shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318298 - 14/06/05 09:12 PM Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm WAAAAAAY new to the Xterra thing (still week one and loving my new girl!) and just as new to the 4x4 thing. Can anyone recommend some good trails near Sierra Vista to cut my teeth. I've got a stock S model 4x4 with the Util and Power Pkgs (no E-lock confused ... I didn't know!) I've taken a short trip up Huachuca Canyon and had a blast! Any suggestions where I won't run into clearance problems.

#318299 - 14/06/05 10:32 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

First off; Welcome [Wave]

I don't know the southern state very well so I would suggest picking up this book:

Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails Covers 75 trails across Arizona, including areas near Phoenix, Tucson, Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon National Park, Florence Junction, Apache Junction, Bullhead City, Kingman, Lake Havasu City, Parker, Jerome, Prescott, Crown King, Wickenburg, Oracle, Tusayan, Quartzsite and Yuma. Fifty trails are suitable for most stock SUVs. Includes GPS waypoints and ATV trails. Enjoy smile

#318300 - 15/06/05 09:46 AM Re: Newbie in SV
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Welcome.

#318301 - 15/06/05 05:01 PM Re: Newbie in SV
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I believe Jason (JasonAzX) is from the Tucson area. Shoot him a PM, he might know some trails down there.

#318302 - 16/06/05 09:04 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to all. I rifled off a msg to Jason. Look forward to getting out there. I think I'll get a ways up Garden Canyon this weekend.

#318303 - 16/06/05 10:13 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] welcome to Xterra life, you'll love every minute of it.

#318304 - 17/06/05 06:30 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xterrament- I just sent you a pm. Garden Canyon? I believe you may be referring to Gardner Canynon, which is located in the Roosevelt junction area. Not a bad area to explore... I wouldn't recommend going too far out by yourself though. A lot of the maps and markers in that area are inaccurate.

#318305 - 17/06/05 06:46 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a "Garden Canyon" in the Fort Huachuca wilderness. A pretty road amongst the vegetation, not much wheeling... LINKY

#318306 - 17/06/05 08:51 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
There's a "Garden Canyon" in the Fort Huachuca wilderness. A pretty road amongst the vegetation, not much wheeling... LINKY
ahhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeohhhhhhhhhhh! I stand corrected.

#318307 - 17/06/05 11:32 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mmmm, yeah. We're gonna' need you to drive out to Garden Canyon this weekend, M'kay? Yeeaah. And you'll have to pay for the gas too, ok? Alright, great.

#318308 - 18/06/05 05:15 AM Re: Newbie in SV
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

Mmmm, yeah. We're gonna' need you to drive out to Garden Canyon this weekend, M'kay? Yeeaah. And you'll have to pay for the gas too, ok? Alright, great.
Now thats some funny stuff... smile I'm going to have to steal that picture.

#318309 - 18/06/05 07:55 AM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know it's not the most aggressive trail here. Lots of little side trails, it's close and has some great scenery...besides, that's where I left my ssshtapler.

I hope you're not making fun of me (whisper to myself "I'll burn the place down")

#318310 - 18/06/05 01:08 PM Re: Newbie in SV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Bbabuhbuah but yayu you ssaid I I I alright, that's the last straw, i'll set the canyon on fire.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal