shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318470 - 12/04/05 08:36 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
So far, it looks like we have the following who are planning on attending.

DBAX - Playing - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
defibvt - Playing - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
TremorX
SoldierX - Playing - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
jayhawk - Camping - Sunday
Accasbel - Camping - Sunday
Grn-X - Playing - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
Gbizzle - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
Yellow Gecko - Camping - Sunday
PHXX - Playing - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
XROCK - Playing - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday
Yzerman - Pre Run - Camping - Sunday

Please let me know.
  • Who is interested in going playing around on Saturday?

• Who is planning on doing the pre run?

• Who is planning on camping Saturday night?

• Who is planning on showing up on Sunday?

#318471 - 12/04/05 09:02 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

My son and I will be there for all of it [Wave]

#318472 - 13/04/05 01:47 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

WeeHa! I'm commin too! laugh I'm plannin on doin the whole ShinDig (Saturday wheelin, campin, and sunday goodies). [ThumbsUp]

#318473 - 13/04/05 05:48 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bump.
Hey everybody, Scott (DefibVT) may be camping also. Scott, is there anyhing you'd like to add :p

#318474 - 13/04/05 06:03 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm planning on being there Sunday morning.

#318475 - 13/04/05 08:22 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I will be playing, camping and Sunday. I started a thread because I got stupid slapped and couldn't find this one. [Smoking] [Spit]

#318476 - 13/04/05 08:59 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Accasbel:
Yzerman, are you gonna be da-man to coordinate and such? Please PM or email me with your cell phone...
[Wave]

#318477 - 13/04/05 10:42 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going to be out saturday night. I have a birthday party I have to make an appearance at from about 3-5 and will head out from there.

#318478 - 14/04/05 09:32 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
I got stupid slapped
Does that happen a lot? laugh

Hey Lee, I thought I would send all the info in one email to you (and the others) on Saturday. Is that okay or did you want to talk with me before that? confused Either way, you have a PM.

#318479 - 14/04/05 09:46 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Accasbel Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
...did you want to talk with me before that? confused Either way, you have a PM.
Thanks for the PM.

Naw, I didn't need any specific, just wanted to make sure I could contact youse guys Saturday if I got delayed - how would I locate the group... I wasn't sure how you were gonna communicate things out, including a cell number.

#318480 - 14/04/05 10:22 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Greg is going to have us pre-run the bike course as assign locations as soon as the afternoon group gets out there. So, it is important to know who is coming and when they are. If you cannot make it out for the pre-run, we'll still find you a spot. Then I can let you know what that spot is when you get out there. If you have not already made it known to me when you plan to come out. Please do so here, PM, email, or at the meeting on Friday.

RiNkY and any others who are planning on coming out for just Sunday. Since the race starts at 9AM, they have asked that we have everyone there no later than 7AM. [Huh?]

#318481 - 14/04/05 03:36 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Myself and the family will be there for the whole weekend, playing, camping [ThumbsUp] ect.

#318482 - 14/04/05 03:50 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
Quote:
[b]I got stupid slapped
Does that happen a lot? laugh

[/b]
Depends on the weather forecast and the barometric pressure.

#318483 - 15/04/05 08:36 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
spooky1 Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
It looks like Spooky's plans have changed. frown I will not be out there at all. I am really trying to save up some extra money now to help cover our regular bills. I really love my new job but the 50% paycut from the old job hurts a little. I'll be out playing soon though. cool

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#318484 - 16/04/05 03:35 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

So, here are the meeting times/locations.

Saturday noon if you want to play
Butcher Jones Rec area (see below for directions)

Saturday 3PM if you want to pre-run the course
The Texaco on Shea 3/4 mile from the Beeline? Here is a map

Saturday 6PM if you want to camp

Sunday 7AM if you help out on the tri

Directions to Butcher Jones.
From the West - From the 101 and Shea, take Shea East (about 11 miles) until you hit the Beeline Hwy (87) (Shea T-bones there so you cannot miss it). Take a left onto the Beeline Hwy. From Shea Ave it is about 10 miles to the Bush Hwy where you turn right. About 3 miles from there you turn left onto Butcher Jones Beach Rd. Follow this around for about 1.75 miles and you will be at The Butcher Jones Beach.

From the South - Get on the Beeline Hwy (87). From Shea Ave it is about 10 miles to Bush Hwy where you turn right. About 3 miles from there you turn left onto Butcher Jones Beach Rd. Follow this around for about 1.75 miles and you will be at The Butcher Jones Beach.

GPS Cords
Shea and Beeline Hwy, N33°33.998', W111°42.523'.
Beeline Hwy and Bush Hwy, N33°37.672', W111°33.543'.
Bush Hwy and Buther Jones Beach Rd, N33°35.297', W111°32.529'
Butcher Jones Beach area, N33°34.602', W111°30.980'.

Everyone who has contacted me about going should also have an email with my cell number. Just a word of warning, I don't believe my cell will reach out to far once I'm at Butcher Jones.

I'll also bring my FRS (if you have a CB, please bring it, the Jeep guys that will be helping with us use them instead of the FRS). We'll be on FRS channel 14.

Preston, you have a PM because I don't have your new email address.

#318485 - 17/04/05 09:19 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
My old cell phone (Sprint) never worked on Saguaro Lake, just FYI. I wouldn't count on that as a reliable means of getting a hold of anyone.

Hope everyone has a great time! Wish we could be there.

#318486 - 18/04/05 08:01 AM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like I won't be making it frown

#318487 - 18/04/05 05:10 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Looks like I won't be making it frown
Well, that just sucks. [Crybaby]

#318488 - 18/04/05 06:52 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Yzerman Offline

Here is an email that I just received from someone actually doing the tri this weekend. Thought I would share it all.

Hi,

I’m a triathlete that will be racing in the AZ Xtreme Desert Xterra tri this coming weekend. I was doing a search on the net to see if there was any additional info on the race, and came across the AZ Xterra club site and saw that your group is volunteering for the race. I just wanted to give you all a big THANK YOU for volunteering and supporting the race. This really means a lot to each and every racer. Without the volunteers making sure we stay on course we’d probably end up tripping around aimlessly in the desert, which certainly isn’t fun (or safe). I pre-rode the course on my mountain bike last weekend, and having course marshals keeping us on track will be a big help. We also really appreciate the water hand-ups and the cheering from each volunteer. This is definitely a challenging course, so every bit of encouragement we hear helps us keep pushing through to the end.

I always try to thank each volunteer that I see out on the course, but just wanted to write and thank your entire group. You make our races possible!

#318489 - 18/04/05 06:57 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] smile

#318490 - 18/04/05 09:22 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet nice to be wanted [ThumbsUp]

#318491 - 19/04/05 03:40 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Thats cool. [ThumbsUp]

#318492 - 19/04/05 04:32 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
defibvt Offline

Ok, just a question for those who are going to be camping Saturday night. I remember something about pizza and beer Saturday for dinner. Am I right? If not, what should I bring. I have nice propane stove and other camping gear if I need to bring it. Just let me know either here or PM. cool

#318493 - 19/04/05 04:52 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Anonymous
Unregistered

There'll be " Little Chocolate Donuts " for everyone, and it's served early [Huh?] . Rather than cooking up something other than coffee( smile ), plan on eating cliff bars or whatnot. We'll be individually stationed along the bike course at locations thousands of yards from each other, alone. Be sure to have your own individual coolers wtih your sunday afternoon stock of liquids and food. We'll of course all be connected via the FRS radios and CBs smile . Now , dinner Saturday nite of course is still open... I can cook it up if we all decide on one thing; Pork loin w/ cabbbage, apples, and onions on whipped parsnips. Grilled, marinated chicken w/ green chile sc and garlic mashed potatoes. Steaks w/ mush and onions in red wine butter, Jambalaya laugh ? Oor , screw you all wink Bring your spaghettios and see if I care :p
Saturday, I plan to eat junk food on the way out to the lake, maybe in Carefree/Sctsdl.. I'd like to grill outdoors one last time before the fire bans kick in too. Get my grill on laugh

#318494 - 19/04/05 05:20 PM Re: Xterra Tri 4/24
Accasbel Offline

Quote:
Ok, just a question for those who are going to be camping Saturday night. I remember something about pizza and beer Saturday for dinner. Am I right? If not, what should I bring. I have nice propane stove and other camping gear if I need to bring it. Just let me know either here or PM. cool
That's only if the organizors are bring'n it in, and only if we camp near enough to enjoy...

Quote:
Originally posted by dbax:

There'll be " Little Chocolate Donuts " for everyone, and it's served early [Huh?] . Rather than cooking up something other than coffee( [Smile] ), plan on eating cliff bars or whatnot. We'll be individually stationed along the bike course at locations thousands of yards from each other, alone. Be sure to have your own individual coolers wtih your sunday afternoon stock of liquids and food. We'll of course all be connected via the FRS radios and CBs [Smile] . Now , dinner Saturday nite of course is still open... I can cook it up if we all decide on one thing; Pork loin w/ cabbbage, apples, and onions on whipped parsnips. Grilled, marinated chicken w/ green chile sc and garlic mashed potatoes. Steaks w/ mush and onions in red wine butter, Jambalaya [Big Grin] ? Oor , screw you all [Wink] Bring your spaghettios and see if I care [Razz]
Saturday, I plan to eat junk food on the way out to the lake, maybe in Carefree/Sctsdl.. I'd like to grill outdoors one last time before the fire bans kick in too. Get my grill on [Big Grin]
I'll pitch-in some dollars for Dan's Saturday night cook'n. My choice in order of preference:
1) Grilled, marinated chicken w/ green chile sc and garlic mashed potatoes.
2) Pork loin w/ cabbbage, apples, and onions on whipped parsnips.
3) Steaks w/ mush and onions in red wine butter.
4) Jambalaya

As for Sunday breakfast, we plan on doing our normal skillet of sausage or chorizo, eggs, onions, garlic, chese, and burritos. There's always enough for a few people, but maybe not everyone.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal