shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319565 - 29/10/03 10:10 AM Redington Pass
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
All - We are going to be in Tucson for the week of Thanksgiving. We were planning on driving Redington Pass to San Manuel on, or about, the 24th of November. If any of y'all are interested, shoot me an email.

Scott
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#319566 - 29/10/03 10:45 AM Re: Redington Pass
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Scott - most of us are in the Phoenix area, but there are a couple AZXCers down in the Tucson area as well.

#319567 - 30/10/03 10:22 PM Re: Redington Pass
ranchosinvacas Offline

Loc: tucson az
Once you get to San Manuel you could take the county road back up to Oracle. From Oracle you could then take the Mt Lemmon road back up into the mountain and then take the Catalina highway back down to Tucson. That would be an all day trip, but you would see new country each way. Or from San Manuel you could go south back down to Benson and catch the I-10 back into Tucson. All the un-paved routes that I mentioned are county maintained dirt roads.
The Reddington road from Tucson is rutted and bumpy (also called Tanque Verde Pass road), but does not require 4-wheel drive...I just drove it 2 weeks ago. Since the Aspen Fire this summer, the back road from Oracle to Mt Lemmon has changed a bit (also called The Control Road by some old timers) , check locally to find about conditions. The road down to Benson runs next to the San Pedro river most of the way but is paved for the last couple of miles before getting to the town of Pomerene just outside of the town Benson. Enjoy your visit

#319568 - 31/10/03 05:28 AM Re: Redington Pass
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Yeah, when I used to live in Tucson we used to drive up Redington all the time. I think this time though, once, we hit San Manuel, we are going to go west to Oracle and back to town. Or we may just drive the whole trip 'in reverse' as my parents live just three miles from where Tanque Verde turns into Redington. We shall see.

Hadn't thought about the back way up the Catalinas, may have to consider that one... smile
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal