2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330083 - 08/08/04 02:06 PM A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to say thanks to Marshall and Michael J. for all the work you guys did in putting stuff together for the event. It was a BLAST!! It wasn't a blast cleaning the car today for about 2 hours but getting it dirty was. Thanks to all for making the trip fun, and to mother nature, god, allah, whoever you pray to for giving us the rain so that we could play in the mud.

#330084 - 08/08/04 05:15 PM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Thanks everyone who made it out! It's not often you get to have such an awesome time for such a great cause. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't go a mile without someone staring at my truck as I smuggled about 300 pounds worth of Coconino forest back home.

My thanks to Gabe, Dan, Lee & Shanna, Jim, Pretson & Chandra, Travis & Brody, Mike and Marshall for making this go off without a hitch. We couldn't have done it without you!

[ThumbsUp]

#330085 - 08/08/04 10:00 PM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Yes, thank you all. My and Lil Man's first time was great. Brodie had a blast preasuring me to go into every puddle and picking tickets out of tuperware for 2 hours. What a great group of people to be with and meet. Everyone that I ran into was happy to be there and thankfull for the help. If you haven't gone to one of these I recomend you go. I couldn't have planned it better myself!

#330086 - 09/08/04 08:52 AM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to see Tent City is catching on laugh

Marshall, if you took the X up there, you need to park it on a sprinkler this week if you want me under there messing with that Tcase :p

#330087 - 09/08/04 09:04 AM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
20 bucks at the high pressure last night. Of course I hosed out the stall.....

Great times, I'll post a pic tonight.

m

#330088 - 09/08/04 09:18 AM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
$16 and 1-hour at the high pressure wash.
$35 + 1-hour at the car wash (they had to send it through a few times [Spit] ).
2-hours under it at home washing it all out.
1-hour cleaning out the engine area.
1-hour touch up after it was all done.
Getting my X muddy for the first time... Priceless laugh

Marshall, PM me your email address. The one I have bounced back and I want to make sure you are on the mailing list.

#330089 - 09/08/04 10:39 AM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Stone4x4 Offline

stone4x4@orbitelcom.com

#330090 - 09/08/04 02:51 PM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
I just talked to Michelle (M1?) and she wanted me to pass along a HUGE thanks to everyone. This year they raised over $30,000! She also told me to tell you all to be sure and mark your calendars from now on, they were all very happy having us along and would like to keep up doing support as long as we're willing. Good work, guys!

#330091 - 09/08/04 05:59 PM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spent 1/2 hour high pressure washing at lunch today. (I had mud over 2.5" thick on external vertical surfaces laugh )I like to bring it in dirty on mondays so my co-workers continue to believe I'm not right [Too much XOC] Than, when I got home another 2.5 hrs in the driveway hosing and scrubbing the X. It's like a geologists dream out there. I've got dirt and rock samples from Utah, Colorado, Flagstaff, Sedona, and a bit of the White Tanks too..
The event was great too and I had an excellent time. The best part for me was playing "hold up the metal pole during the lightning storm". We must've been hittin' the KNOB before the storm, and if not before, than why was I holding up the stupid lightning rod while sober? I noticed none of you F'ers standing anywhere near me [LOL] Great time and next year will be just as good! [ThumbsUp]

#330092 - 09/08/04 06:41 PM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
we started the event in style. while everyone else was cowering in tents, we stood bravely under the tarp and enjoyed the rain, friends, and a little knob...

who was kissing Brody??

all in all, an excellent weekend.

#330093 - 09/08/04 08:43 PM Re: A couple of comments about the Fat Tire event
Stone4x4 Offline

So I get back from the Cardianls scrimmage and it starts to rain and Dan is trying to get zapped by lightning and I look over at my little tent and notice that the back window is half open.

So it starts to rain harder and I decide I better brave the water and close the window.

So in the dark and rain I am fumbling with the tent zipper but it wont open.

Because it was ZIP TIED!! You BASTAGES. So I have to go find a knife, cut it open and okay it wasn't too wet......later when I go to bed I then find my air mattress is half deflated.

BASTAGES AGAIN.

Then not one but two people who can't let the truck in the forest that they are SLEPPING IN go unlocked decided that it would be cool to have their alarms go off at 5:30. BASTAGES AGAIN!!!!

I will get my revenge bwahaha [Finger]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal