shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317045 - 10/03/04 04:55 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Loc: chicago
I would like to do a meeting to see what everyone wants before we start outings. This should be a time of writing ideas down, taking votes on how to structure the group etc. Maybe two hours that's it.

Lets keep it simple at first. [Wave]

#317046 - 10/03/04 05:54 PM Re: chicago meeting??
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
I agree, simple first. Organized events second. That way everyone can meet everyone else and then decide from there wether they want to follow through with an organized effort that a club requires.

#317047 - 11/03/04 01:30 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about the Hooters at Woodfield on Thursday, April 22nd? Parking shouldn't be a problem on a Thursday night, and they have their own parking anyways. Could make for a cool picture opportunity....All the Hooters Girls out front with our X's lined up under the Hooters sign?!?!? [Smoking]

#317048 - 11/03/04 06:28 AM Re: chicago meeting??
bpdA Offline

Now that would be worth the drive out there! laugh

#317049 - 11/03/04 02:15 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

I have never been to that hooters. do they have enough room for a group and or side room. we should call them a head of time to see if they can accomadate us. Sounds like a good date as well. April 22nd works for me.

#317050 - 11/03/04 03:19 PM Re: chicago meeting??
bpdA Offline

I've been, didn't do too much lookin' around at the space but it seemed pretty decent inside

#317051 - 11/03/04 04:27 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
There's no private space... It's pretty much just wide open with only a few large tables. I'm not sure if Hooters takes any kind of reservations?

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#317052 - 11/03/04 05:04 PM Re: chicago meeting??
broncox Offline

Okay that's it I've had enough we are meeting at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday! BYOB laugh

#317053 - 12/03/04 07:28 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think if we call them in advance and tell them we are having a "charter meeting" for a new club, they would be more than happy to work something out if we had a bunch of people coming. Hell, we may even be able to get them to maybe sponsor us or something if we can hold our meetings there all the time?!?

#317054 - 12/03/04 03:28 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would be awesome! [Smoking]

#317055 - 18/03/04 12:39 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

So whats the word on this? How many? Where? When? Anyone have a clue yet?

#317056 - 18/03/04 07:23 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all, been a long time since I have been on the board and I saw the post. I will keep checking back but count me in for a definite maybe. Weekend nights are better for me but since I do the schedule at work I can change it to fit in. Thursdays are the only night I can't.

#317057 - 19/03/04 11:58 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
I gave up trying... I haven't had time to really think about it as I am leaving for Hawaii tomorrow and to be honest haven't been thinking Xterra anything too much lately! I will be bringing my XOC shirt to wear in Hawaii though! laugh

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#317058 - 21/03/04 09:11 AM Re: chicago meeting??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
I think if we call them in advance and tell them we are having a "charter meeting" for a new club, they would be more than happy to work something out if we had a bunch of people coming. Hell, we may even be able to get them to maybe sponsor us or something if we can hold our meetings there all the time?!?
Hey guys,

I'm also in a club, Chicago4x4, and we had a meet-n-greet @ the Hooters in Downers Grove a few months back. We are also in the process of becoming a club. (It's very interesting being a non-vehicle specific club! Lots of varying views of what offroading is.......Let's just say, some of the guys really don't practice the whole Tread Lightly motto or, for that matter try to. And we don't NEED those type of people representing our club.) sorry back to topic @ hand.

They didn't require a deposit or any $$$ for the reservation. We told them we would have 20-40 people show, and they even let us hook up a PS2 to view some offroading DVD's, (ie; Slow & the Stupid) The only catch was, that we needed to put everything on 1 check. But, that was easily handled by having everyone bring cash.

Hope this helps.
laugh

#317059 - 21/03/04 03:57 PM Re: chicago meeting??
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I would give you guys your own forum area on the new Midwest Xterra Owners site when I get it on the new server.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal