2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33805 - 28/02/07 11:34 AM inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, I have been having a hard time finding a solution that will fully clean my inside and outside front whindseld from all the mosture marks and stuff of that nature, that i get from living in florida. so does anyone have a solution that will fully clean my front windsheld ? thanks

#33806 - 28/02/07 12:11 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
A lot of people here prefer Stoner's Invisible Glass to something like Windex. It's good stuff, but I always find that how you clean the glass is more important than the cleaner you use. You need to always be using a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel--spreading cleaner around with a a damp, dirty rag doesn't remove anything, just spreads it around. This is particularly important for interior glass--the hazy stuff that forms on the windshield is really hard to remove without a clean, dry cloth.

#33807 - 28/02/07 12:25 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

100% Ammonia will bring the glass down to it's factory finish (if you can find it)

laugh

#33808 - 28/02/07 12:35 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Common question, not so common answer.

First- understand that a windshield does have buildup, everything from bug guts, acid rain, crappy wipers, or old ones, to road grime and oil will "etch" the glass permanently (I'm using ETCH very loosely here)

<>

That Stoners stuff can act like RAIN-X and leave a coating itself. On the inside thats fine, but the outside it's a danger. I recently posted about a recc. for an antifreeze type washer fluid....Mine freeze ALOT... Someone recc RAIN X washer fluid ..... It's been on a few weeks, only snowed and/or rained a few times, but nearly every time I'm blinded... yes, wipers off or on. ridiculously dangerous!
I read the fine print about "Rain X coating ..." and I'm now ready to slap a windshield on my truck or again, at least try DIRTEX. (I still have a hookup for windsheilds..36$, so yes, it's worth it....)

<<>>

Now, for your question, Find DIRTEX glass cleaner. It can only help. We stocked it at our glass shop for many years with fantastic results. Leaves no residue in or out, and its ammonia fortified. DO NOT SATURATE the glass, use some elbow grease.

Good Luck!

MGJ

#33809 - 28/02/07 12:36 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another vote for Stoner's [ThumbsUp]

White vinnegar and a newspaper for the stubborn water spots on the outside.

#33810 - 28/02/07 02:35 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank You all for your input

#33811 - 28/02/07 03:39 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
I have found that using newspaper to wipe off whatever you use is the key to getting perfect results.

#33812 - 28/02/07 04:02 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by silverxglider:
I have found that using newspaper to wipe off whatever you use is the key to getting perfect results.
That's interesting, I'll have to try that...

#33813 - 28/02/07 04:09 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

a few months ago i bought some microfiber cloths made for cleaning windshields. you can use cleaner with them or just water. ill never use anything else again. i just run them under water and get great results. i carry my dog with me everywhere and he gets his nose prints all over the place and it dries to a hard film. those cloths get it off everytime. ohh and they can be wash.

#33814 - 28/02/07 04:54 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by laxterra30:
a few months ago i bought some microfiber cloths made for cleaning windshields.
The big bag 'o yellow microfiber cloths from Costco work just as well. I keep two in my glovebox...

#33815 - 28/02/07 07:03 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

Newspaper is great! And it is free if you already subscribe to one!

I will have to look for DIRTEX.

#33816 - 28/02/07 07:10 PM Re: inside and outside front windsheld cleaners
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to use a product called Glas Wax. Haven't seen it a few years, and the last time was at Ace.
I'll also reccomend wiping with newspaper. Even using Windex, as long as wiping with newspaper, you'll get good results.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal