shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318356 - 17/01/08 07:05 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Virtual Jeepers are comin too.

Someone should call up all the local news stations / news papers. Get some good publicity for the 4Wheel community - rather than all the negative crap that normally floats around.
You've got connections, maybe you can get the GoDaddy girl out there bending over, picking up, who cares what she picked up. laugh

#318357 - 17/01/08 07:45 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Virtual Jeepers are comin too.

Someone should call up all the local news stations / news papers. Get some good publicity for the 4Wheel community - rather than all the negative crap that normally floats around.
I expect some folks from every manufacturer out there. Dirt bike, mountain bike, and hikers too.
I've contacted every large media source in Phoenix and some small ones too. Not much of a response yet. If anyone has connections please use them.
Please tell them to contact me and I'll get them information, pictures etc!
Thanks guys!

#318358 - 17/01/08 08:00 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Submit a press release of your own - There are online sites on which you can do that. The press may then pick up on it and come out to take some photos.

#318359 - 17/01/08 11:17 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

SOAZ - Replied to your PM with some links to Free Press Release Submission sites and a Press Release example. I send them all the time now for my home business and pick up a ton of hits on my site from it. So if nothing else - it will spread the word.

#318360 - 17/01/08 07:07 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
SOAZ - Replied to your PM with some links to Free Press Release Submission sites and a Press Release example. I send them all the time now for my home business and pick up a ton of hits on my site from it. So if nothing else - it will spread the word.
Hello again Rinky! [Wave]
Good to see that you are all over the place like me. This post #25 of the night. [drink]

I went ahead and signed up for each one of the press release sites. That is all new to me so I appreciate the info!

Tim H.
www.soaztim.com

I hope you guys don't mind me posting the logo's. I want to give credit and thanks to the companies helping out.

I wanted to thank Border Construction Specialties for stepping up big with the giant grill. Brandon, the president of Copper State Cruisers has gotten burgers and the use of this trailer sized grill donated for the clean-up! Thank YOU!

#318361 - 17/01/08 08:28 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I hope you guys don't mind me posting the logo's. I want to give credit and thanks to the companies helping out.
Give credit where credit is due. I don't mind, I think it is ultimately up to Carlton as it's his site.

I'm really excited to see this turnout you're having and congrats to you, the cleanup crew and the area. Thank you.

Adam

#318362 - 22/01/08 09:20 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you CAN make it could you please go to the official clean-up website and click the RSVP buttons on the right side of the page below. It will really help me!

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!
Tim Huber

#318363 - 24/01/08 07:15 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Count me in... Depending on scheduling I'll try to get Sheila out with the Fronty too.

I have a CB, FRS, and GPS (ok, a full blown laptop bolted to the car), and have been out there a few times recently if you're still looking for help there, hit me up.

I'm also setup with a winch, so I should be able to drag some old cars out too.

No need for prizes IMO though... Just keep the trail open.

Anyone have access to a small trailer... I'll tow it if you wont, it sure would have helped at the last clean up I was at with VJ?

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#318364 - 24/01/08 04:15 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anyone wants a copy to forward to a friend, here is the flyer. Thanks for spreading the word. [Too much XOC]

#318365 - 24/01/08 06:40 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

count me in
i might be able to get another trailer. will find out for sure.

its for a good cause and fun, cant beat that..

#318366 - 25/01/08 11:45 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowbank:
count me in
i might be able to get another trailer. will find out for sure.

its for a good cause and fun, cant beat that..
Sounds great! So many of us drive SUV type 4x4's that trailers will be good to help the clean up and moving effort!

Thanks to Icon Vehicle Dynamics www.iconvehicledynamics.com and SDHQ www.sdhq.com for supporting the clean up effort!!

#318367 - 25/01/08 02:47 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I cross posted this over at the clubfrontier.org site

They have a question about the pickup area: Are we going all the way to Edwards Park / Roosevelt? OR, are we just doing the outlying ATV areas?

#318368 - 25/01/08 03:02 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
I cross posted this over at the clubfrontier.org site

They have a question about the pickup area: Are we going all the way to Edwards Park / Roosevelt? OR, are we just doing the outlying ATV areas?
Good question. We are concentrating on some really bad areas within about 10 miles of the Four Peaks parking lot. I have backup areas if we have that big of a turnout, but even they are within the 8 miles. Just down different roads.
We should have plenty to do. laugh [ThumbsUp]

#318369 - 28/01/08 06:10 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just cross posted this on thenewx.org as well . This should be a great turnout.

#318370 - 28/01/08 06:40 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
I just cross posted this on thenewx.org as well . This should be a great turnout.
Good stuff Ted. Thanks for spreading the word!
Tim Huber

#318371 - 28/01/08 07:14 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just posted it on Arizonatoyz. hopefully they can make it out.

Doing what I can, since I won't make it out there

#318372 - 29/01/08 04:39 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
I just posted it on Arizonatoyz. hopefully they can make it out.

Doing what I can, since I won't make it out there
Thank Yasha! I appreciate the help and spreading the word!
Sorry you can't make it out.
See ya at the next one.
Tim

#318373 - 30/01/08 04:18 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know a lot of us have an SUV, Jeep or other "non" trucks. Although piling bags of trash in the back can work, many don't want to take the risk of hurting the interior of their vehicle or just don't have the room!
If you have a hitch mounted bike rack you may have the perfect alternative. I simply looped the bag back on itself to make sure it gets a good grip and doesn't go anywhere.
Take a look:

Keep in mind that the bags will sway around back there and I don't recommend any highspeed or highway driving with this set up. It may just make the difference in carrying enough trash to make a difference though.

#318374 - 30/01/08 05:50 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will bring a trailer! laugh

#318375 - 30/01/08 06:21 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
I will bring a trailer! laugh
Even better!!!! [LOL]

#318376 - 04/02/08 10:07 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Four Peaks Pickup Information.

Restrooms are located at the main Four Peaks Recreation area parking lot. (On the right just after turning onto Four Peaks Rd)

TIMELINE:

8:00 AM - Set up for clean up. Clean up area team leaders arrive.

9:00 AM - Meet at clean up headquarters and start directing volunteers to target areas with team leads directing the way.

9:00 AM to 2:30 PM Clean up. (Come or go as needed. Use team leaders or meeting site for questions, problems, suggestions.)

2:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Make final trash run to dumpsters and head back to clean up headquarters.

2:00 PM to 3:15 PM - Grab a burger or snack at headquarters while they last.

3:00 PM - Prize give-aways at headquarters and a Thank YOU to all the volunteers!

Trash bags will be located at the main clean up headquarters and with the clean up area team leaders.

Be CAREFUL! Much of the trash is glass, sharp rusted metal etc. Bring and wear gloves and eye protection.

It may be cold so bring appropriate clothing. Use sunblock!

COMMUNICATION:
1. CB radio. AKA: Citizen Band. The clean up will be on channel 14.
2. FRS Radio. AKA: Store bought personal radios. (walkie talkie type). The clean up will be on channel 14.
3. 2 meter radio. AKA: Amatuer Radio. The clean up will be on channel 146.480

#318377 - 05/02/08 08:39 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

We'll be out there at location 10 helping folks get to the clean up sites all day, but here is a map just in case.

#318378 - 06/02/08 03:36 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be there, figure we can get some of the big stuff like fridges and washers out with the trucks

#318379 - 06/02/08 07:35 PM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Inyourface1650:
I'll be there, figure we can get some of the big stuff like fridges and washers out with the trucks
Sounds good! Thanks for coming out. I appreciate it. We'll put the truck to good use.

#318380 - 07/02/08 07:22 AM Re: 4 Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Inyourface1650:
I'll winch the crap up the hills ... That will put that winch to a good use smile ... I'd like to get the cars out for sure though. A couple weeks ago there was a new Jeep Comander sitting out there burned to the frame.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal