shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#325240 - 12/05/04 11:36 PM SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
This Sunday is the day we are going to do our monthly Xcursion. I sent out an email on the 11th to give everyone a heads up. But as most of you know my mailing abilities are few. Some people did get it though. Woohoo!

Anyway I wanted to let anyone know that the are encouraged to come out on Sunday. We will meet at the Texaco on the Beline, 2 miles North of Shea. If you are coming from the South, Beline translates into Country Club Rd.

SUN FLOWER MINE TR
The trail is about a 4 hr venture from what the book is saying. There is only one "hard spot" everything else looks 2X4 able. There should be some nice scenery. It sounds like there will be a chance of AZ pin stipes.

Lets meet at the gas station at 10am and we should have you home in time for an early dinner. Please email me or let me know if you are interested. This will be a new trail to me since I haven't explored the East side yet but I'm always up for an X-venture if you are.

#325241 - 13/05/04 01:04 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
asteroid26 Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
you know i'm down!! [Wave]

#325242 - 13/05/04 01:28 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
asteroid26 Offline

I've been doin quite a bit of rompin' out this way lately, just got back a couple of hours ago in fact for a night run (with a jeep, oh no! wink ). But, i haven't done this trail yet, so i looked up some sites for some pics. Streams, Rocks and Pin Stripes, Oh My! Here are some of the links i found:

http://www.nissan4wheelers.com/trails/azrun3/day2.html

and

www.traildamage.com/trails/report.php?id=115

Hope this helps out anyone that hasn't gone yet...I'm pretty excited.

#325243 - 19/05/04 07:34 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Yellow Gecko Offline

WE have to do that again! Next time we will make it for 4x4 only. Michael made all you 4x2 very proud. I think he surprised all the newbee's. I'd like to do that again soon. Who is with me?

#325244 - 19/05/04 08:21 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
The boulder field wasn't too bad, and I think I might could have made that last shelf that Dan pulled me up (didn't even try it, had about 1" clearance on the left and it was a bit steep). That loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong hill climb was a bit more than intimidating for me, though. I crawled around and aside from a few minor scrapes my X took zero damage.

That would have made a great "Chocolate Milk" commercial. :p

#325245 - 19/05/04 11:14 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm ready to get back up there asap. How does this weekend sound? Anyone hear how bad that fire got? I was more than impressed by TremorX's ride, I'll go up with you anytime. Is your email back up yet Yellow Gecko? If not, gimme a call.
Dan

#325246 - 19/05/04 01:03 PM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
TremorX Offline

Thanks smile

I saw on the news this morning that they have it something like 75% contained. Looks like it burned up a lot.

#325247 - 19/05/04 02:41 PM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
asteroid26 Offline

you know i'm always down. Let me take my side steps off first though this time...oh yeah, and those stupid wheel covers..huh dan??

#325248 - 19/05/04 06:19 PM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have Saturday AND Sunday off this week! I want to finish that mine trail off, but if it's still smuldering up there, I might wait till later. We have to do that boulder pile backwards this time so Hillary can straighten her step rails back out. Write me an email and let me know what's up this weekend.
dan_hollman@hotmail.com

Dan

#325249 - 19/05/04 07:20 PM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
TremorX Offline

Check the pictures forum for the pics Travis took (I'll post mine later).

#325250 - 22/05/04 11:58 PM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just curios, But we where the AZ TTORA with the 3 Tacomas, And it looked like you guys did not complete the trail after the mine. Maybe it was just me, but you guys where on our tails, till the hard part, where to of us got body damage from sliding off a few boulders into a tree trunk. We never saw you guys after that. We even stayed at the top for a while. Did you guys have to turn around, or did you guys eventually make it? Just wondering. Thought one of you guys mention at the Mine you where going all the way up to the top.

#325251 - 23/05/04 08:32 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Yellow Gecko Offline

No we did not finish the trail that day. But we went back this weekend and did the rest of it. I thought the hill was going to be harder. Thanks for waiting, I hope you didn't wait too long. Did you guys end up braking anything? When we went yesturday my buddy took his Jeep and he end up ripping the wiring out of his o2 sencer and plugging a tire. We will have to set up something with you so we can all get together.

#325252 - 23/05/04 09:11 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, Yea that part where 2 TRD's got body damage, was the toughest part, all the other stuff was really fun. It is a tought trail. So only 2 of you made it up? Or just one Xterra, Cuase there was one yellow one of you guys, who was prepared with a small lift and bigger tires, and rock sliders. SOme of the Stock ones wouls have a hard time, and prolly would dent the OEM sliders/step sides. Yea, Maybe one day we could plan a huge trail with Nissan and Toyota together. That would be huge. So how many real rock cralwers you guys have on here?

#325253 - 23/05/04 09:33 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#325254 - 23/05/04 10:36 AM Re: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY
TremorX Offline

Yeah, I was the reason we turned around :p I got through the boulder field, but chickened out on the hill climb. Without a low-gear I usually have problems with inclines.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal