2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318139 - 26/08/07 06:13 PM So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

At or around 4:35 PM 08-26-07 (My 7th Anniversary) I hear a loud screech, thud, and debris hitting my Front window.

WTF - I go outside to see the neighbor's car and mine intertwined in my front yard. The Woman was driving (Didn't know English? No NOT Mexican, Asian). She wouldn't talk to me at all, even try to explain her actions.

I demand their insurance card and told my wife to call the police. The Guy that was in the car tells me to lie and say he was driving while she leaves and goes inside the house.

Police arrive and question whether I was parked legally! No my car was facing West on the North Side of the Road (Right Side) Facing the Right Direction. After arguing with her for a few minutes she determines that everyone else on the road is illegally parked. (No other Citations issued to them.)

The Guy gets away with telling the cop that he was driving, but when I protested she obtained her information from him and I think caught him in the lie, but she wouldn't do anything about it other than to "Note it in the report." :rolleyes: He told me that she was a new driver and I asked if she had a license and he said No.

So the short of it is I'm now out my second vehicle with 6-7 Mo pregnant wife and 3 yr old that will have to use the X for thier primary transportation until I can secure a rental.

ETA - She backed out of the driveway across the street so hard that she smashed my car up and into my yard and peeled out like she was going to try and get away until I went out there and made them stay. As you can see they moved the car before the police arrived. I do have to give Phx PD the [ThumbsUp] for getting here in about 10 Min.

Pictures to arrive shortly.

At least no one was hurt and they didn't hit the house. Those who know me, know that we just moved back in in July after just over a year of being displaced by it burning down.

Just had to vent to my friends here.
Thanks,
Adam

#318140 - 26/08/07 06:33 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#318141 - 26/08/07 06:34 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

ABOVE: You can see how close the car came to my front window. This track is from the left rear tire of the car.

#318142 - 26/08/07 06:35 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#318143 - 26/08/07 06:37 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#318144 - 26/08/07 06:39 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#318145 - 26/08/07 06:40 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#318146 - 26/08/07 07:01 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Ugh Adam, I'm really sorry man! I'm so bad at decifering pictures so I don't understand exactly what happened. But I take it they somehow smashed into your car and drove onto your lawn, and got away without getting ticketed for this??

Mark

#318147 - 26/08/07 07:09 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NOSUP4U:
Ugh Adam, I'm really sorry man! I'm so bad at decifering pictures so I don't understand exactly what happened. But I take it they somehow smashed into your car and drove onto your lawn, and got away without getting ticketed for this??

Mark
The guy was ticked for "unsafe backing"? But the Chick got away with it scott free due to she didn't have a license and wouldn't be on the insurance and most likely would have gone to jail if she didn't leave the scene of the crime. mad

#318148 - 26/08/07 07:10 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

She didn't just hit it, she CREAMED it...looks like bent steering, etc. too, and that might be a total loss on that old of a car given how the unibody is mashed in at the door hinge there.

Hope nothing like that happens to me because I'm not so sure I could control my temper on someone who did that. I'd probably get arrested for having multiple collisions with someone's face.

#318149 - 26/08/07 07:18 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
She didn't just hit it, she CREAMED it...looks like bent steering, etc. too, and that might be a total loss on that old of a car given how the unibody is mashed in at the door hinge there.

Hope nothing like that happens to me because I'm not so sure I could control my temper on someone who did that. I'd probably get arrested for having multiple collisions with someone's face.
'98 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 2.5L 81185 Miles.

Thanks for that pickmeup Andy, I needed that. I knew I needed to take the high road and I couldn't very well kick the lady's ass. I'm too man for that. :rolleyes: I never hit a Woman under any circumstances.

#318150 - 26/08/07 07:37 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Sorry to hear about your bad luck - and looking at the pictures, yeah, that girl did peel out and kicked up a hell of a lot of your yard onto your house.
Hell, it even looks like she left paint on that little post in front of the windows (or was that there from something else?) and hit the shrub next to the post. The pic below is the post I'm talking about (to clear any confusion)

And I can't tell for sure from the pictures if the post is bent or if it appears that way from the way the picture was taken.

Hell, I'd be pressing charges for the damages to your lawn and other damaged parts of your property in addition to the car.

Seriously, if they got close enough to the house to hit that post, You're lucky they didn't keep on going into your house.

#318151 - 26/08/07 07:48 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
man, that sucks!

I live at the end of a cul de sac and I hate parking on the street - so I don't unless I absolutely have to frown

#318152 - 26/08/07 08:09 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
Sorry to hear about your bad luck - and looking at the pictures, yeah, that girl did peel out and kicked up a hell of a lot of your yard onto your house.
Hell, it even looks like she left paint on that little post in front of the windows (or was that there from something else?) and hit the shrub next to the post. The pic below is the post I'm talking about (to clear any confusion)

And I can't tell for sure from the pictures if the post is bent or if it appears that way from the way the picture was taken.

Hell, I'd be pressing charges for the damages to your lawn and other damaged parts of your property in addition to the car.

Seriously, if they got close enough to the house to hit that post, You're lucky they didn't keep on going into your house.
The paint on the post and it being bent are the leftovers from my POS Contractors (AZ Disaster Services) who have yet to complete the house. They destroyed my fence while working on the house. I doubt I will get much sympathy for destruction to the yard as it is mostly dirt from sitting unattended for the last year. I've been agressively trying to bring it back for my party that I'm planning to have here.

Yes we are lucky as I was standing in the path of the car if it were to have come through the window as well as my daughter and Wife were sitting on the couch that is near it too.

#318153 - 26/08/07 11:07 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear/see about the accident, Adam! I must say, apparently old Maxima's accelerate better than I remember...

#318154 - 26/08/07 11:27 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like she roostered hard enough not just to get the front window, but to throw dirt under the door into the garage. That's f'ing incredible!

Those tire tracks look way to close to the house for comfort. I'm glad everybody's OK.

think you need more of those big-ass rocks - or maybe a moat. laugh

BTW, little dude doesn't look too happy about having his picture taken. [Uh Oh !]

My first thought would be to stress the fraud issue with the guy's insurance company, but then I'd be afraid they'd try to weasel out of paying.

#318155 - 27/08/07 12:06 AM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy Crap, Adam!!! I think you are the winner of the Worst Luck Award.

It sucks that the people that hit your car are your neighbors. Hopefully, they will move out soon - before the meeting at your house. laugh

#318156 - 27/08/07 08:30 AM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Holy Crap, Adam!!! I think you are the winner of the Worst Luck Award.

It sucks that the people that hit your car are your neighbors. Hopefully, they will move out soon - before the meeting at your house. laugh
Thanks guys, still haven't heard from the Insurance Co.

Now who wants that empty parking space?

Tom, she did in fact throw the dirt under the closed door. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't get any broken windows as well. :rolleyes:

#318157 - 27/08/07 08:49 AM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

HOLY SHIT! That sucks man. Good for you for taking the high road and controlling the anger and frustration I am sure you felt.

At least they diddn't cream the house and none of your family was involved.

#318158 - 27/08/07 10:55 AM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]She didn't just hit it, she CREAMED it...looks like bent steering, etc. too, and that might be a total loss on that old of a car given how the unibody is mashed in at the door hinge there.

'98 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 2.5L 81185 Miles.

Thanks for that pickmeup Andy, I needed that. I knew I needed to take the high road and I couldn't very well kick the lady's ass. I'm too man for that. :rolleyes: I never hit a Woman under any circumstances.[/b]
Nah, I wouldn't have clobbered the woman either, but there was a guy there...he might have been in trouble.

Best of luck getting everything right again. Sometimes it just seems like the shit never ends, but keep living right and keep up the balance in the karma bank and it'll come around for you.

#318159 - 27/08/07 11:25 AM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Andy,
Just got off the phone with the Guys insurance Co and they are basically saying they aren't going to cover the accident if he wasn't driving.

WTF - So now I have to lie in order to get my car repaired. BS!

Waiting on a return call to see what's going to happen. Looks right now that I have no choice but to claim against my own insurance. Higher premiums here I come! mad

#318160 - 27/08/07 12:39 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Did you point out to his insurance company that he was in the car, and was also cited by the police for unsafe backing?

It6 doesn't matter if he actually was driving, he claimed to be driving to the police and was cited by the police, thus he makes his insurance company liable for the damage to your vehicle.
Quote:
Thank you Andy,
Just got off the phone with the Guys insurance Co and they are basically saying they aren't going to cover the accident if he wasn't driving.

#318161 - 27/08/07 12:55 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
Did you point out to his insurance company that he was in the car, and was also cited by the police for unsafe backing?

It6 doesn't matter if he actually was driving, he claimed to be driving to the police and was cited by the police, thus he makes his insurance company liable for the damage to your vehicle.
Quote:
[b]Thank you Andy,
[/b]
That was my point exactly to them but it fell on deaf ears and they gave me a bunch of attitude, so right now I'm on the phone with my insurance company to let them do the work and get the money from them. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to hassle with it.

#318162 - 27/08/07 02:53 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You got it! Let your insurance fight with them about it.

I'm guessing from the out of state plate that they were just visiting your neighbor.

Maybe we should park in his yard for the party. laugh

#318163 - 27/08/07 02:59 PM Re: So my Bad luck streak continues!
Anonymous
Unregistered

No they were not visiting as they had an insurance card that has their address on it.

Plain and simple they moved here but didn't change the registration to avoid our fees.

Got away with it too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal