2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317769 - 27/07/05 02:55 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck with the house. Thinking of getting rid of mine for something bigger next year, if I can afford it.

#317770 - 27/07/05 03:11 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Add me to that list. [ThumbsUp]

#317771 - 27/07/05 03:11 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Forgot me, the Mrs and the dog. laugh

The 3rd "B" will be with her grandparents, but 3BCRUZN will be there!

#317772 - 27/07/05 03:29 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brian, that's great news smile It'll be great to see y'all again [ThumbsUp] Now if we can just get XterrAZ and Accasabel to show up, it'd be the best X-mas ever!

#317773 - 27/07/05 03:40 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

***********Check it out****************
Here is the latest and greatest..... shows the meeting/camping place the first night, we can participate in the raffles and there are tons of good stuff.

Thanks to everyone for helping out, please fax your insurance information to me at 480 940 8218 if you haven't already faxed it to Michelle. Or just bring a copy to thye run. (this is not mandatory, requested but not mandatory)

Marshall

"""Hey Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Riders!

Are you ready for this year’s ride? This is our final e-mail before the ride. Please read this entire e-mail as it is long, but contains very important details about the ride. We hope it invigorates you to put in a final fund raising push and helps you with some last minute logistics related to the ride.

Last year we exceeded our wildest dreams and raised a record of more than $32,000 for Toys-for-Tots of Northern Arizona, which provided toys for 14,000 kids (more than ever before). This year we want to break another record, AND we need your help. Last years donations from this ride helped provide toys for an ADDITIONAL 4,000 kids and we hope to continue to help Toys for Tots meet this need this year.

So that you can increase your raffle prize chances and help out a great cause, we’re encouraging you to hit up your friends, family and co-workers for donations. Remember all donations are tax deductible. Log on to http://www.flag2gc.com/registrationback.htm to download additional donation forms (page #3 of the registration form). Bring your donations to the ride, as we will set-up to take donations at rider check in and at end-camp.

While you’ve been busy training, we’ve been hunting down sponsors and raffle prizes. There are two levels of raffle tickets based upon your donation amount and your preferred spread between the two prize levels.

Our PLATINUM Level raffle prizes (tickets cost $20):

Helicopter Ride for 2 into Havasupai, Grand Canyon with Santa to do the toy drop
P-51 Mustang (WWII) Fighter Jet Ride
New Belgium Electra Cruiser Bike
Spa Treatments and Personal Training at Lifetime Fitness
$75 Gift Certificate for Shimano Shoes or Pedals courtesy of Bike Barn
2-night stay at JW Marriot - Las Vegas
2-night stay at JW Marriot - Phoenix
Trail Pass and One Day Ski Package Rental at Flagstaff Nordic Center
Overnight stay in a trailside Yurt – Flagstaff Nordic Center
3 month pass plus 3 personal training sessions at Pure Fitness
Free Consultations/programs -- The Fitness Institute
Mexican Party Platter for up to 25 people from El Molino Mexican Café in Scottsdale
Free Registration to Epic Rides Soul Ride
Max VO2 Test - running or cycling from Endurance Rehab (Value: $225.00)
8 week Core Strengthening Class from Endurance Rehab (Value: $400.00)
4 SUV tires from Courtesy Chevrolet (Value $1000)
4 Diamond Back vs Mets tickets August 23rd game, courtesy of Good Impressions Printing (Value: $400)

Some of our GOLD level raffle prizes (tickets cost $5)

Bike Tune ups from Bike Barn and Pinnacle Peak Cyclery
Cool Swag from New Belgium, Titus, Trek and Innovations
Phoenix Rock Gym Passes for two with Gear
Gift Certificates to Los Sombraros, Defalco’s Italian Grocery & Deli, , Nello’s Pizza, Harkins Theater, Grazie Pizzeria, Orange Table, Daves Famous BBQ, Salt Cellar Restaurant, Outback Steak House and Zoe’s Kitchen
Free Oil Changes at Advanced Auto
Continental Mountain Bike Tires
Sports bottle with Elete packets ($20 value)
MBAA memberships ($25 value)
Shimano Travel Coffee Mugs
Swag and more Swag

Ride Preparation Details

Directions to the start:

Directions to the start:

Take Hwy 180 toward the S. Rim of the Grand Canyon
Drive past Snow Bowl ski area
Turn left on Forest Service Road 222 (Look for the yellow Toys for Tots Sign)
Follow signs to camp at Wing Mountain

To speed things up Saturday morning, we’ll have rider check in Friday night around 6 pm at the start area. Everyone who has registered needs to print, sign and bring your release waiver to rider check-in. http://www.flag2gc.com/2005Waiver.pdf . Bring this form to rider check-in on Saturday morning if you cannot make it Friday night.

Remember: Rider check-in Friday night after 6 pm and Sat 6:00 – 6:30 am
Mandatory meeting @ 6:45 am Ride starts @ 7:00 am

Your rider goodie bag will have very cool swag this year - make sure and check it out before the ride as you might want to bring some of it with you. Also, make sure and bring your car keys with you on the ride in case you need to return to your vehicle due to inclement weather.

Here's a reminder list for your packing endeavors:

Small camp chair
Rain gear (it's REQUIRED!!)
Sun block
Anti-chaffing supplies
Tent & ground tarp
Sleeping pad, sleeping bag & pillow
Water in your water system w/ flat supplies and energy food
Slime in your tubes (thorns are prevalent)
Toiletries
Towel / biodegradable soap
Your own version of pain relievers
Cash for raffle prizes

This list is not exhaustive. Mark your bags and camp gear with your name to identify your stuff when you get to camp. Also, plan to pick your gear up at the start camp immediately on Sunday morning. We cannot be responsible for gear that is not claimed.

Does anyone know of a Massage Therapist that would like to help out this year?

Due to the overwhelming response to our ride this year we may be tight on return transportation to start camp on Sunday. While we’re confident that we'll have it worked out, we're looking for some assistance. If you marked on your registration form that you need a ride back to Flagstaff and now have your own ride, please let us know by replying to this e-mail. If you will have a vehicle at top camp and have room for others to get back to the start camp, please respond to this e-mail by notifying us of the number of people you can add to your vehicle.

Finally, we have a waiting list for folks who registered after the ride reached our limit, and if you are registered and cannot participate in the ride, please respond to this e-mail, so that we can have folks on the waiting list fill your spot(s).

Again, this ride would not be possible without the support of our sponsors:

Arizona Back Institute, U.S. Carpentry / M&I Enterprises, New Belgium Brewing, Hancock Homes, Bike Barn, HRH Insurance, Giant , Trek Bicycle Showcase, Rancho Feliz Charitable Foundation, Inc, Outback Steakhouse, Arizona National Guard, Andy Sandoval, Kalil Bottling, Clifbar, Elete, Coconino Amateur Radio Club, Xterra Club , Lindstrom Family Car Wash, HomeVestors, Dr. Robert Spies, AZ Coaching, Alacer Corporation, Advanced Auto, N.L. Booth and Sons Inc.

And…our Volunteers and Support!
Southwest Area Nissan Club and the Arizona Xterra Club, Coconino Amateur Radio Club, Arizona National Guard …and any other volunteer crew I have forgotten about.

See you Friday night (8/5) or Saturday (8/6) morning.................now go round up donations!!!

#317774 - 27/07/05 05:30 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Now if we can just get XterrAZ and Accasabel to show up, it'd be the best X-mas ever!
Sorry dude, read back to the second page of this thread. I won't even be in the state let alone at the ride. I'd go if we weren't heading to the Pacific Northwest. Just bad planning on timing of the trip, the bike ride weekend is at the top of the list of X'cursions.

#317775 - 28/07/05 09:42 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be there Friday night, what time is everyone heading up? I'm planning on leaving around 2pm.

#317776 - 29/07/05 08:05 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be there Friday night too. Gonna try for 2pm, but that might be a little to early for me. The wife is working, I've got the day off tho, so can pack the X ready, so we might make that.

#317777 - 29/07/05 08:39 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get off work at 8am Fri, and wife working half day, so will be heading up mid afternoon...want to beat the I17 rush hour if I can....

#317778 - 29/07/05 10:19 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeaa, I hear ya with that. When I drove up to Alans gold claim it took 2 hours to get out of town from Mesa. Stuck on the 101 trying to get on the I17 for at least 30 mins.

#317779 - 29/07/05 12:41 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who's this?

There are a few glimpses of X's on a site dedicated to the 2001 run at: http://www.flightofthepigs.com/Events/flag_to_grand_canyon_2001.htm

#317780 - 29/07/05 12:51 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nosup4u or Stone???

#317781 - 29/07/05 01:13 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
I don't think it's either. I believe the 2001 rains are what got us involved, I think we started helping in 2002.

#317782 - 29/07/05 01:38 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
What about meeting at the Chevron Station at Carefee Hwy and I-17 at say 2pm on Friday?

#317783 - 29/07/05 01:44 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
What about meeting at the Chevron Station at Carefee Hwy and I-17 at say 2pm on Friday?
It might be easier to meet at the Chevron by the outlet malls off of Anthem Way just so that you are past the thick of the traffic by then, @ at the Carefree exit you are in the middle of the Friday mess.

#317784 - 29/07/05 02:09 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
[b]What about meeting at the Chevron Station at Carefee Hwy and I-17 at say 2pm on Friday?
It might be easier to meet at the Chevron by the outlet malls off of Anthem Way just so that you are past the thick of the traffic by then, @ at the Carefree exit you are in the middle of the Friday mess.[/b]
Even better idea Gabe! laugh

#317785 - 29/07/05 02:19 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

No way I'd make it there by 2pm. 3pm maybe. Planning on leaving the house at about 2pm and that's 50 miles from my place to the Anthem outlet mall.

No biggie tho, the directions aren't to bad if we don't convoy up there with the rest of ya'll.

#317786 - 29/07/05 02:33 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will try to get there by 2:00, but I am not gonna be in a big hurry to get up there....I will have to pit stop along the way....one dog not very good at road trips yet. The directions are pretty clear, so should be no prob finding it.

#317787 - 29/07/05 03:23 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
[b]What about meeting at the Chevron Station at Carefee Hwy and I-17 at say 2pm on Friday?
It might be easier to meet at the Chevron by the outlet malls off of Anthem Way just so that you are past the thick of the traffic by then, @ at the Carefree exit you are in the middle of the Friday mess.[/b]
I say that we stick with the Carefree Hwy spot, just so people don't get confused, as we have in the past when we tried to change the location. Changing the meeting location will probably only cause more problems than good.

#317788 - 29/07/05 03:25 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another thing to remember:

Bike Rack

These have came in handy many times in the previous years for trasporting riders. If you have one or an extra, bring it along.

#317789 - 29/07/05 05:11 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Anyone coming north after say 3PM may want to take Cave Creek/Scottsdale Rd/Lake Pleasant up to Carefree Highway instead of the 101 to I-17. You'll at least cut off some of the traffic.

#317790 - 29/07/05 06:43 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thought about that route before, while I was stuck in traffic on the 101 trying to get on the 17! smile

#317791 - 29/07/05 08:29 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Accasbel:
I don't think it's either. I believe the 2001 rains are what got us involved, I think we started helping in 2002.
I believe that is correct.

Hey Lee [Wave]

#317792 - 29/07/05 08:35 PM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PHXX:

[b]Bike Rack

These have came in handy many times in the previous years for trasporting riders. If you have one or an extra, bring it along.[/b]
I have a 3 or 4 bike hitch mount rack that I purchased for this event a few years ago. Came in handy a couple of times. I will loan it to anyone wishing to use it, you just have to make arrangements to pick it up. Really convenient, slides into the receiver hitch and folds down to open the hatch. One word of warning though, it won't stop a tree from damaging your bumper when going in reverse.

#317793 - 30/07/05 11:21 AM Re: FAT TIRE / Flagstaff to Grand Canyon
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by PHXX:

[b]Bike Rack

These have came in handy many times in the previous years for trasporting riders. If you have one or an extra, bring it along.[/b]
I have a hitch mounted rack for 4 bikes if anyone that is going wants to borrow it.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal