2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318206 - 11/12/07 09:55 AM Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tried to pull up the old firestone link, it does not work? Can I get the info again, if we still have the deal wit firestone?

#318207 - 11/12/07 10:04 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

I coincidentally just spoke w/ Shawn, the mgr at the store in Surprise. AZXC cleared out their stock of Destination MTs the day of the sale. There are two more sets of 285/75/16 in Sctsdl as of right now. One (1) set is mine laugh . If I remember, you were after ATs though, right? Waldo has the contact used by the folks on the East side. "Randy" I thinks his name..

#318208 - 11/12/07 10:13 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, I'm looking at Destinations A/T at 265/75/16 or Bridgestone Dueler Revo's AT at the same size. if I can't get a decent price here, I have to wait till next week till I get home. I don't think I'll be able to run Chivo in this weather with these kind of tires. arg

#318209 - 11/12/07 10:19 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here, I wrote it down when I was shopping for my Baja tires:

Jason or Chuck Reference Wally
7531 E Camelback Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
480-994-5463

BTW - My rims are down at Goodyear getting their new rubber. Those tires are going to be cool on my bug!

#318210 - 11/12/07 10:35 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was on the phone with Chuck. Arranged to get a set of Bridgestone Dueler Revo's A/T at 265/75/16's.

Seeing if they can push the deal down in Tucson, to save me the trip of driving to phx. These guys are great help.

I gotta say Firestone hires quality employees! Every firestone I was at, has been extremely helpful, no matter if it's in Tucson, Phoenix or Nor Cal!!

#318211 - 11/12/07 11:50 AM Re: Firestone information again
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
Yep, I'm looking at Destinations A/T at 265/75/16 or Bridgestone Dueler Revo's AT at the same size. if I can't get a decent price here, I have to wait till next week till I get home. I don't think I'll be able to run Chivo in this weather with these kind of tires. arg
IMO Revo's are ok. Mekhail is running them and he did really good in the snow last weekend. He has ATs I belive and I'm on Destination MTs. Braking and tracktion I did do better, but not enough to give an honest guess which was better since I was on MTs in thick mud, ice, and snow and he is on ATs.

My last set on my Gen1 X crack at an early age. The had a lot of tread left but needed replaced from cracking. Tracktion was better than the stock BFG ATs though. I didn't used to air down alot back in those days, but I don't think I tired them below 25psi (waldo told me the Destinations will hold a beed at 10psi). Oh and the tread life other than the cracking was pretty good (I think they even have a 50,000 mile waranty with them still).

I'm not sure if the ones I had were D rated tires. I know Costco can and will order stock sizes though at a good deal.

I worked with Jason up at the Scottsdale Firestone. Great Deal...

And I've been out in the Snow and Sand, and wet pavement so far... But no rock crawling. I love them... They kick the crap out of the stock tires, and any others I've used... But I am using the MTs. Since the rain, I have yet to have any slipping on the pavement, even with hard acceleration, fast turning, and hard braking (I was trying to make them slip).

Hehe... In my typical too much typing conclusion... Revo's are better than stock, but the Destinations kill the Revo's... IMO of course.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#318212 - 11/12/07 12:32 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

understandable. The MT's are way out of my price range. the MT's that I did find on tirerack got such bad reviews that I just don't want to bother with them. From my asking around I was able to get a feel for the difference. Both tires are good. From what I understand the revo's have more aggressive tread, and have a stronger sidewall? These also should last me a long time, which is what I want.

Anyways Chuck from Firestone on Camelback was able to get me a location here in tucson that will sell these tires to me for the agreed price. So I won't complain.

#318213 - 11/12/07 01:56 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i am glad to here that chuck hooked you up.....And how come no one called me for sunday romp laugh in the snow!

#318214 - 11/12/07 02:59 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
well i am glad to here that chuck hooked you up.....And how come no one called me for sunday romp laugh in the snow!
We were talking about it the night before! You were there!

#318215 - 11/12/07 03:05 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would have gone sunday but not at 9;30pm sat night to sedona

#318216 - 11/12/07 05:19 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got back from Firestone. Picked up a set of bridgestone Dueler A/T revos. Got it for cheaper than I expected to get. I'm excited. Can't wait for saturday to try it out. Thanks Wally for arranging this! I would have a big smile on my face but I got 3 finals to worry about. ack

#318217 - 12/12/07 10:36 AM Re: Firestone information again
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
Hey I asked you and Donna... You said you were busy with somethin. Yeah we were only in the snow for like 3 hours... But it was worth it.

I wanna do another snow run soon before it gets too deep, or something at a lower eleveation before it melts. Busy this weekend?

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#318218 - 12/12/07 10:40 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Hey I asked you and Donna... You said you were busy with somethin. Yeah we were only in the snow for like 3 hours... But it was worth it.

I wanna do another snow run soon before it gets too deep, or something at a lower eleveation before it melts. Busy this weekend?
By the way, are pictures forthcoming? smile

#318219 - 12/12/07 12:27 PM Re: Firestone information again
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by karlover007:
By the way, are pictures forthcoming? smile
Yeah... By this evening I swear... I got them all resized already and will probably start uploading them to PhotoBucket shortly. Look around for a link to my other pics and you can find them before anyone else does.

Oh... And I think Sheila wants to do another Snow run this Saturday. We are trying to confim a second truck at least and that will be posted along with the pics.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#318220 - 12/12/07 12:35 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are the pics of the tires:

#318221 - 12/12/07 01:24 PM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hehe, pictures galore of all kinds. I'll be looking forward to seeing pics of the snow run! Oh yeah, the larger the better, of course!

Yasha, those look a hell of a lot meaner than what you had last week.

#318222 - 13/12/07 06:48 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much did the Revos set ya back Yasha, if you don't mind me askin?

This Sunday is T-Day, my rears are practically useless now in the 2 wet weekends we've had. I like the tread pattern on those alot.

#318223 - 13/12/07 11:19 AM Re: Firestone information again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kinda funny story.

Chuck quoted me around $747 for a set of 4 with everything(discounted) and the normal price was $950. but I think it was for the wrong set of tires. when I got to firestone here in Tucson. Ervin showed the normal price for the right ones (p-metric I believe) for normal price of $794 w/o certs, and got it with certs for $686. extremely good deal.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal