2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318593 - 31/05/05 07:45 AM June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the June Meeting at Peoria? Did whomever was trying to get a location on the East side back in May have any luck?

#318594 - 31/05/05 09:12 AM Re: June Meeting
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Gabe is out of town at MOAB. He has the answers.

#318595 - 31/05/05 09:40 AM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

no still here laugh . Yes I tried to move the May meeting further south and east but the dealership I had in mind was not able to accomodate. Anyways the meeting for June is tenatively scheduled for June 17 which happens to be my anniversary eek so it might have to be moved to the weekend prior the 10th the day before the next xcursion to the clean up. And yes it is Peoria Nissan month, but next month (July) I have a plan for a Mesa dealership.

#318596 - 31/05/05 12:41 PM Re: June Meeting
defibvt Offline

Thought you went to MOAB?

On a side note my X is at Peoria Nissan. It won't start. Good thing I have the warrantee.

#318597 - 31/05/05 02:24 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least the push wasn't too far. [Freak]
Sorry to hear your baby is sick. [Crybaby]

#318598 - 31/05/05 02:48 PM Re: June Meeting
defibvt Offline

All better. Just a hiccup in the road of modifications.

#318599 - 31/05/05 03:19 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been having some gearbox issues with mine. She'll probably have to go to the dealership soon to find out what the problem is. My waranteee doesn't touch anything related to the Clutch tho frown Just doesn't wanna shift into 1st, might be due to the recent fluid change tho. So I may try just replacing the fluid to start with with the regular Nissan stuff.

#318600 - 31/05/05 07:19 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it not wanting to go into gear while rolling or at a stop? I know if you use to high of a viscosity fluid it can cause problems, also if your clutch's slave cylinder is low on fluid or has an air bubble that will cause shifting problems. Good luck and while your at it check your timing. Mine was off by about 4 degrees too much advance... Much more power now!

#318601 - 31/05/05 07:31 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems to have happened in line with the Tranny fluid change. The fluid that came out was pretty nasty n black, but I put the reccomended GL-4 Spec fluid back in - Royal Purple Synthetic. I'll change it out again tho, as that will flush out the rest of the dirt with the cleanish stuff. I was going to change it again in about 10k miles after seeing how black the stuff that came out was. Didn't appear to be much metalic stuff stuck to the magnet tho, so I don't think there is any internal gearbox wear. I guess I'll see if that is the case when I change the fluid again, after cleaning off the magnet before it went back in.

We'll see. Hope it isn't a problem, but that would be a good excuse to trade it and get my 4x4 tho! smile

#318602 - 31/05/05 07:39 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck with that argument. [LOL] [Argue]
Does the shifting get better when the tranny is Hot? If so, I think you don't have much to worry about unless it pops out of gear. eek

#318603 - 31/05/05 08:18 PM Re: June Meeting
defibvt Offline

I would suggest tranny flush rather than drain and fill. It will clean out more things that arent suppose to be there. Just my $.02.

#318604 - 31/05/05 10:24 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there a date set for June meeting if so please post as i would like to be there. Waldo

#318605 - 31/05/05 10:34 PM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by waldo:
Is there a date set for June meeting if so please post as i would like to be there. Waldo
Sure thing Waldo we have it for the 10th of June at Peoria Nissan located at 91st Ave. and Bell road 2 miles west of the 101 freeway and Bell.

RINKY!!! (just wanted to get your attention) since I am working at the dealership now I want to let you know that I talked with one of the Technicans today about your problem, he said he saw one in yesterday that had completely lost 1st gear, the ring itself was busted, he actually had to rebuild it. He first suggested changing the fluid back to the Nissan Spec fluid. Then if that doesn't work have the clutch looked at (slave cylinder) he said it might not be allowing the truck to shift properly. Last resort have it looked at for a busted gear.

#318606 - 01/06/05 05:24 AM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see that the date has changed for the June Meeting. Unfortunately for me I have to play Army that weekend and Wont be available to attend. Might want to update the website as it still has the original date of the 17th of June. frown

#318607 - 01/06/05 07:36 AM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Good luck with that argument. [LOL] [Argue]
Does the shifting get better when the tranny is Hot? If so, I think you don't have much to worry about unless it pops out of gear. eek
Nope. Actually shifts better when it is cold! Once it warms up it gets worse. First thing in the morning it seems to work better.

#318608 - 01/06/05 07:43 AM Re: June Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
Originally posted by waldo:
[b]Is there a date set for June meeting if so please post as i would like to be there. Waldo
Sure thing Waldo we have it for the 10th of June at Peoria Nissan located at 91st Ave. and Bell road 2 miles west of the 101 freeway and Bell.

RINKY!!! (just wanted to get your attention) since I am working at the dealership now I want to let you know that I talked with one of the Technicans today about your problem, he said he saw one in yesterday that had completely lost 1st gear, the ring itself was busted, he actually had to rebuild it. He first suggested changing the fluid back to the Nissan Spec fluid. Then if that doesn't work have the clutch looked at (slave cylinder) he said it might not be allowing the truck to shift properly. Last resort have it looked at for a busted gear.[/b]
I'm fully aware of the issue with 1st gear dying. That's why I'm panicing so much about it! Seems to be a not so uncommon problem with the 5 speed box. That might actually be something my useless waranteee would cover tho.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna switch back to the Nissan stuff and see if that helps. Should have just done that in the first place, but everyone was raving about Royal Purple & Redline Synthetic fluid on here that I thought I'd follow their advice.

Heading up to Prescott this weekend on a camping trip so its gonna have to wait until I get back. If your aniversary is on the 17th, bring her out to a nice Owners club meeting! I'm sure she'd appreciate that.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal