A buddy of mine's here from Portland, wanted to go for a ride so we met and left for Sedona today. Gonna' show him Broken Arrow, grab lunch and go cool . Got there at 6:15-30. Anyone ever run B/A in the dark? Different.. Saw mule deer and hot swedish hiker woman, RRRoowwrr. I went up, over and down the "big" rock twice when buddy says,"hey, lemme' get a pic of the truck coming down this huge frigging rock". So I says "sure". While he's taking the pic (from the driver's side) my passenger front bumper(the plastic part) is being mashed on that stupid boulder at the bottom left of the "BIG" rock upon descent. It popped back out.. (I already had no fog lights :rolleyes: ) In hindsight, I photograph better from the right too, dammit [Laughing] . Shoulda been on the other side. [Laughing] Trail was pretty slow until, oh, 8:30-9 when 7 or 8 jeeps from the BARRABEE? JEEP CLUB (San Diego) rolled up. Nice bunch, said hi [Wave] .
We left to go in town for a bite and kinda stumbled on Soldier Pass road today and ran the trail. Very Beautiful, short and easy. The Devils Kitchen is cool, maybe drop in a deer or two, like a giant terrarium.. The ponds were all full (not flowing) and two were iced over. laugh An excellent "tack-on" run when in Rome, er, Sedona. I think it beats Greasy Spoon.. [Uh Oh !]
Then I left to have my truck "automated" at the dealership (no big whoop), it was done within an hour. Service dude checks the VIN on DBAX and points out all window regulators are now covered 100% under new recall.Whoo-Hooo. Service dudes name is Michael Lang and he's given me lots of cards to give to AZXC soz we can get repairs. I'll bring 'em to the lake, and leave leftovers for next mtg.

Oh, the cornbread. Man that's good stuff. Chili done? laugh

Hasta Manana Amigos and to the Folks who read this and didn't come camping or show up at the next mtg., What's wrong with you!? NO, uh, oh, Have a safe, healthy, and blessed new year!!