2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316789 - 25/02/03 01:51 PM X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
shadixpn Offline

Loc: Aurora, IL
Hi everyone. It's been a loooong time since I've checked up on this site (even though I'm still a moderator).

Sadly to say, but my 00 Silver Ice X is no longer among us. I was rear-ended on Rt. 59 in Bartlett which flipped it completely. It ended up resting on the passenger side. I unbuckled my seatbelt, hopped out through the driver side window, and went to the hospital where they put 4 bandaids on 4 small cuts on my hand!!! You wonder why I'm looking to get another X!!!!?!? If anybody is interested I got pixs of the aftermath (but I prefer to show off pixs at the Original GOX, Moab, or Silver Lake).

Anyway, I'm looking for the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, dealer stories from Chicagoland dealers. If you've even got a great salesman you worked with, I'd love to hear it. I've got 15 days to purchase with the insurance money, so I've got my work cut out for me.

Thanks ahead of time,

Peter
shadixpn@yahoo.com

#316790 - 25/02/03 02:13 PM Re: X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I had good luck at Kelly Nissan in Oak Lawn. Didn't care for Mid City when the sales manager called me up and cursed at me after I bought my truck at Kelly for $2000 less than his best price.

I've also had good service at Star Nissan in Niles.

#316791 - 26/02/03 09:38 PM Re: X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
J.P. Offline

My condolences on the passing of your classic Xterra. Good to hear you are OK.

I've had good luck at Arlington Nissan. It seems to be a hit or miss for other XOCers here.

http://www.arlingtonnissan.com

847-590-6100

Talk to a Dino Actipis. He was the saleman who dealt with me when I bought my Xterra. He's now a sales manager. Very easy gentleman to deal with. No bullshit.

My mom's 12 year old Nissan Stanza finally died a couple of weeks ago. I bought her a new Sentra. I worked again with Dino and also with a salesman named Alex Chernis. Alex is Ukranian. He's pretty stoic at first, but once he warms up to you he becomes easier to deal with. He gave me the usual salesman run-around, but once he sees you aren't up for any BS he backs off.

The service manager (I forget his name) and the assistant service manager (Robert Kaese) are easy to deal with. Mike at the parts counter is an especially great guy to deal with.

Like I said earlier, Arlington Nissan seems to get reviews from both ends of the spectrum.

Tip: Avoid Mid-City Nissan like the plague. I also didn't have a good experience at Schaumburg Nissan.

Question: What hit you? Can you post any pics of the aftermath?

#316792 - 28/02/03 03:46 PM Re: X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
shadixpn Offline

Loc: Aurora, IL
I was pretty set on what I wanted (XE w/ power, sport) and in Molten Lava, so i got a list of every M-L color car in Chicagoland. After stopping in Woodfield (how much xtra crap can they put on a car?!?), I ended up going to JK Nissan in Downers Grove. Great Salesman (Bartoshz sp?) and Sales Manager. Got me the same price as Carsdirect.com. After debating XE Atomic Orange versus SE Molten Lava, I ended with the SE! (I can't live without the Long Trail tires for true offroading).

Thanks for the help. Now that I've got a truck under warranty again, I'll be up for abusing it more again going off-roading! Hopefully I hit this site more again as well!

I'll try and get wreck photos sometime next week for those curious. They really are credit to Nissan Design Engineers, what the truck looks like versus my 4 tiny scratches!

PS

#316793 - 09/03/03 04:27 PM Re: X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
Xterraboi4u84 Offline

Loc: Carol stream, IL
I bought mine at Glendale Nissan in Glendale Heights, the sales guy was ok, named Richard Janis. , he was just a talker. As for service I only go to one guy and his name is Andy...this guy goes above and beyond his service to please me and many other customers. Service work i'll say is ok, most of the time only one mechanic works on my X named Andrew, hes a master tech...good guy...but kinda dumb also...long story...overall the dealer is ok, they can do better.

As for you Peter, i am sorry to hear about your accident. I had a similar accident in michigan. My friends Pathfinder got side swiped by a Gordon Food truck, we did a 180 and flipped serveral times...suv was totaled...suv landed on its driver side, i was knocked out for a sec...we both walked away alive...i had a broken hand, and my friend had cuts and bruises. thanks to seatbelts which a saved our lives.

Phil

#316794 - 12/03/03 06:08 PM Re: X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
CMorHiker Offline

Loc: Lake Zurich, Illinois
Glad to hear you are OK, Peter.

This is info is 2.5 years old (which was when I bought mine.)

The (almost) best deals were at McGrath in Elgin and Woodfield in HE. Good service at Woodfield the last 2 years.

(I bought mine from Al Piemonte in Northlake because he is friends with a relative of mine.)

#316795 - 11/04/03 07:57 PM Re: X Rolled...Looking for new Chicagoland Dealer
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Hey Peter,

I'm glad you came out of the accident realitvely unscratched! I haven't had the best of luck from Arlington Nissans service department, but I only had limited exposure from the dealer side. I purchased mine from Gerald in Naperville, I had a pretty good experience with them. Although I got kind of screwed in the finance department! The dealership up in Libertyville, well let's just say I knew more about the xterra than the dealer did, but that was almost 3 years ago. Good luck with your hunt!

EAP

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal