2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317744 - 01/07/05 10:34 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOOT looks like I will be in town for the FT run, Appears we wont be leaving until sometime around the second week of August. [ThumbsUp]

#317745 - 03/07/05 11:13 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all!

I am the newest noob, and will try to make this trip....I am scheduled on shift the 7th, but will see if I can get coverage.

#317746 - 03/07/05 11:22 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Glad to see you can go Grn-X and welcome 2Xplore. laugh

#317747 - 12/07/05 01:38 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to go to this... What kind of gear is needed besides tent, bag, and average camp gear confused

#317748 - 12/07/05 05:00 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by aetherX:
I'd like to go to this... What kind of gear is needed besides tent, bag, and average camp gear confused
That's pretty much it. Maybe food for the first night (if you go up on friday) and plenty of water (it gets really hot and the trail is slow-going, and sometimes riders run out).

#317749 - 12/07/05 05:16 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Friday nite- Dinner/drinks

Sat AM- you could make something, or woof free donuts laugh

Sat midday- you'll want your own stock of liquids, and snacks too. Or even lunch.

Sat nite- The Marines and Fat Tire throw a kickass fajita dinner, gratis. Prizes and awards are given away and much merriment is had.

Sunday AM- Once again, the US Marines come through [ThumbsUp] . This time with a huge breakfast, WOOT.

Sleep in the X, or in tent? Flashlight, bugspray, frs radio (or cb), possibility of wicked thunderstorms too that time of year. So maybe tarps and/or raingear. smile

#317750 - 12/07/05 05:18 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
defibvt Offline

I am so there. laugh

#317751 - 12/07/05 05:22 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh [ThumbsUp]

#317752 - 13/07/05 01:06 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, gettin pretty pumped!

#317753 - 13/07/05 03:51 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Might try to make this one myself.

#317754 - 13/07/05 04:42 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still gotta get the damn hardware to get my tow hook installed. I'm hoping to be there with Wife & Child.

#317755 - 26/07/05 06:28 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
defibvt Offline

bump

#317756 - 26/07/05 08:14 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who was it who needed the insurance info. I lost the sheet but would be glad to email the required info to whomever that dude was.

Gonna inflate our air bed in the back of the X and give that a try on the first night. 2nd night we'll probably sleep in the tent. Gonna get the hardware to install the tow hook tonight. Then pick up a tow strap too before we go. Had my emissions done yesterday, I was showing the bad knock sensor code, which might expain the weird noise I'm getting on acceleration. Gonna take her into Brown & Brown and get that replaced next week. I hate Brown & Brown, but nowhere offers a loaner and that place is walking distance from my house, so Brown & Brown it must be frown

#317757 - 26/07/05 08:18 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
defibvt Offline

Rinky it was Marshall Stone. You can find him on the Nissan 4 Wheelers site. He doesn't post here. Ask him for info and how to get the insurance info to the right people.

#317758 - 26/07/05 08:26 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

you are to take the insurance papers with you to the event and then give it to Michelle (you will see that everyone refers to her as M1) she is one of the "dirty girls" in charge of the event, an extremely cool chick. Otherwise I will share my experiences with sleeping in a tent vs. the X. Last year on Friday the first night it stormed. You are way up in altitude when in Flag so it seems the thunder is right on top of you, along with thunder it rained like a SOB which brought the already chilly temps into the down right cold area for the summers, I had an air mattress in my X and only some sweat pants and a sweatshirt, no blankets or otherwise. I absolutely froze. The airmattress got cold because of the cold air under the vehicle, people in their tents seemed to be in better shape given their tent didn't leak. So my suggestion, if you are gonna sleep in the x make sure you have blankets or sleepingbags and some thermals. Otherwise in a tent make sure it is water proof. The second night it wasn't stormy and the weather was great. Still some blankets would have made the night a bit warmer. [Too much XOC]

#317759 - 26/07/05 08:57 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only problem with sleeping in the X is that it's gonna be myself, wife and 2 year old. We'll have our sleeping bags etc. So warmth shouldn;t be a problem. Don't fancy taking down our big ass tent at 5am in the morning on the Saturday, that's what is swaying that decision! lol. 2nd night we can take our time packing the tent up on the Sunday before heading home.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain, otherwise my 2WD might be a little inadequate in the mud.

#317760 - 26/07/05 09:11 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Rinky,

I asked Marshall about a month back if he needed the Insurance forms ahead of time or not and he told me that it would be fine to fill them out when we meet up at the event. From waht I understand, it is not a big deal.

Don't worry that you are 2WD either, you'll be able to stay out of the mud if you stay on the right roads.

#317761 - 26/07/05 09:11 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:

I'm hoping it doesn't rain, otherwise my 2WD might be a little inadequate in the mud.
I ran the whole thing last year in 2wd except for 1 part, just after you cross the highway after the first "SAG" stop there is a MUD LAKE that formed, there was a bypass down the highway a little and back down a dirt road and it connected back to the trail, otherwise put her in low gear and keep that momentum on your side.

#317762 - 26/07/05 10:34 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

We're there for sure mud or no mud. The wife and myself are both looking forward to it. Should be a good run.

#317763 - 26/07/05 03:35 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure of my status yet, that weekend is our aniversary,so it's kind of up to the wifey if she wants to spend it out in the woods or not.

#317764 - 26/07/05 03:37 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

We'll turn a blind eye if yuo guys sneak off into the woods!! wink

#317765 - 27/07/05 01:27 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bump.

So it looks like we have the following folks coming along, with a few possibles.

Dbax
Conundrum
Yzerman
TremorX - Assuming child doesn't pop
Gbizzle
Grn-X
Jasonazx
jayhawk - Possible / Not committed.
Yellow Gecko
defibvt
2Xplore - Possible / Not committed.
aetherX - Yayyy a fellow 4x2
Desert_Rat - Possible / Not committed.
Myself

This is going to be an awesome AZ gathering if everyone makes it. Couple of 05's thrown in there for good measure. A nice range of X's from 00 to 05.

#317766 - 27/07/05 01:31 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can show my wife and I committed....we are going to be there....
I will be suffering with taking down tent first thing in the am....not sleeping in the X with wife and 2 dogs.

#317767 - 27/07/05 02:08 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh shit. Forgot about our dog! lol. I think the dog might be staying at home on this one as we'll be sleeping in the X the first night. I don't fancy putting down our vast tent in the AM myself. Takes at least 45 mins to an hour.

#317768 - 27/07/05 02:12 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I won't be attending frown my wife and I are closing on our sale home on the 5th and moving that weekend to the new one.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal