2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322218 - 16/05/05 08:06 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Might come out and visit Saturday afternoon when it heats up. Conundrum does your cell work out there, if so keep it handy

#322219 - 16/05/05 09:07 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool, It works, but only if I stand on one certain Rock... So I will have the FRS tuned to 14-0 and that should work just fine. Be sure to look at the first post for more information. Thanks, And I'll see ya there!

#322220 - 16/05/05 08:28 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That 'special rock' you stand on that gives you a better signal. Maybe we should crack that open and check for gold! smile

#322221 - 17/05/05 06:46 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
That 'special rock' you stand on that gives you a better signal. Maybe we should crack that open and check for gold! smile
HMMM... Never thought of that. I like doing my impression of the Karate Kid to get the signal... [LOL]

I guess it's going to be just us up there so I'm going to take my pooches too. Does your dog get along with others, Mine are very aggressive at first and then just want to play themselves to death.

I'll see ya later. [Wave]

#322222 - 17/05/05 07:40 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just shaved my dogs coat - So he looks like a scrawny rat at the moment. He gets along well with other dogs, quite possibly the most passive animal on the planet. I once tried forcing him to bite me, by really pissing him off. Just to see how he would react before we had our baby. The most I could manage was a a growl before he ran off. We always take him camping with our friends dogs and we've never had problems.

#322223 - 17/05/05 07:51 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool, I'm sure they'll be good with each other. [ThumbsUp]

#322224 - 18/05/05 10:11 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems I underestimated the heat for this weekend down here in the Valley. Weather forcast this morning says 108-110° for Saturday and 108-112° on Sunday.

We'll be basking in the low 80's, while you guys down here Fry. Shame more of you can't make it! smile

#322225 - 18/05/05 06:49 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Conundrum you have a PM.

I should be there Friday evening now instead of Saturday morning.

#322226 - 18/05/05 08:41 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Conundrum you have a PM.

I should be there Friday evening now instead of Saturday morning.
Cool I'll check my PM. One Back at ya! We can bask together in the cool breezy weather and listen to the water trickle by. At least in between "WE STRUCK THE MOTHERLOAD!" Exclamations. [ThumbsUp]

#322227 - 19/05/05 12:26 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gettin' Ready. I'm hooked up to my friends Trailer (which may still be for sale) and towed it to work this morning to lubricate the bearings and see if the tires would blow. No problems and hardly noticed it there. First time towing with the X and I have to say it is great so far. We'll see when it is loaded down with my gear. I'm also bringing my ATC to play around or shuttle up and down the hill to open the gate if Defibvts comes up. I'm sorry this was a very unorganized event/excursion and I hope to do better in the future if given the opportunity. MOAB really screwed me and I couldn't get the Website updated with a link to this thread.

See those who come up tomorrow or Sat. Have a great weekend guys. [Wave]

#322228 - 19/05/05 01:52 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

A trailer would be so much easier. Might try and fine me an old used one or somethin for times like these. I'll be there before 7pm tomorrow evening hopefully, getting off work at 3. 30 mins to get home / an hour to pack, then how ever long it takes me during afternoon rush hour to get up there. My newly purchased FRS will be on when we get close.

#322229 - 19/05/05 02:46 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool, See you there and I think you'll be there around 6 or earlier. [ThumbsUp] Oh, Wait you're on the East side? Maybe 7 will be more correct. If you can do the loop 101 to the 17 and then the only major traffic you'll run into is the people going North to get off at Carefree Hwy. I don't know of any other way around that from your side of town.

#322230 - 20/05/05 07:45 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Leaving right now. See ya up there Rinky. [ThumbsUp]

#322231 - 20/05/05 07:53 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Goog luck. Accident on the I17 on this mornings traffic report. 5 mile long line, wheels fell off of someones trailer. I'll be there before dark, get that fire burnin and the food cookin! smile

#322232 - 20/05/05 11:17 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Goog luck. Accident on the I17 on this mornings traffic report. 5 mile long line, wheels fell off of someones trailer. I'll be there before dark, get that fire burnin and the food cookin! smile
Is that what that was all about? I can see I-17 from my office and up until about an hour ago it was a parking lot. Even at 6:30 it was all backed up.

Was going to try and make it this weekend, but we have a B-day party for a family member we have to go to. frown

Have fun.

#322233 - 21/05/05 11:40 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Well, I got the chance to stop out at the claim this afternoon. It was worth the drive. It is a beautiful spot with lots of camping areas. You could smell the pines and hear the brook right next to the campsite. The water was the perfect temp to cool off and I almost wanted to jump in but alas I had no swim suit.

Thanks Adam for opening up the site to us. I even got to see some real gold up close and personal.

All in all it was a good day. Help NOSUP4U do some mods to his truck and escaped some of the heat in a mountainous region.

#322234 - 22/05/05 01:24 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welp, made it back with no problems. Thanks for stopping by Scott, sorry you couldn't stay longer. Thanks for Camping with us Roger. We'll have to do it again soon. I almost wanted to turn back when I saw 109 on the outside temp guage! [LOL] It was only 87 at the campsite. I'll try and get a few picts up later. After a shower and a nap.

#322235 - 22/05/05 02:08 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well my apologies for not making it up Adam, Wanted to head out this morning(sunday) but overslept. sounds like it was the place to be this weekend though, So are you all millionaires now? Maybe we can arrange another weekend up there soon for just a camp out, sounds like the place to be during the hot temps. cool

#322236 - 22/05/05 03:41 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Myself and my family had an amazing time. Thank you again Adam. The wife was a little scared about the road down to the camp, but she got over that and says she would deffinately do it again.

Can't think of a better place to spend time, it was amazing. Got home and my Hard Drive had taken a crap, so just got up and running on spare HD I had laying around, or I would have posted sooner.

Got there on Friday evening, just as the sun was setting about 7pm. Traffic on the I17 & 101 was a nightmare, but we made it before dark. Adam kindly headed up on his ATC to meet us at the gate, wife instantly went into shock when she saw the turn onto the Camp road. I'm glad it was daylight still, would have been much scarier in the dark. Headed down the rocky drive into the camp area and the fire was already burning, step out of my X and am in a state of amazement at how cool this place is, you can hear the river running over the rocks in the background.

We unpacked quickly so we could get the tent up before dark, then we relaxed by the fire and had a few beers. Our dog Bean got to know Adams 2 dogs and they all got along swimmingly. Slept like a log with the noise of the river only 30ft away.

Woke upat around 6:30am. Had an amazing breakfast of Eggs, Sausages, Potatoes, Bacon and Biscuits (cooked in the Dutch Oven on the fire) by Adam and his wife. A hearty breakfast for the days Gold Mining. Adam already had a bucket of gravel to pan, that he dug the previous morning. So we worked our way through that bucket and found a couple of pieces of gold in there. We then decided to dig under some tree roots on the rivers edge, where we figured there should be a good haul. We emptied the mud / rock into the sluce in the river. After a lunch of grilled shrimp and some snacks, we then emptied the sluce and we started panning. The first pan I believe Adam found 2 pieces of gold, followed by me finding a piece in my pan. The final pan wielded another 4 or 5 pieces. It feels very rewarding to actually find it in the pan, as Adam said "You know it when you see it". You can see the golden shine quite easily.

For dinner Adam and family cooked what I must say was by far the best Chili I've ever tasted. We then had a few more beers and huddled around the camp fire as the temperature dropped. Night time temp was probably around 50°.

This morning, sadly it was time to go. My wife didn't sleep so well as she was panicing about the trip back up the hill, but after packing and saying our goodbyes we made it up without any problems. I took the line to the right at the top of the hill Adam, making sure the big hole was between my wheels. It was easier to keep up the momentum that way. Lindsay my wife admitted that she had been scared about nothing, we radioed back to Adam to let him know we made it and headed home. Trip home to Mesa took 1h45min, got out of the car and wished I was back at the camp.

Thank you again Adam for an amazing weekend.

Photos are off of the camera and are slowly being uploaded to http://www.rinky.us/coppermine/

#322237 - 22/05/05 05:37 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

#322238 - 22/05/05 09:12 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam and Joanie, panning for some gold, bought some nice land, I'm sure you're happy it was sold.. Those are great pics (I especially liked Jaqueline riding the sheperd smile ) It seems like ya'll had a great time, and beat the heat to boot. After coming in from re-adjusting my T-bars just now, (had to let 'em settle again..) looking at this photo made me actually feel cooler smile I'd gladly be a guest up there anytime.

#322239 - 23/05/05 05:38 AM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pictures roger... It sure did look cooler than the valley. looks like a nice area for camping also, [ThumbsUp]

#322240 - 23/05/05 12:02 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice Picts Roger. I'm actually at work enjoying the left over chili. El Cid Chili. I'll try to get a couple of my own up today when I get home.
Thanks for the nice writeup and I wish more could have come out. Maybe Next time. [ThumbsUp]

#322241 - 23/05/05 08:28 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That chili was damn good. My June weekends are pretty much fully booked, looks like July before we'd be able to make it out there again. Just say the word tho and I'm there. Bringing my swimming shorts next time tho for a dip in the creek.

#322242 - 24/05/05 05:32 PM Re: Claim Run/Camping May 20th - 22nd (Sept TOO)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's a few Pictures of my own. Sorry I didn't take more.

That's my Dog. Good Boy! I didn't even see her climb aboard, but it was soo cute and I can't beleive he let her do it.

Here's a couple of shots of My Creek spiders.

Here's us getting unpacked and starting to setup camp.

Last but not least and My Favorite. My X.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal