shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#321778 - 22/08/06 12:11 PM Sedona Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

I go hiking 2 times a year for 5 days with 3 other guys. Fall hike we are going to Sedona AZ. We are looking for great scenery and some wooded areas. We plan to be there October 21 - 25.
I will be taking the Xterra. Anyone been there or live there that can offer suggestions? I have the National Geographic Topo map Software on Arizona so if you give me coordinates I can find it.

MANY THANKS for your help

Chuck K

#321779 - 22/08/06 04:17 PM Re: Sedona Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

chuck k Me and my family just went up there couple of weeks ago.First thing is get a red rock pass it is required so you can park and hike to most of the places in sedona and surrounding area the money goes to all the cost to keep these areas open. I got my pass on dry creek road it is one of the first turn out on the road to devils bridge and if you stay on that road it takes you back to some indian ruins. I will tell you driving to the ruins you will start wondering if you are on the right road then you come to fence that says something ranch (I forget the name) you can hike right there too looks like a nice trail, but keep going it is not far from there. Sedona has so much to do.Before the ruins we hiked devils bridge alot of fun. exciting standing on top of that arch. also went to see indian ruins I forget the name they are from 1100 A.D. here is a site that should help you Coconino National Forest-devils bridge . Schnebly Hill is a nice drive too all off-road 2 wheel friendly. You can do broken arrow. Broken Arrow hopefully this last site should have some good info for ya have fun and watch out for the pink jeeps. [LOL] [Too much XOC] [LOL]

#321780 - 22/08/06 04:29 PM Re: Sedona Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry just noticed the last site I posted you need to be a member to get directions just do a google search or maybe some can post up for ya.

#321781 - 22/08/06 07:11 PM Re: Sedona Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chuck-

Are you interested in dayhikes, car camping, or some backpacking. Sedona has alot of great dayhikes but some of the car camping and backpacking can be fairly limited. A great resource for hikes in Arizona is this...

Hike Arizona

Tremendous amount of hike reviews and information. Its a great reasource. Any specific questions, hit the forums and one of us many would be more than happy to help point you in the right direction.

#321782 - 22/08/06 08:27 PM Re: Sedona Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

DesertRouX,
We are interested in day hikes. We will be taking the Xterra to enable us to get futher down the road to our hiking. Taking the Xterra also allows us to see more in one day.

We will be staying in the area, a motel,or something like that.

slmh1296,
I think I found the "Broken Arrow" you were talking about.
www.roadrunner4wheelers.org/arrow/index.html That it? Thanks for the advise on getting the Red Rock Pass

Chuck k

#321783 - 22/08/06 10:29 PM Re: Sedona Trip
Anonymous
Unregistered

Broken Arrow is a must if you plan to do some wheelin.

Schnebley hill is a great road that name alone brings alot of history to the area.

West Fork of Oak Creek is an awesome hike. You can get about 3 miles in before your going to half to get a little wet. Being your going in october that might be a good little day hike then some lunch at the brewery or perhaps catch some dinner at the trout farm.

Red Rock pass works at most public areas, but not at some of the more visited parks. Red Rock Crossing and Call of the Canyon are NOT covered by the RR pass. Both are well worth the visit though.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal