a factory installed stereo under factory warranty? Do you have any other electrical problems? My advice is to just stay calm, investigate everything you can about your truck and your state lemon law, and pray for this to go away. If it doesn't, at least you will be prepared for the enormous fight you will have with Nissan trying to get a new truck (provided it's a factory warrantied part). Good luck. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Matt

#316068 - 01/12/03 09:17 AM Re: stereo malfunctions...!!!
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I know I am dredging up an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever got any resolution on your problem? I was also wondering if you ever found a dealership that was helpful?

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#316069 - 01/12/03 01:09 PM Re: stereo malfunctions...!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have noticed that there are a TON of Nissan factory stereos on ebay if anyone needs one. They are mostly fairly inexpensive too!!

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal