2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326855 - 23/02/05 01:04 PM Advice on what T-bars to buy
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Ok, with my Calmini front bumper, my front end is really sloppy now. I want to put in new Torsion bars to help fix this problem and need some advice on which ones are best, and what the differences are. Here are options I've found:

SLR's 300M bars $300. Desc: Our 26mm single stage torsion bars are manufactured from 300m aircraft quality material and provide 360? of torsional twist. They have a 20% stiffer spring rate than stock and are superior over conventional 4340 torsion bars. Our bars help eliminate bottoming out both on & off road. They improve handling and control in any situation. When combined with tuned Bilstein shocks, they provide an unmatched ride. To prevent corrosion, our bars are epoxy coated. Sold as a set of two bars.

Nismo 4340 bars $200. Desc: Conventional 4340 torsion bars made by Sway-Away for Nissan Motorsports. Bars are 26.5 mm in diameter and are larger than OE torsion bars. OE Frontier torsion bars are 25 mm in diameter and OE Xterra torsion bars are 24.5 mm in diameter. They are approximately 30% stiffer than stock. Sold as a set of two bars. They also say these bars are 'not for street use'

Calmini HD Torsion Bars, $220. Our high performance torsion bars are the solution to a soft front suspension that sags or bars that just won't hold ride height any longer. The larger diameter bar has a 20% heavier rate than stock and requires a lower preload which results in superior ride quality over stock.

SLR also sells a 'Torsion bar anchor' for $120 that they say replaces the anchor point that can rip out with beefier tbars on. Anyone think there is a need for this?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice. Any other options for Tbars out there?

#326856 - 23/02/05 01:41 PM Re: Advice on what T-bars to buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't waste your money on the anchors. Those usually only strip out due to improperly installed Tbars. As long as the bar is seated well ALL THE WAY in each anchor, you should be fine.

Beyond that, choose your poison. I *think* Calmini bars are just repainted Sway Aways.....

#326857 - 23/02/05 02:21 PM Re: Advice on what T-bars to buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nismo bars at xterraparts.com are only $179 (+shipping).

#326858 - 23/02/05 06:02 PM Re: Advice on what T-bars to buy
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
Nismo bars at xterraparts.com are only $179 (+shipping).
Quote:
from xterraparts site:
Made by Sway-Away for Nissan Motorsports.
And, 4 x4parts torsion bars are also from Sway-A-Way.

#326859 - 23/02/05 07:44 PM Re: Advice on what T-bars to buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure 100% but I believe at one time nismo was the main supplier and offered the best price. I too heard that the calmini bars are the same as Sway Away Bars.

#326860 - 23/02/05 09:13 PM Re: Advice on what T-bars to buy
Xtasy Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
As you know I also have the Calmini winch bumper and some day a porta winch (ha). I went with Calmini's t-bar and they have preformed well. I don't think I've had much saging if any. I check the heigh every once in a while. Apparently there are two made by the same company and one claims to be stiffer. If you don't mind the stiffness, you're probably better off with the Nismo since they're also less expense. Next is shocks.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal