2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319491 - 20/12/03 07:40 PM A three hour tour..
Anonymous
Unregistered

TremorX, Yellow Gecko, and DBAX met at 9 am for a little happy-fun time on Table Mesa road today. Not having heard of or driven "TERMINATOR", when the guy (who shall be thanked later) in the trailered, lifted, and locked CJ said he'd show us the trailhead and go from there, we said, uhh, OK. eek
It's only aboot a mile and one half. Some of the nastiest, roughest, most technical driving I've ever had the pleasure(?) to do. I'd be willing to bet Travis and I are the ONLY two XTERRA'S to EVER have finished this trail. Quite frankly, we should have NEVER been on this sick and wrong, boulder field/vertical wall, metal twisting, glass shattering monster.(more on that in a minute)
I'd personally like to first thank Joel Jonson(Jeep guy) for putting up with us all day. He said he normally finishes the trail in under an hour, but today... Trailhead at 9:45am, on the road home (to air up anyways) around 6 pm.. Well, I'm just happy he had the winch at the ready and lent a hand stacking rocks when needed, helped with spotting and was a very pleasant fellow. Something about missing his 5:00 dinner with the wife and being rushed to get home to suit up to see some Christmas pageant tonite. Again, Thanks Joel, the beers are on me [Wave]
Joel led the way, stopping to spot, tug, or stack when needed. Travis did (as usual) a great job of spotting for me as I brought up the rear(Michael rode with me).There were plenty of tippy spots, both sideways and front to back, and some really nasty tight spots too.
Now, speaking for myself alone, my damage is as follows-
*One shattered drivers side mirror(tippy spot left)
*One broken off passenger side mirror(tippy spot right)
*One broken XTERRA HAUS slider (yup, snapped one of the braces clean off)
*A large and long gouge-type wound to the passenger door (now, who would put a tree there? )
*You've seen my brushguard and you love it, well, it sure took a beating today [LOL] Needless to say, I just couldn't get the darned thing to tear off..It's stilll there :rolleyes:
*I also mashed some undercarriage stuff (T-bar shroud, leaf spring holder jobby, etc.)
*And lastly, just for good measure, while hitting some flat dirt and spinning the tires, had a blowout. No bees, no rocks, just a good ol' fashioned shredded tire [Freak]
Would I do it again, you betcha' laugh . It'll just have to be in a month or two when I've got a winch bumper, a lift, and the taste of replacement mirrors out of my mouth.. [ThumbsUp]
I'm really sorry some of you weren't there to do this too, the AZXC is a great bunch and I know you'd eat it up too. laugh
There's some great pics too follow and I just wanna' say thanks again to Travis, Michael, and Joel. Had a great day today, Life is good.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

#319492 - 20/12/03 08:08 PM Re: A three hour tour..
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Me? Stuck in the sand? Who would EVER believe that!?! You have no proof! Plausible deniability!

Here's a few pics:

I'll post the rest later.

#319493 - 21/12/03 10:54 AM Re: A three hour tour..
Anonymous
Unregistered

I googled this page and link. Upper Terminator Ahh, it seems like it was only yesterday..

#319494 - 21/12/03 11:47 AM Re: A three hour tour..
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Dan,

Now you're just trying to outdo me with your damage I think... wink

Sounds like you guys had a blast, I'm sad I missed it. I was in a poker tournament yesterday and got bounced in about 1/2 an hour...I should have skipped it and gone with you guys.

Mark

#319495 - 22/12/03 01:31 AM Re: A three hour tour..
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
eek

wow, glad you only had minor damage...

good show guys, im not even touchin terminator in my jeep until i switch the 3" lift for a 6" and 33's

and lockers

definately lockers.

regardless thats a great show man

you have concured one of the toughest trails in az.

#319496 - 22/12/03 07:21 AM Re: A three hour tour..
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
A couple of us in AZXC have walked that trail before and I have to say, I'm stunned that you guys even tried it.
I guess I would have to be flabbergasted that you made it!!

I wonder if we're talking about the same trail.
The pics above look like the beginning of the trail. Do you have any pictures after those?

#319497 - 22/12/03 07:59 AM Re: A three hour tour..
TremorX Offline

Here's a few; as for the rest, I still have to resize them. I'll post them tonight.

#319498 - 22/12/03 02:39 PM Re: A three hour tour..
Anonymous
Unregistered

More! More! It puts the pictures on the screen! [Freak]

#319499 - 22/12/03 04:51 PM Re: A three hour tour..
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Wow- I'm thoroughly impressed. But, there's no way in hell that the Xrock is ever doing that trail !

My resolution for 2004 is to be nice to the X- She's taken quite a bit of abuse over these last 3 years.

That and I'm thinking of trading up to the Armada or Titan at the beginning of summer. I love that 305 hp and all the room. We went and looked at them today.

I digress- My hats off to you boys!! [ThumbsUp]

#319500 - 23/12/03 07:47 AM Re: A three hour tour..
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
What a day! More More More pics! Next time though we need to take the video camera. Good job guys and thanks for a wonderful day.

#319501 - 23/12/03 12:22 PM Re: A three hour tour..
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Nice pictures!!! in the second set did some blow a tire or an engine? anyway well have to get together as in clubs together to do some wheeling Merry Christmas and a have a safe Happy New Year [Wave]

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#319502 - 23/12/03 01:19 PM Re: A three hour tour..
TremorX Offline

Nothin' blown, just a lot of spinning!

#319503 - 23/12/03 06:06 PM Re: A three hour tour..
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
You guys had no business on that trail, equipped the way you are. You are lucky to escape with the damage you have.

That said, congratulations on making it, for nutting it up and taking the damage with a good attitude.

[Smoking]

#319504 - 23/12/03 07:01 PM Re: A three hour tour..
TremorX Offline

#319505 - 23/12/03 07:31 PM Re: A three hour tour..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the new wallpaper laugh [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal