2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331659 - 21/04/04 05:47 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If a cinch is a carabiner, than I've got one to give as well. [Smoking]

#331660 - 21/04/04 07:09 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Nope, not giving up my Xterra carabiner. I do however have a few American flag pins, a Nissan steering wheel key chain, a $50 off Bolt Electric (w/$500 purchase) card, and a Twizzler's Nomar Garciaparra baseball card I'm willing to part with. I have some cool refridgerator (no jokes please) magnet clips with the Childress logo on them I may bring along too. Nothing's too good for the stashes I'm leaving laugh

Nothing of any real value unless you're willing to spend $500 at Bolt Electric Home Systems. Of course that's exactly what you're going to get out of them too, worthless trinkets. One man's garbage is another man's treasure [Spit]

#331661 - 22/04/04 08:47 AM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
Nope, not giving up my Xterra carabiner.
I wasn't going to give up my cinch or carabiner (or whatever it is called [Huh?] ), I use it to much when I'm hiking. But I would give up my Xterra keychain (unless someone wanted to trade me another cinch for it? [Freak] )

#331662 - 22/04/04 03:42 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

There's a possibility I might have to work Saturday, I'm awaiting a call from one of my guys to see if I'm going to need to fill in for him. If that happens, Saturday will be out and I'll move it to Sunday morning instead.

I've got 9 (maybe 10) caches programed in the GPS to go hunt. They're all between I-17 and Pleasant Lake and north of Carefree Highway. All within a few mile range. By their description's they seem to be fairly easy ones, figured that would be good for my first time out.

Here's a map of the ones I'm thinking about for this weekend if anyone wants to program their GPS before hand too-

[img]http://www.xterraz.com/geomap3.bmp[/img]

The ones I'd like to locate are-

#1 GCHPNK
#2 GCH6BB
#3 GCDAD0 (that's a zero not the letter O)
#4 GCHCE7
#5 GC2174 (only a possible on my list)
#6 GCGJY2
#8 GCH8DA
#9 GCHRZA This is the one I looked for the other night without finding it
#10 GC510A (another zero)
#15 GCE9CE

You can go to www.geocaching.com and search by waypoint for the coordinates. I haven't done any downloading of them yet, haven't got that far in the manual. I just put them in manually but I'm going to learn because that punching numbers is a pain in the ass.

#331663 - 22/04/04 04:00 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Just got the call, I'm working Saturday. Anyone up for Sunday?

frown

#331664 - 22/04/04 04:27 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
I could do Sunday morning~

#331665 - 22/04/04 06:41 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Sure. Should we start a Team on geocaching.com? Or just use our current usernames?

#331666 - 22/04/04 06:58 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

I'm using my current "XterrAZ" name on Geocaching.com but had thought about a team X name. Maybe if enough people enjoy it and get involved we could go with team AZXC or the likes.

We can meet up at the bagel shop in Anthem on Sunday for coffee and muffins. They make the best Rasberry Whitechocolate Cheesecake muffin, oh my. Very good assorment of muffins and bagels. Different flavored coffees for different tastes. Maybe even catch a view of some local Pantera club with some very well restored/maintained cars. I see them every weekend there but don't remember on which day.

Anyway, the first cache is in the wash behind the bagel shop so it would be a good place to meet/start.

What's a good time to meet for everyone?

#331667 - 22/04/04 07:37 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I'm reading this all correctly the date of the AZXC Geocaching Run will be sunday the 25th. If indeed it is, I regretfully inform you I'll not be able to attend and participate frown as I'll either be in Sedoner or on the backroad to Crown King laugh .

I do to clarify however, plan on attending the soiree (Supai trek planning) at the Hausers saturday the 24th.

#331668 - 22/04/04 08:23 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
TremorX Offline

Let's see.. Anthem.. how about 9?

#331669 - 22/04/04 09:15 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Yzerman Offline

I'm in on Sunday. We were going to hit a few spots around the house on Sunday (there are 2 that are pretty close), but I'd rather hang around with you guys [Huh?] . I figure I can always hit the ones around my house anytime.

Any chance for coffee at this place? Maybe Corn Julio can have another showing?

How close are these things to the roads? Any chance of doing any hiking?

#331670 - 22/04/04 10:05 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
If I'm reading this all correctly the date of the AZXC Geocaching Run will be sunday the 25th.
Just a little trial run close by to get acquainted with the GPS and the game. We'll do a major one in the next month or so.

#331671 - 22/04/04 10:09 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
Let's see.. Anthem.. how about 9?
I was hoping closer to 8, how 'bout we split the difference? Can you do 8:30? If you show at 9, we'll still be doing the coffee, bagel, muffin thing and the first cache is at the end of the parking lot so we should be there awhile. It's up to you, I'm planning on being up there at 8:30 and having some goodies.

#331672 - 22/04/04 10:16 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
Any chance for coffee at this place? Maybe Corn Julio can have another showing?

How close are these things to the roads? Any chance of doing any hiking?
Yes Corn Julio, pay attention...it's a bagel, muffin, coffee shop laugh

Most are close to the roads, walking distance at best. The one that says "only a possible" on my list is 1.5 miles roundtrip if I remember correctly depending on how far you can get with the vehicle. I've read so many of them that I might be confusing it with another one, hell I don't know. I put the numbers up so you guys could read them, check it out and see if there are any to hike to in that area that aren't on the list. I do have them printed out with directions and help to make it a little easier.

#331673 - 23/04/04 10:25 AM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
We can meet up at the bagel shop in Anthem on Sunday for coffee and muffins.
What are the cords for the coffee shop? [LOL]

#331674 - 23/04/04 10:56 AM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
What are the cords for the coffee shop? [LOL]
Ah, you laugh Grasshopper but this should get you into the parking lot-

33*51.915N
112*08.048W

At least very close if not dead on.

laugh

For those of you not carrying a GPS...I-17 to Anthem Way...go east, go past the stop sign, turn left at the light (Gavalin Peak Parkway), and turn right into the Mobil/On the Run station. The bagel shop is in the strip mall beyond the station.

#331675 - 23/04/04 12:54 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Ah, you laugh Grasshopper but this should get you into the parking lot-

33*51.919N
112*08.173W
I knew I could always depend on you [Huh?]

#331676 - 23/04/04 02:01 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My internet goes down one day.. and when i come back 3 days later.. there is 3 pgs for me to read about Geocaching! eek

Its an awsome idea for the AZXC! I've heard of it and know some people that have done it, but have never done it my self ( but always wanted to).

So count me in! I also have a GPS. I'm not sure if i can make this this sunday though. What is the time frame looking like on sunday? 9-what? confused

#331677 - 23/04/04 02:32 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

We're just making a short run and staying close to town. If you have something going on just leave when you need to. I'm thinking just a few hours probably, maybe until noon or so. Just depends on what we find and how fast I guess as to how long we'll be out. I've got some afternoon plans so I need to be back fairly early myself. I've never done it before so I don't know how time consuming it is. The more organized we are, the better chance of getting to the spots quicker.

Everyone needs to bring their best maps, FRS radios, water, and maybe lunch? BTW, the bagel shop makes some pretty good lunch box sandwhiches too, a little pricey but good. Hopefully Jim's topo map in his GPS shows the roads and trails we'll need to find to get to the hides. If not, we'll be relying on the maps we bring. I've got "direct route" I can download but it is more city streets than dirt roads, didn't show any trails in the area.

#331678 - 24/04/04 12:19 AM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well turns out that i won't be able to make it tomarrow. But i'll more than likely go on the next one. Oh well.. thats what happens on short notice :p

#331679 - 24/04/04 09:43 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
TremorX Offline

I'm out, too much to do tomorrow. frown

#331680 - 24/04/04 10:25 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

8:30 at the bagel shop....Big Apple Bagels

I'll be there.

#331681 - 25/04/04 03:01 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
XterrAZ Offline

Went out for a few hours today with Jim, Merridi, Brian, and Brenda to find some caches. Found 5 total. Two were more time consuming than we had planned but found them just the same. A map of backroads would be extremely helpful in navigating to the sites. It's easy to turn on a road that you think will take you there and then it ends up taking a different direction altogether. We took some junk and we left some junk but had a great time in searching them down. I'll be adding geocaching to my list of activities when not working, it's fun and frustrating at the same time, especially when a road dead ends in the direction you need to go. We ended up driving around attemping to get to an area of a cache when the road ended within a half mile of it. We decided to head to another one and ended up driving right to the original cache on the road to the other one. Like I said, a map with backroads would be helpful laugh

We learned a few things today and got some geocaching experience so we'll be better prepared next time.

Anyway, had a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It will be a lot of fun with a group X'cursion with some travel time in between. Jerome area was suggested by Xrock for a group outing, I'll be working on getting that together for sometime in May or June.

#331682 - 25/04/04 07:23 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Yzerman Offline

Quote:
Like I said, a map with backroads would be helpful laugh
I downloaded the route (to my computer) and it looks like where we pulled off on New River Road we should have went right instead of left [Freak] (to find the road that was on the map). But I agree that the topo software that I have sucks [Huh?] and didn't show one tenth of the trails out there.

#331683 - 25/04/04 08:30 PM Re: Geocaching X'cursion?
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
What, 4 pages of post and no pics???

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal