2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323026 - 23/08/05 07:57 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
What size tires are on it (or will be on it)?
Right now there're 6 OE 6X16 wheels (4 powdercoated blue) wearing 28 inch tires.

I'm thinking of going SOA and rockin' some fodeez. Yeah baby, can you say "R-tick, you late?" [Smoking]

Ps, I know you two liked Shoki, Say hello smile

#323027 - 23/08/05 08:36 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
It's no Land Cruiser, but.... it'll do wink Congrats!

#323028 - 23/08/05 08:39 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

We'll have to see who goes slower eh? laugh
BTW, I don't remember congratulating YOU yet.. [ThumbsUp] Have you slept yet wink ?

#323029 - 04/09/05 12:26 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
So I don't turn this into a "Scout" forum, I'll just add my crap here. laugh

Just got a new bumper from a guy who was at the Alameda Naval Station in the Bay Area (old Sticker left on it).

Anyway, got the old one off and the new freshly sanded/painted one on. Old one is going on the back since there's nothing there. It looks pretty beefy, but the mounting points are not much better than a stock xterra bumper for "tugging" purposes. If/when I add my M8000 I'll need some sort of custom mount so no one is killed. eek As for now, any "extractions" will be done using points on the frame. smile

Dan - what have you done? laugh wink

oh, got the steering wheel on too!

#323030 - 04/09/05 12:33 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya' know, honestly nothing. I really want to get gears for the X first, and a snorkle so I feel like I finished what I set out to do originally. Than, the Scout's pretty much good to go. I'll have to bolt down the body pieces with all new hardware, plumb the fuel tanks, run the electrical, replace front window, and maybe get a new exhaust. It's a fairly short list, now. I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings. (SL, 40z, 302 w/ fuel inj, 6 pt rollcage and sparco seats with harnesses.. I'm sure there's more too [Freak] )

EDIT to add-
PS John, your junk's looking pretty darned good. [ThumbsUp] Does the '64 have the flop down window? I see the wiper gears up top there.. That's another thing I can get done when I start, mine are in a box in the truck. And a new steering wheel too.. Did you put those shackles on up front? How big are they?

Also, If you're working out here, (like anyone'd build any homes out here for sale :rolleyes: ) Call or come by and check it out. smile

#323031 - 04/09/05 12:40 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
I'll have to bolt down the body pieces with all new hardware, plumb the fuel tanks, run the electrical, replace front window, and maybe get a new exhaust. It's a fairly short list, now. I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings. (SL, 40z, 302 w/ fuel inj, 6 pt rollcage and sparco seats with harnesses.. I'm sure there's more too [Freak] )
That's it? wink You'll be done in no time!! laugh

I found a pair of leather seats from an 80's Integra for $50 on eBay yesterday. Need to go pick 'em up. I'll be driving a POS in STYLE!!

Let me know if you plan on any wrenching sessions on it soon (not too soon though - wife is being induced tomorrow for kid #2 laugh [Crybaby] ). Wouldn't mind lending a hand if I'm able to. [ThumbsUp]

Edit to answer your edit: Yes, my window folds down and attaches to that "u-bolt" on the hood. Any faster than 20 mph and it's too much wind in the face. It's pretty cool! laugh

Yeah, PM me your phone/address - I do get out there frequently. Rumor has it there's an XOCer who'll be in the area in "about 8-10 months". laugh

and one more edit: Yeah, the shackles are 2" lift shackes from southwest4x4.net. I think they're a bit too long (they'll catch on obstacles - if I ever go over any!), but for now they'll do...

#323032 - 04/09/05 12:46 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
1- Let me know if you plan on any wrenching sessions on it soon (not too soon though - 2- wife is being induced tomorrow for kid #2 ). 3- Wouldn't mind lending a hand if I'm able to.
1- You rock.
2- Congratulations!!
3- I'll let you know [ThumbsUp]

#323033 - 14/09/05 04:26 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

Got me some leather seats! Driver's seat is in, need to do some fabbin' for
the passenger side though...Damn they're comfy!!

Oh, the new addition arrived too. Little Terra was 8 1/2 pounds, 21 inches long, and healthy as can be. Now I've got about a zillion diapers to change in the near future. laugh (and less wrenching time... [Uh Oh !] )

#323034 - 14/09/05 08:04 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

OMG! Congratulations Schultz', you mean to say we've got two members families with daughters named TERRA now? [Laughing] Awesome!

#323035 - 14/09/05 10:25 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
OMG! Congratulations Schultz', you mean to say we've got two members families with daughters named TERRA now? [Laughing] Awesome!
No kiddin'?! Wait, was it Lee and Shana? I can't remember now - everybody's doin' it! wink

#323036 - 15/09/05 04:20 AM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam (Conundrum) and Joanie smile

#323037 - 15/09/05 07:38 AM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrat's CopyCat. :p laugh

I'm very happy for you guys. Enjoy those mustard looking diapers. [LOL]

#323038 - 15/09/05 08:55 AM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Back to topic, when's this Scout going on the trails???

#323039 - 15/09/05 09:09 AM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
Originally posted by Accasbel:
Congrats Conundrum! I now recall something along the lines of "Terra". My wife liked the name "Tara", but she actually thought "Terra" would be cool since it's different. wink

Back to the Scout stuff. I ordered wheels yesterday from Discount Tire - black rockcrawlers. laugh I'll actually have all the same sized tires as well as a spare (special thanks to Mike and Travis. [ThumbsUp] )

I have one more spring bushing to replace (total pain in the ass), then I may see if I can find dirt to try it out.

I did take it across the way to the school parking lot and in low range, 2wd it climbed (angled) over a curb w/o my foot on the gas. It was sweet - almost brought a tear to my eye. laugh

I only have one fuel tank hooked up and it's only 8 or 9 gallons (I think?). So the 5 gal can will always be with me in the back.

Then I really should dive into the fluids...I have leaks all over. It's only a real problem when it stops leaking. laugh

#323040 - 15/09/05 03:44 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I look forward to seeing it in action John.

#323041 - 15/09/05 04:31 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I only need to run the fuel lines, and do basic electric to turn it over laugh . Than, I should probably bolt together the body laugh . Of course I've got 4 matching wheels for it, powdercoated blue.. It might coulda' should get some new rubber too, what the heck? smile Right? Than take it to the shop and get it on the rack, get the fluids swapped and check out the undercarriage smile I'd like to throw on a 6 point cage too as the doors will stay off and be replaced by cool tubes w/ cargo webbing (think raingler..) Seats, harnesses, and a cupholder, and I should be good to go [ThumbsUp]

#323042 - 15/09/05 05:35 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Quote:
Quote:
I only need to run the fuel lines, and do basic electric to turn it over laugh . Than, I should probably bolt together the body laugh . Of course I've got 4 matching wheels for it, powdercoated blue.. It might coulda' should get some new rubber too, what the heck? smile Right? Than take it to the shop and get it on the rack, get the fluids swapped and check out the undercarriage smile I'd like to throw on a 6 point cage too as the doors will stay off and be replaced by cool tubes w/ cargo webbing (think raingler..) Seats, harnesses, and a cupholder, and I should be good to go [ThumbsUp]
So, does that mean 2 days, weeks, months, years, or decades? [Smoking]

#323043 - 15/09/05 06:29 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it's supposed to be a project for my nephew and I to share. He wants to help and it'll make my dad happy too. There's a list of things needing to be bought and also to be done. They're prioritized although I'm in no position at this time to attack the list head-on. I just finally got my garage cleaned up enough to get both trucks in last weekend. Now I've gotta' have a garage sale and sell what's left to make room for wrenchin'. Feel free to stop by anytime.. smile
Well, since my options are limited to 2s, I'll go with 2 months. Running, and ready to wheel [ThumbsUp]

#323044 - 27/09/05 10:41 AM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

If anyone else is tempted to get an ugly truck:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/100269646.html (lowered to $2 grand)

Update on my junk: New wheels and tires are on! (camera is broken still... :rolleyes: ) My passenger leather seat is almost done being mounted (fabbing some brackets...) and something showed up from Texas over the weekend - a Dana 30 & a 44 both already SOA'd with 3.73's. Just need brake shoes, a fuel line piece, and a drag link - and it will actually bolt right on. smile

Give me a month and it'll be done and on the road. Well, it's on the road now, but I'll need a weekend day to complete the swap. laugh

#323045 - 27/09/05 02:27 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, that white one looks pretty sweet. Going X shopping soon tho for an 05. So no Scout for me for a few years.

#323046 - 27/09/05 03:26 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome John! Will it still fit in the garage with the new axles/lift? What engine do you run anyways? smile

#323047 - 27/09/05 03:37 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe he has the 4cylinder Slant in his like yours has. I could however be mistaken.

#323048 - 27/09/05 03:42 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I believe he has the 4cylinder Slant in his like yours has. I could however be mistaken.
You are correct. No bigger than 33's for me! 152 cubic inches won't turn anything larger! smile
(I think you have the 4-cyl "196" though.)

It'll fit in the garage - it has to. The HOA will wonder what the hell is in my driveway if I don't. (Though I'm a board officer, so maybe I'll cut myself some slack if it's outside a night or two. laugh )

#323049 - 27/09/05 03:51 PM Re: The best Xmas ever !
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you're a '64 w/ the 152? Wow, these are two sweet American Classics dude.. I can't wait to get mine goin' too. Veterans day parades, the 4th of July..Good times laugh I'm thinking I'll keep the roof off of mine and have a large welded on rollcage fabbed up. Then, cover it with some type of ballistic webbing skin, think RAINGLER nets.. 33's may be the biggest option for these engines afterall..Get your s running soon, by say the 6-9th...

#323050 - 06/10/05 12:49 AM Re: The best Xmas ever !
johnnyx Offline
J

A couple recent pics. Still have a lot to do though...replace HARD brake line with soft one - previous owner "did the brakes"...nice work buddy. Metal lines don't flex... :rolleyes: Just glad I caught it before it "blew" while driving.

edit: so I started with this:

And it's now this:

Another that's a little big to display in the thread: http://homes-ariz.com/scout/images/int2.jpg

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal