shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#325003 - 28/04/06 07:11 AM Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm coming down to pick my sister up from NAU in Flagstaff, but will be staying in Pheonix. I'll be leaving here on the 6th of May and getting down there probably on the 8th. Any wheeling trips planned down there? Anyone want to go wheeling? Where are some good LEGAL local places in or around Pheonix or Flagstaff?

We're staying until the 10th, so I don't have TOO much time, but I'd like to get some time in on someone else's terrain. Mud can get a bit boring after a while....

#325004 - 28/04/06 09:20 AM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Broken Arrow in Sedona, which is a short drive off the highway between Flag and Phoenix, is the one you should do. Awesome views and landscape. The picture on the header of the AZXC was taken there. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get a few people up for doing that trail with you. Somebody's usually there about once a month.

Enjoy.

#325005 - 29/04/06 04:51 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, with all the people in the AZXC, would anyone be interested in going on a weekday run?!? I'll be busy on that Monday, but if people want to do it then, I can probably swing it.

Seeing as the AZXC is based in Pheonix, I'm suprised that more people haven't chimed in! Cmon guys....help a brother out! laugh

#325006 - 29/04/06 06:54 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can be available Tuesday the 9th for some 4wheel fun. Sedona is always fun, would be happy to head up with you.

#325007 - 02/05/06 06:09 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone else?!? Can we make this a legit AZXC run?

#325008 - 05/05/06 09:01 AM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, 2xplore, it looks like it would be just you and me. Unfortunately, I'm finding out now, that our schedule is tighter than I thought and I doubt I'll be able to get any wheeling in frown this just SUCKS because I want to try something other than mud for a change! I will have internet and be checking back and updating the status of ourt rip. If it opens up, I'll let you know...

#325009 - 05/05/06 10:26 AM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear that hawk. sent you a PM with phone #. gimme a call if free up some time.

#325010 - 05/05/06 09:17 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, Im not in the club yet but Im gonna be in sedona this weekend to hit some trails up there and i might be able to stay till the 8th. My dad used to do the jeep tour thing up there and he knows most of the good wheelin spots. So if anyone is interested in going shoot me an e-mail at lkdungan@msn.com

#325011 - 05/05/06 11:33 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

unfortunately those dates just don't work out for me. Otherwise it would be fun to meet up with ya.

#325012 - 06/05/06 06:34 AM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

2X, I got your PM. I should have internet access for the entire week(hopefully). I'll see what I can work out. I'm not 100% sure what's going on on Tuesday. I'll let you know and give you a call!

#325013 - 06/05/06 09:07 AM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will look forward to hearing from you hawk.

Allstock: If we get up there, it will prolly be Tues the 9th, but shoot me a pm when you want to go wheelin. I am off work 2 out of every 3 days.

#325014 - 09/05/06 10:45 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Hawk found some time in his schedule, and we went up to Sedona for a bit o' wheelin. Was a perfect day for it, and my front bumper got deliverd while we were out playing. So, got to come home and install my new bumper with help from Hawk.....what a great day! laugh laugh

#325015 - 09/05/06 11:09 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Truck is looking good Ty.

#325016 - 10/05/06 03:30 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome, way to be an Ambassador of good wheeling Ty, good on you. Sorry more of us couldn't show up Hawk, bad timing I suppose. But glad you were able to see that trail and area. The trail's one of my personal favorites. Come back in March for an AZRUN, a bit more challenging than what you drove tuesday laugh

#325017 - 10/05/06 09:28 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll get up to Sedona one of these days. Adam - How are those Diff skids coming along?? smile

#325018 - 11/05/06 03:30 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks again Ty!! I had a BLAST!!! Some of those pics are just awesome! My little sister looked at them and laughed because our trucks were in just about every single picture. She couldn't understand why laugh

I will DEFINATELY make it back down here for more wheeling. Not sure when, but I will definately!!!

Sorry I don't have more pics to post. I'm using this crappy dialup service the resort is offering. I can't believe a big resort like Orange Tree doesn't offer broadband, or wireless!!! [Huh?] I made a Waypoint acount, but only kept it for two days. $10/day is a bit steep....on top of that, the connection was NEVER stable.

Thanks again Ty! That run MADE my week! smile I also got the wonderful knowledge of what goes into mounting a Shrock front bumper too! Now I know what I'm getting myself into when I take that step! wink

#325019 - 11/05/06 04:34 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad you had a good time and one of our AZXC were able to show you around, sorry there wasn't more of us to tag along.

Have a safe trip back home and enjoy a Made-rite burger for me. [Wave]

#325020 - 11/05/06 05:03 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll pose a question to all you AZXC guys....Tell me if I have no right to ask this one....

Now that I "techncally" went on a run in AZ with a member of the AZXC club (THanks again Ty!!), would it be possible to be added to the AZXC Members list as an "Honorary Member", and buy an AZXC decal? If so, where can I get the decal from? laugh

#325021 - 11/05/06 06:50 PM Re: Anyone in or near the Flagstaff or Pheonix area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, of course you have the right..
Those "honorary members" were past club Presidents. Technically, to be a member of AZXC, one must attend two events before being nominated for membership and than be voted in. ie- An official xcursion, and a monthly club meeting qualify as two events.
PM your addy and I'll send a decal when they're done. smile
[Smoking]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal