2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32458 - 23/01/04 05:53 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dang I really need to get of here, Lubbock Texas that is. When I was younger My dad taught at the Air Force Acadamy and we would camp all the time. Nothing that extreme. Breath takeing.

#32459 - 23/01/04 09:18 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
This reminds me of the one below from a while back:

Quote:
Originally posted by SWBRON:
Top of Taylor Pass:

Different spots, right?

#32460 - 24/01/04 04:46 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ron, those pic's are GREAT! Thanks for sharing them!

Another thought about this topic just came to me. Stay with this thought process for just a minute:

I live in Tennessee.
Tennesseans are VERY hard workers, most having grown up working on the farm.
Tennesseans are the worst drivers in the US. Anyone who doesn't believe that has never been here.
Tennesseans are the laziest hunters on the planet, only taking game that can be shot from the window of their vehicle.

The Xterra is made in Tennessee by hard working red-necks. It is driven in Tennessee by red necks who don't know how to drive, but drive it anyway. It is driven by red necks into places normal people would NOT drive, because no Tennessee red neck hunter is going to WALK into the woods to shoot a deer, nor is he going to carry that deer out on his shoulder.
Yet, the Xterra survives.

The Xterra is not just 'trail rated'.

The Xterra is 'Bubba rated'.
laugh

#32461 - 24/01/04 05:08 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
EVERY JEEP IS SUBJECTED TO THE RUBICON TRAIL BEFORE IT IT PUT TO ASSEMBLY. "

That is too funny. I picture some poor sapsucker walking down the trail with a backpack full of parts. Perhaps occasionally whacking a rock with something.

#32462 - 24/01/04 09:37 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Different spots, right?
Very close. The flag in front of my bumper is the flag in front of the TJ. It's actually American Flag Mountain. The whole area is my second favorite to the San Juans in Colorado.

Here's Taylor Pass looking West toward Ashcroft and Pearl Pass.

Here\'s the whole area at my old Xterra Journal.

#32463 - 24/01/04 09:38 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
That is too funny. I picture some poor sapsucker walking down the trail with a backpack full of parts. Perhaps occasionally whacking a rock with something.
Actually, before the Liberty, Jeeps had no problems running the Rubicon in stock form (ie. solid axles). The Liberty got through though but there was more rock stacking.

#32464 - 24/01/04 09:39 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

There used to be some very long threads on JU about the Rubicon front Dana 44 axles.
It seems its not a true Dana 44 but a Dana 30 with a Dana 44 pumpkin. That's all fine and well but the weakness in a D30 is usually not the size of the ring and pinion gears but the axle ears and u-joints. They're just too small for lockers and serious rock crawling.
These new Rubicon owners were out doing trails like they see on TV and were busting axles right and left. Warranty? "You took it off road, how can we know it wasn't abused?"
Now these guys have to fork out a grand or so to install a Warn hub conversion with alloy axles or some other afer market axles like many of us non Rubi guys have had to do. That really sucks!
More Colorado!

Here's a link to some Colorado pictures from a trip my wife and I took last summer if you're interested. Feel free to poke around my FotoTime site. laugh

http://www.fototime.com/inv/D671B71CF473970

#32465 - 24/01/04 09:58 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian,
I started lookin at your photos. They're great! I need to take some time and organize and add to mine some day. I think I'll be spending some time on your site the next few days. smile
I think my wife will be spending the day seeing how well Xterras do on the Colorado trails!
Thanks,
Ron

#32466 - 24/01/04 08:43 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Oh yes, Camp Bird ROAD is a real toughy. Took all the X had to get to this spot. [Uh Oh !]

Must be a Jeep thing?
P.S. I own a TJ and that is not impressive. Got anything from Black Bear? [Wave]

#32467 - 24/01/04 08:53 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AmPat:
Ron, those pic's are GREAT! Thanks for sharing them!

Another thought about this topic just came to me. Stay with this thought process for just a minute:

I live in Tennessee.
Tennesseans are the worst drivers in the US. Anyone who doesn't believe that has never been here.
Tennesseans are the laziest hunters on the planet, only taking game that can be shot from the window of their vehicle.

The Xterra is made in Tennessee by hard working red-necks. It is driven in Tennessee by red necks who don't know how to drive, but drive it anyway. It is driven by red necks into places normal people would NOT drive, because no Tennessee red neck hunter is going to WALK into the woods to shoot a deer, nor is he going to carry that deer out on his shoulder.

laugh
Maybe on YOUR side of the state, Don't include ours! To think I thought this type of "state" stereotyping was a thing of the past. [Freak]

#32468 - 24/01/04 10:25 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

bn300,
Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, I consider Camp Bird a very tough County Road. Bwahaha!
I didn't come to this forum to show what my Jeep can do or start arguements with the nice folks here, so I won't.
If you bother to read my previous post you'll see I like all wheeling, from exploring to hard core. If you would like to see some hard core, go here:

http://www.fototime.com/inv/D671B71CF473970

Look at the Montrose, Upper Helldorado, Hammer Trails or some of the other albums.

Ron

#32469 - 24/01/04 10:56 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by SWBRON:

SWBRON, that's the first picture in Colorado I have seen that I can't identify. Where is it ?

#32470 - 25/01/04 12:12 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by bn300:

Got anything from Black Bear? [Wave]
Sure

#32471 - 25/01/04 01:34 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian,
That's Gunsight Pass out of Crested Butte. The picture is a three picture stich. It's really a wide panorama. It's a fun trail. I wanted to go over the top but wasn't sure if the trail would continue or if I would have to come back the same way. I was alone and the off cambor switchback looked precarious. There were no tire tracks at all. There's a road closed sign before you even get to the top. wink
This is the backside trail I wouldn't do alone:

There's a little known trail out of Marble that's really fun. It goes up to the top of Treasure Mountain. You can see the Schofield road and spring ice jam from up there. It's mostly steep 2 point switchbacks. It's so seldom used there's wild flowers growing in the middle of the road in the spring! The road to Marble is at the bottom of this picture:

Here's the trail in July:

If you want to do it ask the locals in Marble or PM for details.

Ron

#32472 - 25/01/04 01:40 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone was asking about Black Bear. I've never done it. The snow was too heavy at the top. I did get a good picture of a fox up there:

This is as far as we could get:

#32473 - 25/01/04 05:02 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
[b]That is too funny. I picture some poor sapsucker walking down the trail with a backpack full of parts. Perhaps occasionally whacking a rock with something.
Actually, before the Liberty, Jeeps had no problems running the Rubicon in stock form (ie. solid axles). The Liberty got through though but there was more rock stacking.[/b]
I have no doubts about Jeep prowess, we have had several in and around the family over the years.

I was just tickled by the notion that they test EVERY jeep on the trail BEFORE they assemble it.

smile

Oh and p.s.

Sweet, sweet pics.

Can I have some of that this summer?

#32474 - 29/01/04 10:26 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
IF making it thru the Rubicon is the main test to become "trail-rated" then the Xterra passes...

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=001214#000000

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=001266#000000

Huey from NCCX is planning another rubicon run this summer.

#32475 - 29/01/04 10:38 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:
Quote:
Originally posted by bn300:
[b]
Got anything from Black Bear? [Wave]
Sure

[/b]
I've seen that picture several times (with different vehicles) and it scares the bejeesus out of me... I don't know what it is really like to drive - but it looks scar-r-r-eeee--y

#32476 - 30/01/04 06:04 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
It's a bit intimidating the first time but after that it's really fun. smile

Xterra101.com

#32477 - 31/01/04 03:00 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[b]Here you go...

I'll shoot $100 towards getting those decals made...we'll tell Chrysler the emblem is a symbol of having had raunchy sex in the X[/b]
Ahh I about peed my pants when I read that.. and didn't get to any other posts [Spit] [LOL] [LOL]

In that case I want one laugh :p

#32478 - 31/01/04 05:26 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver

#32479 - 01/02/04 05:43 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nrg510:
Quote:
Originally posted by AmPat:
[b]Ron, those pic's are GREAT! Thanks for sharing them!

I live in Tennessee.

laugh
Maybe on YOUR side of the state, Don't include ours! To think I thought this type of "state" stereotyping was a thing of the past. [Freak] [/b]
Chill, dude -
I am a Tennesseean by CHOICE, and love this area. I am not blinded to it's problems, though, by my love of it.
ONE of the reasons I give for driving NOTHING but Nissan's is that they are built here in Tennessee. I will take a vehicle built in Tennessee over anything Detroit has ever produced.

#32480 - 01/02/04 09:56 AM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

DCX runs all Jeeps that they build on a little course. Given that the course looks a little "Manufactured" its pretty decent.Its more of a "Look at me I am cool" type thing. Trail Rated is just a little scam to increase sales. Given that DCX is not doing to well at the moment the trail rated status should help boost their sales up just a little bit.

#32481 - 11/05/04 03:04 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hi everyone,

Sorry to bring this thread out of the dark. Since no one stepped up to make one for sale, I worked on a nice vinyl cut of a "X-Rated" Decal. It took me a while to find a balance between the original "Trail Rated" one to a vinyl version. I think I got a balance between detail and simplicity.

Here you go:

I hope you like them.

If interested, please check out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50447&item=2478411936

Just want to make the designing and production effort worth while. Thank you. smile

#32482 - 11/05/04 03:13 PM Re: Is the X "trail rated?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice!!!

That is so funny.....

Fuck Jeep's "trail rated" Libertys and GC's. Here's my trail rated sticker:

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal