shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318445 - 21/03/05 02:52 PM Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Well, I finally heard from the DCB Adventures guys.

The event will be out at Saguaro Lake Resort [Freak] on April 24th (I believe 9AM is the start time).

They would also like a ballpark figure of the number of volunteers we'll be having. Please let me know if you'll be able to attend ASAP.

#318446 - 21/03/05 03:27 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
They would also like a ballpark figure of the number of volunteers we'll be having.
You need a row and a seat number too :p ?

I'm in [ThumbsUp] .

EDIT to add- Please advise as to your arrival day/time, and if you'll be camping. [Smoking]

#318447 - 21/03/05 04:50 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
spooky1 Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
I'll be there all weekend! (I think)

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#318448 - 21/03/05 04:57 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I should be there all weekend. Hopefully I will have my skids by then.

#318449 - 21/03/05 06:31 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
I'll be there in my Landcruiser laugh

Plannin' on all-weekend.

#318450 - 21/03/05 07:54 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Count me in [Wave]

#318451 - 22/03/05 08:30 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll do my best, all depends on if my shift switches before then from Sun - Thurs to Mon - Fri. We just employed the new guy to work my old shift, so I should be able to make it. 2WD tho - I'll be driving out Early Sunday morning with Wife & 21 month old Child most if we do make it. Someone say 6am start?

I won't be able to make the April meeting, so will need details on where everyone is gonna meet up on the Sunday morning. I'm sure you will have all of that well before then tho.

#318452 - 22/03/05 02:46 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in this year. Sounds like a good time. laugh

#318453 - 25/03/05 08:02 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

So it looks like we have at least 9 that will be able to attend so far (I included GBizzle even though he never posted anything). If anyone is insterested, just let me know.

RiNkY, having the 2-wheel drive shouldn't be an issue. They will most likely put the 4X2's out on the Running course where you should be okay.

I'm trying to get the guy from DCBAdventures to supply us with some maps of the area or at least some GPS cords so we'll know what the bike/running course's are like. As well as where the start is, so that we can pick a nice camping spot out not to far away (or difficult to get at).

My wife and Ellie will be attending (her first Xcursion). [ThumbsUp]

I'll have more info on the meeting times and location closer to the date of the event. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

#318454 - 25/03/05 10:01 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
I should be able to attend, as we get closer I'll know more.

From previous years, he won't have a map. Greg Gavel (a serious offroader - click for a pic of his rig ) will have the course details and will designate where to place vehicles. Several trucks will have to take water, tables, and cups to the designated spots for race participants (both bicycle & running courses). A truck should be available somewhere as a traveler in case someone needs help, but that can be from one of the spots that has 2 or more trucks. There will be a get together the morning of the race, about 6 am with trucks hitting the trail between 6:30 & 7.

Check with David B. to see if camping be allowed at the Resort. Previous years, except last because of the park ranger, they had pizza & beer the night before for volunteers.

#318455 - 25/03/05 10:39 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Thanks Lee,

I shot off an email to Greg. I remember his ride from last year.

#318456 - 25/03/05 01:38 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Count Me in also,
For the weekend is the plan.

#318457 - 25/03/05 02:47 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
So it looks like we have at least 9 that will be able to attend so far (I included GBizzle even though he never posted anything).
I'm in.

#318458 - 25/03/05 04:32 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

I spoke with Greg today. From what he said, it looks like about 2/3's of the bike course is the same as last year. The running coures is new. Same starting point for the bikes, but it'll turn at one point onto the running course from last year. I've asked David for the GPS cords (I have some, but I just don't know where the trial turns and such).

Greg also said that he's not sure if a 2-wheel drive could make it out on the running course. I've again asked David if he knew or not. So, I'll let you know RiNkY. I guess the issue is that it's on an old road used to build the Dam and really hasn't been maintained in about 30 years.

They are also looking for people to help set up the course sometime during the week. He said the day/time is TBD still. They would like to have as many of us as possible out on Saturday afternoon to pre-run the course and to be briefed. He also wasn’t sure of the time of this, but said most likely around 3PM. If you are interested in doing either (or both) of these things, let me know (email or post something here).

It looks like some of the info is starting to come in.

#318459 - 27/03/05 07:00 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Greg also said that he's not sure if a 2-wheel drive could make it out on the running course.
frown

Me: "Lindsay (Wifes name), can I buy that 2005 XTerra I was looking at? I have to get it now so I can do this Triathalon thing"

Lindsay: They buying it for you?

Me: Damn.....

#318460 - 27/03/05 08:49 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Hey all you Xer's...

The boy and I should be there for the event but I am still working on plans for the overnighter.

#318461 - 05/04/05 09:55 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yzerman advises it should be good for my 2WD, as long as there is a supporting 4x4 just in case. So now the question is, who is heading out there on the Sunday Morning? Or is everyone going out there on Saturday night?

My tent is in pretty poor shape after a trip last year to Hannigans Meadow during Monsoon, the Zip broke and the elastic broke in 1 of the poles. So I figure it's time for a new one before I attempt another camp out.

If you guys haven't been up to the Hannigans Meadow area, that was a real nice trip. I'm sure there are some trails up in that area. At 9100ft tho I felt like I'd been a smoker for 30 years, or someone had taken one of my lungs away whenever I had to walk more than 10ft.

#318462 - 05/04/05 11:37 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Yzerman advises it should be good for my 2WD, as long as there is a supporting 4x4 just in case. So now the question is, who is heading out there on the Sunday Morning? Or is everyone going out there on Saturday night?
Well, it was actually Greg (the guy in charge of the bike course) who said you should be okay as long as you were close to a 4X4 with a strap (just in case). I believe Travis was saying he was in 2-wheel drive most of the day last year as well (when we were talking about it at the last meeting). I've only been on about the first 2-3 miles of the course, so I'm not sure what the rest of it's like (besides, about 1/3 of the course has changed this year). If they would send me the GPS cords :rolleyes: , I could look on my TOPO to see if there is any large hills and and such (but that still wouldn't tell us what the hill was like).

We will all meet at the same spot in the morning. So if you still don't need to ride out to the starting point with a 4X4 (it is all paved roads until you enter into the bike course).

#318463 - 09/04/05 03:26 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a map I found of the race course for those who will be attending and are curious of the route.

[img]http://www.dcbadventures.com/main/files/Off-Road%20Bike%20Map.BMP[/img]

#318464 - 09/04/05 03:55 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Very cool Gabe. Thanks. Where are we going again? [Freak]

#318465 - 10/04/05 01:51 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Accasbel Offline

So, when & where is Saturday's get together? Is there a Saturday wheel'n, or just a night-before camping? If we can't come out Saturday, what is Sunday's meeting info? Are we camping at the Resort (where the race starts) or are we camping across the water where we will be manning the race?

Unless a miracle happens we have a Saturday morning conflict - we won't be out to the area until 3 PM or so.

#318466 - 10/04/05 02:32 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Accasbel:
So, when & where is Saturday's get together? Is there a Saturday wheel'n, or just a night-before camping? If we can't come out Saturday, what is Sunday's meeting info? Are we camping at the Resort (where the race starts) or are we camping across the water where we will be manning the race?

Unless a miracle happens we have a Saturday morning conflict - we won't be out to the area until 3 PM or so.
"We" as in Shanna is gonna make it out? Haven't seen her in a while. Not that we are sick of you Lee :p The plan was to finalize the meeting times and locations at the meeting Friday at Peoria Nissan, Jim (Yzerman) is the man in charge of this event and he will give us the info. If you can't be there all the info will definitely be posted up the following day Saturday the 16 one week prior to the event.

#318467 - 11/04/05 10:17 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Lee,

Saturday at 3 should work, at least that is about the time that Greg is asking for us to be out there. Greg would like to have us out there to help set up the course. If anyone wants to go wheeling earlier in the day, they are free to do so. Just let me know what time and where you want to meet and I'll post that as well. There might be some bike riders in the area doing their own pre-running of the course.

Most likely we will meet somewhere off of Shea and the 101 (anyone knows a good spot, let me know), then we'll ride out to Butcher Jones together (where the start of the race is going to be).

I believe we can camp anywhere we want to. Where we camped last year was fine with me.

#318468 - 11/04/05 10:39 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Accasbel Offline

Quote:
Most likely we will meet somewhere off of Shea and the 101 (anyone knows a good spot, let me know), then we'll ride out to Butcher Jones together (where the start of the race is going to be).
If you meet there the group will have to caravan through lights - never fun, that is unless the group does 20 MPH to keep together and cause quite the scene.... It's also a bit north and west for the east siders. Why don't you make it in Fountain Hills, say the Texaco on Shea 3/4 mile from the Beeline? Clickie to google map

That being said, we'll target meeting up with you at 3. Yzerman, are you gonna be da-man to coordinate and such? Please PM or email me with your cell phone...

#318469 - 12/04/05 08:16 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

That sounds like a good place to meet Lee. I'll bring that up as a nice meeting stop on Friday.

I have some topo maps on the bike course. The one Gabe posted is pretty much correct except the first part (which they just voted to changed).

I'll bring some extra printed versions to the meeting and to the event. They won't be color. If you would like your own color topo map, feel free to download and print it.

Both maps below are the same, it's just that one is larger than the other. [Freak]

Warning, this file is about 800K and prints to 8.5X11" paper [Geek]
1-31250 scale bike course

Warning, this file is about 1.1MB and prints on 11X17" paper [Geek]
1-24000 scale bike course

The orange dotted line near the first part of the course is the new section of the course. For anyone who went last year, it's the same section (the long hill).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal