shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318792 - 04/04/03 09:19 AM Sun Deflector questions
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
I believe that they call them Sun Deflectors (excuse my ignorance, Merridi has to all the time), but I'm talking about that thing you put in front window of your Xterra (when your not driving) to help keep the sun out. I never needed one in IL, so I don't have one. I'm guessing that I'm going to start needing it within a month or so. [Spit]

Anyone know what size sun deflector to get and which ones work the best?

#318793 - 04/04/03 11:30 AM Re: Sun Deflector questions
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
I just got the one that folds like an accordian- I don't remember if it has a size~

Don't get the round ones that fold wierd into a circular thing. They suck!!

#318794 - 04/04/03 01:14 PM Re: Sun Deflector questions
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
You'll have to check out the one I've got Jim, it's made by Eclipse. It mounts on the inside of the glass on each side of the windshield and pulls out from each side when in use and retracts back to each side when not in use. I sell them here at Childress for $42.95 but will give you one for cost plus 10%, which won't be a huge break because I don't mark them up very much. They work great, best one one the market as far as I'm concerned. You're never looking for a place to put the sunshade or having to jack with twist and folding one to put it away.

If you decide you don't like that style, I have many others to choose from.

#318795 - 04/04/03 01:15 PM Re: Sun Deflector questions
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Sunshade. Costco has great ones that are thick insulated with reflective stuff on the outside. I've had many and I like these the best.

If you aren't a Costco member, I think Checker or Pep Boys will have them as well.

And Brian is correct when he says stay away from the circular fold up ones. IMO they suck.

#318796 - 04/04/03 01:57 PM Re: Sun Deflector questions
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
I'll take a look at the one you have Mike. I'm sure I can find it on the web somewhere. Do you notice it much (it sounds like it mounts to the window or something along the edge)?

#318797 - 04/04/03 03:12 PM Re: Sun Deflector questions
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
I'll take a look at the one you have Mike. I'm sure I can find it on the web somewhere. Do you notice it much (it sounds like it mounts to the window or something along the edge)?
4 peel and sticks on the windshield at the edge. Both units pop right out for cleaning or what have you. They're about an inch wide at both sides, not too noticable.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal