2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317315 - 31/01/05 08:12 AM since my x is gone......
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
after having to part with my 01 Xterra, i have been tossing up the idea of an 05 or a true 4X....don't get me wrong, the X was and still is a very capable vehicle. However I think I am going to purchase a landcruiser (1980 FJ40) I found in the area. Front/rear ARB air lockers, warn winch, 6 inch skyjacker lift, full roll cage, 35 inch swampers, aluminum tub and a deal i do not think i can pass up.

I look forward to meeting you guys back out on the trails [Wave]

#317316 - 31/01/05 09:21 AM Re: since my x is gone......
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like it's pretty much got all the mods you'd need for some heavy duty wheelin'. How many miles are on it, being 25 years old?

#317317 - 31/01/05 09:27 AM Re: since my x is gone......
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Sounds like the owner did alot of work if it has a alum. tub! [ThumbsUp]

Dan

#317318 - 31/01/05 09:37 AM Re: since my x is gone......
Close1 Offline

a hare under 90K on the motor/chasis. That doesn't phase me at all. The motor had great compression and passed a cylinder leak down test.

Yeah Dan it looks like the tub has been on for sometime already, but is still in pretty good shape. The only thing it looks like it needs immediately would be a carb rebuild(weber 38 MM) and a new exhaust(already equipped with a header)

Wish this pending sale some luck =)

#317319 - 31/01/05 06:50 PM Re: since my x is gone......
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Quote:
Originally posted by Close1:
a hare under 90K on the motor/chasis. That doesn't phase me at all. The motor had great compression and passed a cylinder leak down test.

Yeah Dan it looks like the tub has been on for sometime already, but is still in pretty good shape. The only thing it looks like it needs immediately would be a carb rebuild(weber 38 MM) and a new exhaust(already equipped with a header)

Wish this pending sale some luck =)
If i'm right it has the old 4.0 liter inline 6. They aren't the fastest thing, but who really cares. They are pretty torguey motors though. Does it have the intake and exhaust manifolds on the same side of the motor? If it does this is where they tend to leak(intake manifold). The leak can act like a bad carb too.

Dan

#317320 - 02/02/05 09:22 AM Re: since my x is gone......
tcdesign Offline

Loc: Hudson, WI
Close,
If you don't already know about these sites, you should check them out. ih8mud.com has about everything you'd ever need to know - its just as addictive as XOC. Also, I don't know where you're located, but if you're close enough, you should come to one of our meetings - MN Toyx4s - we're working on creating a new site right now, but the forum is always there.

That 40 sounds awesome. Hope you get it. I'm building up a \'72 myself (actually only the engine and some body parts are 72 now, the frame is a '78, tub is fiberglass, etc.) Some galleries if you're interested. > click

-Tim

#317321 - 02/02/05 12:37 PM Re: since my x is gone......
Close1 Offline

thanks tim, i have actually been spending a fair amount of time @ ih8mud. very much like this site, right down to the flamers [LOL]

i kind of wish the tub was fiberglass as the tub that is on this fj will not allow a hard top. but i am not really all that concerned as the hard top would have probably been off more than it was on.

And thanks for the invite [Wave] i am sure i will be around

chit, after looking at your pics, it looks like you are making some huge progress on yours already. congrats

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal