shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320763 - 05/07/08 08:25 PM Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was out around Picket Post Mountain and Whitlow Dam areas on the 4th to get close to the monsoon clouds. Did not really do too much wheeling as most of our time was spent shooting images.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3166/2637815713_33397207c1.jpg?v=0[/img]

#320764 - 05/07/08 09:06 PM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great shots, I hope to have you autograph a copy of your newly published works,someday soon. Either all photo compilation or including exploring narative. Have you ever been published? If not Az Highways or Sunset magazine should see your work. Thx Harry [ThumbsUp]

#320765 - 05/07/08 10:10 PM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for sharing

#320766 - 05/07/08 10:19 PM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Havnt been published as yet.
Two books pending publishing, one will be a reprint about anasazi and another will be a horned toad lizard book.

So anyone have any ideas about good trails out in that area?

#320767 - 06/07/08 01:37 PM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Going back to that area today, to see what I can see.
No real plans other then NF172 and NF650, where ever those might lead.

#320768 - 07/07/08 07:28 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its an awesome trail, NF650 up into the Superstition Wilderness.

#320769 - 07/07/08 08:38 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You take some great Pics. thanks for posting them up.

#320770 - 07/07/08 09:28 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those switchbacks are on the Montana Mountain trail.

We had that back on AZ Run IV. Those switchbacks are where we'd found an old guy who'd rolled his quad off the hill. Over 30 minutes of CPR later, we lost him before the medevac chopper could get there. That was a real bummer.

I do like that trail though, as easy as it is.

Your photos are fantastic. Keep them coming!

#320771 - 07/07/08 09:48 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, just wow on that panoramic! [ThumbsUp]

#320772 - 07/07/08 10:48 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can see how someone could roll on these switch backs.
No room for error on this road.
I dont see how anything bigger then an Xterra could make it up that mountain on that trail, there was just enough room for our X to clear the turn without having to back up.
Going back out that way soon. There are a lot more roads we havnt seen and monsoon season is a great time go get out there, seems to be very little in the way of other traffic compared to somewhere like Fourpeaks or Table Mesa.

#320773 - 07/07/08 04:25 PM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me know when you go, I'd love to tag along for the views. And to get some mud on the tires wink

#320774 - 10/07/08 09:55 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fangars:
I can see how someone could roll on these switch backs.
No room for error on this road.
I dont see how anything bigger then an Xterra could make it up that mountain on that trail, there was just enough room for our X to clear the turn without having to back up.
Going back out that way soon. There are a lot more roads we havnt seen and monsoon season is a great time go get out there, seems to be very little in the way of other traffic compared to somewhere like Fourpeaks or Table Mesa.
Post up when you are planning on going again (this Saturday, for example smile I'd love to join.

#320775 - 10/07/08 10:21 AM Re: Anyone know any good trails to explore around the Whitlow Dam area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, those switchbacks are cake. Go up to Ouray and run Black Bear if you want to see tight switchbacks with impending doom if you overshoot.

The guy who killed himself was actually on a quad, not a truck. You don't want to know how fast I went up those switchbacks that day to get a cell phone signal to dial 911.

one was a 5 pt turn for me.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal