shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328851 - 10/06/03 09:11 AM AAL's Finally
MyTonka Offline

Loc: Scottsdale
Well long story short but I finally got my AAL's from SLR yesturday. I have a couple of questions... Typically when receiving AAL's in the mail, do they come in a box? Well mine didn't and the threads on the center bolt (don't know if that's the correct term but I'm sure you get the picture) are smashed in several places. Fortunately Jody has a die set so they can be fixed. But... well... pretty disappointing. frown

Secondly, Craig, are you up for another install? I don't remember your rate but let me know so we can set something up. Also, is there something that I should do to the front to counter the addition of the AAL's?

#328852 - 10/06/03 09:30 AM Re: AAL's Finally
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
That's the way SLR has always shipped their springs. I agree, pretty disappointing, not even painted (you'll want to do that prior to install). frown It's unfortunate that SLR has issues with shipping and customer service as they really have some great products.

Yes, I can help you out with the install. E-mail me at craigs-tonka@cox.net to discuss further. [Geek]

You'll need to crank the torsion bars up in the front to level it out to match the rear. Eventually you'll want to get some control arms up front which will allow you to go another 1-1/2" higher in the front and then you can put on 1" shackles in the rear. You'll also want to get extended length shocks in the rear if you haven't already done so. cool [Wave]

#328853 - 10/06/03 09:49 AM Re: AAL's Finally
KrazyBiker Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, Az USA
MyTonka's being the sweetheart she usually is. It really bugs me how the nice people always seem to get screwed. This experience with SLR was worse than just receiving damaged, improperly packaged merchandise.

After a month of waiting, MyTonka contacted Spencer, asking him about the AALs. What was his response? He had the audacity to place the blame on her for not letting him know earlier that his parts hadn't arrived! :rolleyes: MyTonka... well... she was just being her patient self, giving Spencer a chance to ship her stuff off. He then spouted off some crap about someone else possibly signing for it, saying he didn't know where her AALs were. :rolleyes: I was scared we weren't ever going to get them. But Spencer eventually said he'd 'Look into it'.

Another week passes with no word back. So MyTonka calls him again. He tells her the parts have been shipped. No apologies, no explanations... nothing.

When we do receive them (finally), we see that he sent them after we last called. Big surprise there.

Spencer - I hope you're reading this. Everyone raves about your products, but personally, I'd rather deal with inferior products and good customer service than buy through you again. Mistakes happen - but not being apologetic in the least - and even being accusatory... bad business move, man.

And the fact that you were an asshole to my girlfriend makes this personal, hence my diatribe which will hopefully save someone else the hassle of dealing with you.

MyTonka had a huge list of products she was planning on buying from you. Now... looks like we'll be going with Calamini.

#328854 - 10/06/03 10:41 AM Re: AAL's Finally
Vaca Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Everyone has bad SLR experiences. Myself, I got the wrong t-bar and had to wait forever and a day.

I think if you stay on his butt you have better results.

I'm still waiting on my Calmini sliders--been over a month and they keep promising them. Nobody has ever been rude to me, but it goes to show you that even a company regarded for customer service isn't neccesarily timely. smile

#328855 - 10/06/03 04:50 PM Re: AAL's Finally
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Just a heads up on my poor SLR experience also:

Ordered the AAL's and new shocks all around. The shocks came right away. The rear ones ended up being the wrong size. (They sent me the standard ones even though I ordered the ones for a lift and was ordering the 3pac AAL's at the same time).

My AAL's came about a month and a half later, with no explanation or anything from them. Of course, I knew that they were out of stock because Ryan had ordered them from him at the same time I did, and was calling them daily. He can maybe tell his story, but essentially they just lied to us and gave us the run around.

I personally will never buy from them again and campaign against them whenever I can. I will always trust Craig's advice on products. I love the ride with my AALs. But SLR's customer service is far below anything I'm willing to deal with ever again.

Mark

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal