shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331862 - 25/06/05 08:11 AM 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
The Forest Service has asked for help cleaning up the trash over at the Coves area. In the past local 4x4 clubs have made a good impression on our hobby by participating and I'm asking that we do it again. Other clubs have been doing weekend cleanups over there but there is still more to do.

The Coves are closed for the fire season but we'll be let in especially for the cleanup. The FS will supply bags and a trash barge. Sorry for the early time but it's getting hot these days so we should wrap up by 10. You'll have the whole rest of the day to yourself!

To be clear: although there may be some 4 wheeling involved in getting to and from the cleanup areas, we are not permitted to otherwise recreate due to fire restrictions. We are being allowed in for the purpose of helping clean up. At the end we must leave. Please respect this and leave the FS with a good impression of our hobby. It's an investment in our future.

Please come out and help! It's only 4 short hours and it can be lots of fun. Bring sun screen, lots of water, some snacks if you want. Please don't be late since we're being let in and out at specific times. Let me know if you plan to come out so I know how many to expect.

Thanks!

Bill Hooven
www.jeepsonly.com
AZVJC - Arizona Virtual Jeep Club

#331863 - 25/06/05 09:35 AM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I can be there. Could you pm me directions. I don't know where the Coves are at.

#331864 - 25/06/05 02:11 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
Accasbel Offline

Out by where the triathlon was held, Bush Highway/204.

#331865 - 25/06/05 05:34 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
defibvt Offline

Ok, I get it. Just meet in the parking lot where the staging area was for the Tri-athalon.

#331866 - 26/06/05 12:33 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn, I wish I had checked this yesterday. I was at the river yesterday and got severely sunburned. Maybe next time

#331867 - 26/06/05 02:05 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
defibvt Offline

Well, I was the only one who made it to the clean up. There were 5 JEEPS and one lone wolf Xterra. The Jeepers were very impressed with the Xterra and had nothing but good things to say about it. I pretty much went where they went with the exception of two lines on hills. Unfortunately with out a lift I didn't have the clearance for their lines.

We cleaned up coves 2 and 3. Cove 1 had been done a couple of weeks earlier and by the time we got to Cove 4 it was getting hotter by the minute. I will post links to the video and I will post a couple of pics here that I have. I don't have a lot of the Xterra offroading and only a few of the Jeeps. Hey, I was busy driving. laugh

Before the clean-up started.

During the clean-up.

Me being surrounded by JEEPs. We were airing up after the run. They have some sweet set-ups for airing up. I was extremely jealous.

#331868 - 26/06/05 02:24 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
Accasbel Offline

glad you made it.

it was a late request from the forest service - and i was even later in posting it to the web sites.

you may be jealous of the "sweet set-ups for airing up", but you have good AC!

thanks for helping make a good name for off-roaders...

#331869 - 26/06/05 03:14 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
defibvt Offline

I enjoyed it immensely. Wish more of the club or yourself could have been there. Cove #3 seems to be a great place to camp compared to where we camped before the Tri-atholon. It was great to give back the US Forestry service for what they provide for us in terms of offroading and camping.

#331870 - 28/06/05 10:32 PM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
What sucks is, I actually went out there about 10:00 that morning, completely oblivious that this was going on, only to find out it was closed frown I wish I'd known, I'd have been MORE than happy to join in. Next time you plan on goin' out, Scott, gimme a yell! I'm off most sundays... sadly, looks like most of the trails ain't. frown

#331871 - 29/06/05 08:47 AM Re: 6/26 at 6 AM Coves Cleanup
defibvt Offline

Mike,

PM your phone number to me...dont ask why. laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal